You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

How many Spurs players would get in our first XI? Not many in my opinion.

First XI? Everyone healthy? None.

Squad? Jesus... A lot of them.

Lennon, Defoe, Bassong, Hutton, Palacios, Yossi(or Riera), Cavalieri.

That'd be the bench that would allow us to dominate the premier league. Of course, I'm taking their best players and sticking them on our bench. Ha!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modric for Lucas maybe? That'd be the only one. Maybe Lennon for Kuyt if we were playing 4-4-2. No final ball, though.

This happens every year. Everyone just jerks their knees and bangs on about someone like Spurs, or Villa, or someone, and for some reason it's always us who are pencilled in to drop out. It's just hype. Spurs'll probably end up in the top six, and good luck to them, but they're a long way off top four material. Football's just maths, basically, and there'd need to be a hell of a swing in points for them to get close to us.

Evening Echo | Moyes set to spend Lescott cash

Moyes set to spend Lescott cash

24/08/2009 - 14:24:58

Everton will spend some of the cash from Joleon Lescott’s sale to Manchester City on Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

A delegation from Goodison Park is expected to fly to Hamburg in the next 24 hours to conduct a medical on the Locomotiv Moscow left winger who is likely to cost boss David Moyes close to £9m.

The 24-year-old will need a work permit, but with him being a regular in the Russia side, that is unlikely to be a problem.

Holding the medical in Hamburg will also speed up the move ahead of next week’s deadline because Bilyaletdinov does not have a visa as yet to enter the UK.

Lescott was in Manchester today completing his own medical which will trigger an end to the summer-long saga over his transfer to Eastlands.

Everton will get £22m, rising to £24m with various add-ons, and that gives Moyes just a week to do his own transfer business.

Everton acquired a work permit on Friday for Valencia’s Argentina international midfielder Ever Banega, who has been on loan at Atletico Madrid.

But there is still some confusion over that deal, with Valencia and the player’s agent insisting they are not in negotiations with the Merseysiders.

Moyes, who claims he wants four new faces in his squad before the transfer window shuts, is aiming to buy two defenders.

He has been linked with Stoke’s Ryan Shawcross, Middlesbrough pair David Wheater and Robert Huth, Bolton’s Gary Cahill and Arsenal’s Philippe Senderos.

It was claimed that Everton were also in contact last week over Stephen Taylor’s availability.

But Bilyaletdinov could be the first arrival, the 6ft 1in player having appeared 28 times for his country.

Moyes, though, will have to select from his current players for Thursday’s Europa League play-off second leg away to Sigma Olomouc.

The 4-0 first leg victory over the Czech side is Everton’s only win of the season having lost 1-0 on Sunday at Burnley to add to the opening day 6-1 defeat by Arsenal.

First XI? Everyone healthy? None.

Squad? Jesus... A lot of them.

Lennon, Defoe, Bassong, Hutton, Palacios, Yossi(or Riera), Cavalieri.

That'd be the bench that would allow us to dominate the premier league. Of course, I'm taking their best players and sticking them on our bench. Ha!

No Paylyuchenko Lance?

Liverpool set to move for Arjen Robben after Manchester United show interest

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:06 PM on 25th August 2009

Comments (0) Add to My Stories

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is believed to have stepped up his interest in Arjen Robben, after reports yesterday suggested Manchester United were keen on the Real Madrid player.

The Spaniard has long been an admirer of the winger, and could go head-to-head with his bitter rival Sir Alex Ferguson over the player's signature.

The Holland star is out of a favour at Real Madrid and is eyeing a return to the Barclays Premier League.

Battleground: Liverpool and United are both keen on adding Robben to their squad

The Dutch international is believed to be valued by his club at around £18 million. Manchester United, still yet to spend much of the £80 million received from Real for Cristiano Ronaldo, would have no problem meeting that valuation if they decided it was a fair price.

Robben was close to joining United before he signed for Chelsea from PSV Eindhoven in 2004 and would provide the speed and goals neither Antonio Valencia nor Nani can offer.

Read more: Liverpool step up interest in Arjen Robben after Manchester United link | Mail Online

I see Pavlyuchenko wants away from Spurs. I'd take him on loan, but Spurs would never entertain it.

Frustrated Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko admits: I want to leave | Mail Online

As much as I despise Arjen Robben (he's a complete coward when the going gets tough, as seen by his half-time substitution at Anfield in March), I'd also take him on loan if there was a possibility. We are crying out for another match winner, especially with the attention other teams now devote to Torres and Gerrard.