You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: Aquilani Close to First Team Debut!

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he starts tomorrow then it proves beyond all doubt that Rafa has totally lost the plot.

Ha ha ha.. Now that Rafa has confirmed that Aqualani will start, Nick writes this.

And if he didn't start, Nick would have waited until after the game to write that Rafa proved he had lost the plot by NOT playing Aqualani in this meaningless game so as to get match fitness.

Utterly insane comment Nick. Utterly insane.

he will have gained some match fitness and will be in better shape to face the arsenal pansies.

So he is okay to play in the Arsenal game, which will be tight without a doubt, whereas he can't play in the tight game against the notoriously dirty Lyon and Debrecen?

That isn't logical to me, mate.

Ha ha ha.. Now that Rafa has confirmed that Aqualani will start, Nick writes this.

And if he didn't start, Nick would have waited until after the game to write that Rafa proved he had lost the plot by NOT playing Aqualani in this meaningless game so as to get match fitness.

Utterly insane comment Nick. Utterly insane.

If you want to support the indefensible and a manager who is slowly destroying this club that is entitrely your own choice.

The real fact out there as stated in Rafa's own words and Aquiliani's fathers interview.

its so crystal clear and it beggars belief that we currently have such an incompetant manager but the thing that beggars belief even more than that is there are LFC fans who still support and try and defend his actions now thats fucking insane.

I've also just read Rafa's comments - besides a little and unnecessary dig at Claudio Aquilani - and it's crystal clear why he hasn't been playing him. Apparently "his tackling needs to improve" which makes him "unsuitable" for the premiership.

You couldn't make it up, really. If his tackling is so bad and makes him currently unsuitable for the premiership, why did we sign him for £20m? Why not have signed Lorik Cana for £5m if that is the kind of player you want.

it's also not as if Lucas can tackle, legally at least, is it now?!

As i said, in no other realm of life but football - well, banking too - is so much spent with so little thought

So he is okay to play in the Arsenal game, which will be tight without a doubt, whereas he can't play in the tight game against the notoriously dirty Lyon and Debrecen?

Since when has Rafa ever been logical?

If he does start, I wouldn't be surprised if he dragged him off after half an hour.

The Debrecen game was again Rafa being cautious as he didnt want Lyon to get a result and us fail to beat Debrecen, it was again about caution not about fitness. If we had gone 2-0 up I am convinced he would have got playing time.

If you want to support the indefensible and a manager who is slowly destroying this club that is entitrely your own choice.

The real fact out there as stated in Rafa's own words and Aquiliani's fathers interview.

its so crystal clear and it beggars belief that we currently have such an incompetant manager but the thing that beggars belief even more than that is there are LFC fans who still support and try and defend his actions now thats fucking insane.

So if Rafa plays Aqualani it is proof that he has lost the plot!

So what if Rafa didn't play him tomorrow? What would your view be then?

So basically what you're saying is that Rafa has got it spot on by waiting until a dead rubber game to give him some minutes before unleashing him?

Is that right?

No, I'm saying that due to an unfortunate series of events of which Rafa is to take the blame for some we have never been in a suitable position to introduce him and now is the perfect time.

No, I'm saying that due to an unfortunate series of events of which Rafa is to take the blame for some we have never been in a suitable position to introduce him and now is the perfect time.

What would have been a suitable position to bring him on in then?

we won the first and were very close to winning the 2nd, the risk was he was completely off the pace and a liability and we lost those games...elementary as it turned out.

I presume you were pissed off that Aquilani came on against Arsenal then in such a tight game, with qualification for the next round on the line?

Sorry, what the fuck is this perfect time bollocks?

Any player can get injured in any fucking match against any fucking team, being a league match, Carling cup or friendly.

You can see the lad has been itching to get on the pitch and has look devastated when overlooked apart from the Arsenal game.

He was brought in to replace Xabi, who we have sorely missed this season.

For him not be be used yet clearly shows the lack of ambition by Rafa.

If there are concerns about his fitness, why have him on the bench in the first place?

we won the first and were very close to winning the 2nd, the risk was he was completely off the pace and a liability and we lost those games...elementary as it turned out.

Think you've got your results the wrong way round there. But here's a thing. He could have had a moment of genius and set up another goal against Lyon. If you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the lottery.