You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gone etc

I'm not particularly bothered that he's gone. I just think he was at times victim of a smear campaign and he was never going to win over the fans. Shame really.

Thanks for everything CP. Especially last week. Would love to meet him, shake his hand and all that jazz.

Wow

Mirror on Twitter:

Breaking news: Christian Purslow stands down as Liverpool MD. Will remain non-exec director and Special Advisor to new owners

Tom Werner: "We are delighted Christian has accepted our offer to help us and the Club, given his great experience and love for Liverpool FC. We will now begin a global search process for a Chief Executive Officer.”

By the way check out this guy who is rumored to be our new guy:

Keith Edelman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SSN says he's resigned!!

Sorry Purslow resigns even DOH

I'm not particularly bothered that he's gone. I just think he was at times victim of a smear campaign and he was never going to win over the fans. Shame really.

Thanks for everything CP. Especially last week. Would love to meet him, shake his hand and all that jazz.

It was hardly a smear campaign. A few were pissed off he sacked Rafa. More had doubts about his ability to be involved in footballing matters. He got associated with the owners and it's not hard to see why, considering his peddling of the party line in terms of spending and covering his arse with the SOS minutes.

He did a good thing getting rid of the owners, no doubt. But he wasn't cut out to be involved in footballing decisions, and that's been reflected in this move.

Played his part in getting rid of the owners so now its job done.

Purslow was appointed to help try and bring financial stability to the club and bring in investment.

I would have been surprised if he remained at the club as the new owners will want their own people in the senior positions at the club.

It was hardly a smear campaign. A few were pissed off he sacked Rafa. More had doubts about his ability to be involved in footballing matters. He got associated with the owners and it's not hard to see why, considering his peddling of the party line in terms of spending and covering his arse with the SOS minutes.

He did a good thing getting rid of the owners, no doubt. But he wasn't cut out to be involved in footballing decisions, and that's been reflected in this move.

That rather depends on who NESV get in to replac ehim really, doesn;t it?

The business side of things is clearly his forte. I don't doubt his credentials or intentions on that score, but I didn't like the fact he kept himself in the public eye rather than keeping a low profile, and that on the surface he was trying to play Football Manager and having too big a say in the football side of things. Going toe-to-toe against someone who had wanted (and got control of) the football side had a disastrous effect on the team's fortunes. He could have played his part in handling things differently in that respect.