You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dossena was average today, just like the rest of them but I can tell he won't be good enough. Not strong enough, he was barged over in the 1st half against some lightweight on the right, is shit in the air and not that good going forward. I've seen him play 5 or 6 times now and keep hoping him to do well but am always left disappointed. Most Reds I know agree with me.

Well Ive seen him 20-30 times and hes superb going forward, decent in the air, and not half as 'lightweight' as you may think. This is the premiership. It takes time to get used to. Its a physical league, it takes time to adjust. We play a different system at the back to most teams, and bar Arbeloas debut, I know of nobody who has come straight in and not took time to adjust to it.

The lad will be a good signing IMO, I can tell, hes got all the attributes to suceed in this league. But I rate Aurelio as a superb left back, and if both were fit its Aurelio for me everytime.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ive seen him 20-30 times and hes superb going forward, decent in the air, and not half as 'lightweight' as you may think. This is the premiership. It takes time to get used to. Its a physical league, it takes time to adjust. We play a different system at the back to most teams, and bar Arbeloas debut, I know of nobody who has come straight in and not took time to adjust to it.

The lad will be a good signing IMO, I can tell, hes got all the attributes to suceed in this league. But I rate Aurelio as a superb left back, and if both were fit its Aurelio for me everytime.

20-30! Don't exaggerate. I hope I'm wrong but feel we've dropped a bollock on this one.

For me Xabi`s performance today has been the one we`ve seen too many times for the last couple of seasons. It became more evident today, as the whole team played well below par. But his passing is not as good as it can be. He gives the ball away way too much in dangerous areas. I think he lost it 4 or 5 times today, and one of those situations led to the goal.

It may be harsh singling Xabi out, as no one really played well, but he is the player that`s been discussed all summer. 3 matches are too soon to say whether he will pick up his performances, but after playing 5 halfes, he`s played one very good and 4 poor ones, so he needs to improve big time( like the rest of the team).

Im pretty sure had Lucas played like Alonso today he would have been slaughtered.

We always like to compare ourselves to the Mancs and if you remember last season they started out with 2 points in their three first matches before they went on a run where they won 4 or 5 matches in a row where they won 1-0 where they were really crap and were very lucky. If we continue to scrape wins, the confidence will come.Often wins like these are the ones that really boost the squad confidence and morale.

20-30! Don't exaggerate. I hope I'm wrong but feel we've dropped a bollock on this one.

If you knew me mate, you would know I watch the italian and spanish leagues every week!

I dont chat shite.

Dossena is average, and he was average, if a bit steady at Udinese.

Thats nonsense that Phil. He was the best left back in Italy by far last season.

That given, he was average during his time at Verona.

doesn't really matter how many games you watch, I've watched him the same amount as you and come to the opposite conclusion...he's ace!

Surprised nobody has mentioned the baffling decision to pull back the play with kuyt practically on the goal line

(first post on my iPhone and it takes a long

fucking time!)

Was he fuck the best left back, I said back at the start we paid too much for an average player and I'm not going to change my opinion.

Go on then, who was better?

And before you answer, theres no fucking chance it was Vargas from Catania.

doesn't really matter how many games you watch, I've watched him the same amount as you and come to the opposite conclusion...he's ace!

Surprised nobody has mentioned the baffling decision to pull back the play with kuyt practically on the goal line

(first post on my iPhone and it takes a long

fucking time!)

We've been watching different players mate.

Let's be honest Riley had a shocker. He's a shite ref and always has been plus he possibly the most feeble looking man ever.

I don't know who was better, but if he was the best then fuck me, they must be missing a few tricks over there.

Not at all. He was superb last season. Hence why he made his international debut, and hence why hes our most expensive defender at £7m.

I love the word hence, hence why Ive used it regularly.

He was completely average last season though, didn't get in the Italian squad, and is certainly not worth the 7m we paid for him. Aurelio is better, I'm not surprised about the completely average start he has had, he'll probably be an average and steady player, but nothing special and certainly not worth 7m we paid for him.

He was completely average last season though, didn't get in the Italian squad, and is certainly not worth the 7m we paid for him. Aurelio is better, I'm not surprised about the completely average start he has had, he'll probably be an average and steady player, but nothing special and certainly not worth 7m we paid for him.

Good to know.

Not long got back from the match and I have to praise the team for not giving up and grinding out the win, however I'm still concerned that the problems that plagued us last year are still apparent and that we will struggle to break the stubborn sides down when they set their stall out as boro did today. With each match that has been played this year it has become more and more clear why Rafa wants to sign Barry as we need his drive and creativeness from midfield, also he will chip in with a fair few goals which always helps when the games are as tight as this, I think if we are to challenge this year then signing Barry and another wideman are a must.

HE WAS NOT AVERAGE LAST SEASON!

AND MADE HIS DEBUT FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM!

Backing my view up? Benitez, Capello and Donadoni.

Backing your view up?