You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lyon vs. Liverpool 04/11/09

Herp McDerp

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a wry smile here because let's face it, what the fuck else can you do?

Over the summer someone at the club killed a gypsy with a smashed mirror, it's the only explanation for this. Fate is pissing in our faces and laughing about it.

I'm sorry but I think the Manager needed to pull his finger out today.

I don't want to blame the owners for our appalling run of form this season, but today with Kyrgiakos and Voronin the main reasons that we didn't win, I can't think of anything else. Neither had been at the club had Rafa had any money to spend this summer.

So I guess it all boils down to this: Thanks, David Moores.

Personally think Rafa dropped a bollock not bringing on Aquilani for either Kuyt or Benayoun.

I'd agree with that as a swap for Kuyt, but Benayoun was worth keeping on. Still, we had some good chances there and we needed Kuyt, Torres or Voronin to put them away. Kuyt in particular has let us down this season.

I have a wry smile here because let's face it, what the fuck else can you do?

Over the summer someone at the club killed a gypsy with a smashed mirror, it's the only explanation for this. Fate is pissing in our faces and laughing about it.

I'm sorry but I think the Manager needed to pull his finger out today.

Shambolic defending at the end there. Agger was just as culpable as Kyriakos. But at least he brings the ball out right...

Not much better going forward either. It was always going to take something special to get anything out of the game. For all the talk of the lack of funds, the manager's philosophy is wretched. He prefers fitness over technical ability, and players are treated like chess pieces and unable to really express themselves.

With the team that we put out, we played well and the manager deserves credit. He can't be blamed for the defence being so fucking leaden footed at the death.

Not having any of that.

He chose to put the useless Greek cunt in the centre of our defence and push Carra to the right.

He chose to play Voronin up front. Kuyt on the right and Benayoun on the left. Felt so sorry for Benayoun. Whenever he had the ball, he didn't have any options apart from Nando, who was too far away from.

He chose to take Torres off when there was fuck all time left. Sorry, but N'gog has no fucking presence. If we were 2-0 up then I could fully understand taking Nando off. Then there was the significance of the second goal if we scored it.

I lost complete confidence in Rafa tonight.

Can we abstain from the Yoofa cup? I wouldn't even care if we won it, I'd prefer to play less matches.

Unfortunately we're all but guaranteed a place.

We'd have to lose our remaining two games and Debrecen would have to win both of theirs for us to finish bottom.

It's the worst consolation prize in history.

We should bung the refs for the final games, if it works we qualify, if it doesn't we get thrown out of europe until next season. It can't fail...

And its come back to haunt us,Voronin is fuckin awful and may cost rafa his job,here is hoping for a lyon win I cant see it though. Under normal circumstances as Jamie just said its not the end of the world,however without Rafa and no dosh we could well be fucked.