You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Bob Dylan appreciation thread

rondeco

Dicko you've excelled yourself with Oh sister, off Desire if I'm not mistaken?

Black diamond bay, absolute belter off the same album.

How does one post you tube clips embedded, anyone calls me a tard and they're dead meat!

Drew, on the youtube link, copy the bit after the "=" and post it in between a youtube tag, which can be found when you are typing a reply on here (i can see them now, in the toolbar above the bit you are typing.

I love absolutely everything about this song, the understated singing, the beautiful lyric and most of all the gorgeous Lanois production.

From Dylan's later period, this is to me his finest hour.

That album is utterly superb, Dylan was shit in the eighties wasn't he?.....Lanois would return of course, and that album kicks anus too.

The Best of Bob Dylan

Or maybe Blood on the Tracks

Decent choice, something old something newish. Blood on the tracks was fantastic as well.

I'm struggling, it's between Hard Rain (Rolling thunder tour) raw music to the max. Street Legal, amazing album and Desire because that's where it all began for me.

Cards on the table Dylan kids, his best album, you have to choose one!

1) Highway 61 Revisited

2) Blood On The Tracks

3) Nashville Skyline

4) Desire

5) Blonde On Blonde

6) Another Side Of Bob Dylan

7) Street Legal

8) Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

9) The times They Are A' Changin

10) Infidels

Decent choice, something old something newish. Blood on the tracks was fantastic as well.

I'm struggling, it's between Hard Rain (Rolling thunder tour) raw music to the max. Street Legal, amazing album and Desire because that's where it all began for me.

Fuck me!!! I was kidding with the Best of...!! Hard Rain is immense, totally different versions from the studio albums, but raw as fuck. Street Legal? i've read so much bad stuff about it, is it really any good?

1) Highway 61 Revisited

2) Blood On The Tracks

3) Nashville Skyline

4) Desire

5) Blonde On Blonde

6) Another Side Of Bob Dylan

7) Street Legal

8) Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

9) The times They Are A' Changin

10) Infidels

No Oh Mercy? not even for Infidels? or Street Legal?

[YOUTUBE]YDtyVV8B-8s[/YOUTUBE]

Tell Me That It Isn't True

[YOUTUBE]-wrJh7YmrDw[/YOUTUBE]

One More Night

[YOUTUBE]LZJBN_JEzso[/YOUTUBE]

Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

[YOUTUBE]d6aFoxS9n6s[/YOUTUBE]

Queen Jane Approximately

Edited by Dicko

Fuck me!!! I was kidding with the Best of...!! Hard Rain is immense, totally different versions from the studio albums, but raw as fuck. Street Legal? i've read so much bad stuff about it, is it really any good?

On reflection no it's not, I was letting my love of Changing of the Guard cloud my judgement. I've just ran upstairs to check the track listing, I completely forget it was released during his God squad years.

Fuck it, Desire for me, although this could probably be my favourite ever track.............maybe or Like a Rolling Stone possibly.

[YOUTUBE]EUJJOx5KIks&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YDtyVV8B-8s[/YOUTUBE]

Tell Me That It Isn't True

[YOUTUBE]-wrJh7YmrDw[/YOUTUBE]

One More Night

Did that voice work for you Dicko? to be honest, I havent heard much from it but Lay Lady Lay is definitely one one his best vocals. Is there much to compare on there?