You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boycott the Auto Cup Scheme

At our recent EGM it was raised, discussed and voted upon by members with an overwhelming majority, to boycott the Auto Cup Scheme as part of the season ticket renewals. We would urge all members to take part in this action. Further details on why this is being urged can be found at Boycott the Auto Cup Scheme – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

I agree with this approach, I was at the meeting Saturday and thought at the time it made sense, fuck buying for credits. another thing I think we should do is we gotta start aiming at sponsers, the RAWK jersey is gona piss off our 2 biggest sponsers and is a great idea but if were considering protesting at RBS doorstep then branches of Standerd Charterd need the same approach, smaller sponsers need to be sent a letter from the union asking to end there association with the club if they decline then anothere letter saying members will boycott there products

I would have suggested it Saturday except I got into bed at 8am and was still pissed at the meeting and if im honest I would have fell off the stage i was that ropey.

What is the auto cup scheme? If it's what I think it is then its a bit pointless.

If most people are going to renew season tickets we might as well forget any attempt to get rid of the owners if we aren't serious about it. We get what we deserve if we aren't willing to fight and suffer for it and this is exactly what H and G are counting on, blind stupidity.

As for SOS bending over to accomodate this, well, they mean well don't they?

In common with many others, I don't have a season ticket. It is, however, a good idea.

Where are you trying to go with this?

i will tell you where i'm going with this.

it's dead easy for people like you who dont have a ST and don't go the game, not so easy for people like me who have been to every EVERY european cup final we have been in and most other finals since the 70's

if i'm in the scheme i'm pretty much guaranteed a final ticket - its a tough call.

its easy for you fuckers who dont go the game to tell us what to do but not so easy for someone like me who puts my team before any fat cunt yank robbing bastard.

when we gan guarantee everyone will boycott -count me in, until then i will always be sceptical cos some out of town cunt like you will buy my ticket

it's dead easy for people like you who dont have a ST and don't go the game, not so easy for people like me who have been to every EVERY european cup final we have been in and most other finals since the 70's

if i'm in the scheme i'm pretty much guaranteed a final ticket - its a tough call.

its easy for you fuckers who dont go the game to tell us what to do but not so easy for someone like me who puts my team before any fat cunt yank robbing bastard.

when we gan guarantee everyone will boycott -count me in, until then i will always be sceptical cos some out of town cunt like you will buy my ticket

You're boring and obvious.

I am not interested in hijacking this thread or justifying my credentials as a supporter with a moron like you.

You're stalking obviously needs work though, as further checks would have revealed my regular attendance at actual football matches. I even managed to find my own way to Liverpool.

If you want to discuss it further, I've taken you off ignore temporarily. Feel free to PM me rather than fucking up what is actually a potentially interesting and well intentioned thread.

No it s not easy making a sacrifice, it's a personal decision, it starts with you taking responsibility for the club, not passing the buck someone else might snap it up and probably will, yes, but people have to make their own conclusions and not justify it by putting it on someone else's shoulders but stand up for themselves first and foremost. Theres not point 'waiting' for someone to tell you what to do.

I could not live with myself lining up Hicks pockets, not a penny will go into the club, it's all pure profit where Hicks is concerned, pay his bills.

As for European finals, I wouldn't worry about that, you've seen enough if you've been them all, what difference will a Uefa cup final make?

No it s not easy making a sacrifice, it's a personal decision, it starts with you taking responsibility for the club, not passing the buck someone else might snap it up and probably will, yes, but people have to make their own conclusions and not justify it by putting it on someone else's shoulders but stand up for themselves first and foremost. Theres not point 'waiting' for someone to tell you what to do.

I could not live with myself lining up Hicks pockets, not a penny will go into the club, it's all pure profit where Hicks is concerned, pay his bills.

As for European finals, I wouldn't worry about that, you've seen enough if you've been them all, what difference will a Uefa cup final make?

its a very hard decision but if i thought everyone would support it i would boycott.

i just don't think there is enough support for it at the minute and i know if i give up my ST's or cup tickets then some one else will take them

i would back a boycott 100% but it needs to be organised in such a way that no one else can take the tickets

i wish i knew the answer - a proper boycott needs to be organised not just on a few forums that less than 5% of lfc fans read

Its this case its not even about boycotting per se.

Its suggesting that were those on the auto cup scheme willing to forgo that privilege, it would have a short term impact financially even if the same people went on to buy the tickets in the normal way at a later date.

These are the pertinent bits

Firstly, it will hit the owners where it hurts in their pockets due to the significant impact it will have on cash flow. They will no longer be able to expect that a number of people will automatically take a ticket.

Secondly, the price of tickets for the cup games is likely to be reduced as the Club recognises the need to pitch ticket prices at a more attractive level due to the absence of pre-bought tickets and their concern to maximise attendance. We don't want to see tickets sold at a reduced rate, only to be upped in price when the 'bigger games' come around.

This boycott does not necessarily mean people have to give up going to these games but it shows supporters flexing their muscles and reiterating that Tom and George are still "Not Welcome Here".

It seems to me to be an achievable starting point for a "boycott", rather than just asking random people on the internet not to turn up, knowing full well it won't make a blind bit of difference.

i would like to apologise for the above generalisation. some of our best supporters are oots

[/b]

i would like to apologise for the above generalisation. some of our best supporters are oots

quite right. And some of our worst match going support is scouse.

i'm not renewing my ST next year. The club isn't having a single penny off me until I know its going to go back into the club to attempt to make it better.

Wasn't a difficult decision since i has already loaned it out for the past 2 seasons.

Lets face it, the liverbird maybe on the chest but it ain't Liverpool FC we are watching week in week out. I don't know what it is but its a million miles away from the club I used to love.

Great. I ticked all of the fucking boxes two days ago.

Lose/miss lay your credit/debit card,get a new one from your bank making the lost/missed placed will become invalid therefore the club can't debit your account.

When the club contact you to say they can't debit your card you inform that you longer wish to take part in the scheme.