You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Glastonbury piss up

The-Sir

I'm not a massive fan but I thought Adele was good. That said, I wanted to hear Turning Tables, Chasing Pavements and a couple of Prince/Bowie covers. Diamonds and Pearls, for example, would have been perfect for her voice.

My mates, girlfriends, brother is in Adele's band.

He keeps getting them free tickets to go and see her. My mate is gutted, yesterday was the 6th time he's seen her this year, he's bored to tears of her warbling shite.

Glastonbury just makes me angry these days, angry it's claimed that it's the biggest music festival out there but it's near on impossible to get yourself a gig, even on one the tiny/independent stages, unless you have a deal or know someone.

I've given up trying like in previous years. I know one person who has a deal who's playing and had to frantically sort out a ticket for himself as you can't play there without one. No performer passes or anything, unless your Coldplay or Adele or one of those other knobs.

They have in the past had competitions where it's pretty much based on how popular you are/how many YouTube hits/social media followed, but generally none of your 'followers' can get a ticket to see you there as its a lottery getting a ticket there these days.

I've tried four years in a row and each time I've not gotten anywhere.

Some people who go there who never go down their local venue to see unsigned/up and coming bands and walk around with flowers in their hair and hippy clothes as it's just somewhere to be seen and boast about on social media as if they are music fans.

Fuck off Eavis and fuck off anyone else as per the above.

• Upvote 3

I watched Adele last night. No doubting she has a brilliant voice but all that warbling in-between songs got tedious. Fair enough the odd few words and interaction are important but I wasn't sure if I was watching a music show or a Victoria wood musical.