You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not especially helpful, or classy, but I wish he'd just die in a fire or something. He's sucking the fucking blood out of this club and laughing whilst he does it. How did we ever end up here? Loathsome, loathsome cunt.

Here's how we ended up here:

_44564210_parry_pa.jpg

And I concur with longing for Hicks' departure from this mortal coil, though I would prefer an incredibly vicious natural illness claim him. And once he's gone, I'd like to punch his ghost.

10.30pm: So to sum up the latest developments:

• A Texas court has issued an injunction against the sale of Liverpool football club to NESV.

• Hicks and Gillett have called the attempted sale an "epic swindle". =

• There are claims the attempted sale to NESV was well below the market value of Liverpool.

• Hicks and Gillett are claiming $1.6bn in damages.

• The pair have accused RBS of a "grand conspiracy".

• Hicks has claimed he received a letter of interest from a third potential purchaser represented by FBR Capital Markets on 4 October 2010 offering to purchase Liverpool FC for £375 to £400m.

It is claimed another offer was also made in the £350m-400m range in August and that Martin Broughton never responded to this offer.

Where is all this coming from??

that's what the injunction is about isn't it?

They wouldn't even have room for an injunction in Texan court if NESV weren't American. It's bullshit anyway, UK company, UK Club, Uk Court.

Even though NESV are American they are acting in the UK so an American court can't stop them doing anything.

It is like when you go on holiday abroad; you are bound by the laws of the country you are visiting, not by the laws of your own country. So, don't drink in Saudi, but smoke away in Holland. Nothing a UK court did or said would make any difference to that.

Here's how we ended up here:

_44564210_parry_pa.jpg

And I concur with longing for Hicks' departure from this mortal coil, though I would prefer an incredibly vicious natural illness claim him. And once he's gone, I'd like to punch his ghost.

Two faces there I would never fucking tire of punching...especially that twat on the right who always turns on the crocodile tears whenever it suits him. I'd love to make you fucking cry Moores you thick gobshite.

10.33pm: Let's see what you have to say about this latest development.

"Texan courts don't even have jurisdiction over happenings in other states," says Jonathan Kaszynski. "This injunction is a vindictive act, hoping to cause the board and supporters of Liverpool Football Club as much trouble as possible. This has no chance in hell of seeing the light of day in court."

"I am currently warming down from a rather intense tennis match," says Phil Wainwright. "I declare the Liverpool sale valid. I take it the court I'm playing on has as much jurisdiction as the Texan one?"

"Can't the Premier League revoke H&G's status as 'fit and proper persons'?" asks K. Phillip Harrison. "I realise I risk being named in a Texan lawsuit for suggesting this (but I am ready to counter-sue in the district court of Matale, Sri Lanka where I have Friends)."

And lastly, here's David Penfold. "I looked at the photo and thought those Liverpool chaps have got one rubbish bodyguard."

Even though NESV are American they are acting in the UK so an American court can't stop them doing anything.

It is like when you go on holiday abroad; you are bound by the laws of the country you are visiting, not by the laws of your own country. So, don't drink in Saudi, but smoke away in Holland. Nothing a UK court did or said would make any difference to that.

Cheers mate, so it's looking good?

Simple solution. PL can now remove their licence as owners because one of the conditions is acceptance of jurisdiction of regulations of PL over and above any legal jurisdictions. Or even on simple grounds of bringing game into disrepute.

IF this succeeds, even in delaying sale by one day, we as fans need to turn heat on Scudamore and his cronies.

Why are we entertaining these cunts, let's sell the club and deal with these masochistic fucks later on in court for another bit of humiliation.

Because unfortunately there may be something in this and therefore selling the club before we know our case is watertight could be deemed illegal