You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield's Final Series

Section_31

Right. I bought the Wire partly because of all the raving on this place, so I'll buy this as well.

Done exactly the same and am 9 episodes into series 1.

Whilst I didn't particulary warm to Vic straight away, his character is growing on me. I found the way he acted unbelievable at first but he's mellowed a bit now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done exactly the same and am 9 episodes into series 1.

Whilst I didn't particulary warm to Vic straight away, his character is growing on me. I found the way he acted unbelievable at first but he's mellowed a bit now.

Seriously? I loved him straight away, I must be a twat! But then I am an ends justify the means kind of chap.

After a mass Wire fest lasting a few months, I now need to get back into the shield. I have got series 5 & 6 sitting on my DVD shelf and will make a decent cut into series 5 over the remainder of the weekend.

Anyway the point of this post was, does anyone know when does series 7 starts on CH5?

I need to get up to date by then.

After a mass Wire fest lasting a few months, I now need to get back into the shield. I have got series 5 & 6 sitting on my DVD shelf and will make a decent cut into series 5 over the remainder of the weekend.

Anyway the point of this post was, does anyone know when does series 7 starts on CH5?

I need to get up to date by then.

Drewy said that they have the rights to show it any time from now, but haven't announced when yet.

Drewy said that they have the rights to show it any time from now, but haven't announced when yet.

I haven't seen much television recently; due to my Wire fest, so haven't seen if Ch5 are even showing any trailers. I pretty sure Season 6 had concluded by this time last year so wonder why they are holding it back.

Maybe they have to wait till its partially shown on the other network (FX?) on SKY. Not that I mind, it gives me time to catch up and I already have it saved a series link in case it slips under my radar. Patience is a virtue, I'll hang tight and maybe go a tad slower with the 2 box sets I have left.

It took me a little while to get back into it last night, as it had been a while since I watched series 4. The faster pace of The Shield compared to The Wire's was a little disconcerting for the first hour.

Edited by RJ Fan club

• 5 weeks later...

Copy of the email I got 2 weeks ago from channel 5;

Your Reference: VA/228066/PP (Please quote this reference in all further correspondence)

Date: 25th September 2008

Dear Andy

Thank you for your enquiry regarding The Shield.

We have acquired the broadcast rights to Series 7 but no transmission dates are scheduled at the moment.

As further information becomes available it will be released for publication in the local and national press. We recommend keeping an eye on the television listings magazines or contacting us again later this year when more details may be available.

You can also get 14 day advance scheduling information for all of Five’s channels on our website at:

tv listings | five.tv

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

Philip

VIEWER ADVISOR

• 2 weeks later...

K, watched the first 5 eps (don't worry, no spoilers).

I am loving it, it's such good tv and it is stepped it's game up from season 6 (which is so underrated btw but it was always going to be a difficult task after the finale of s05 but I feel it's moved on now and it's kicking arse! ). Once again there are several overlaying story lines whist the original arc is in the background. There is no faster paced show out there than this and god knows how the writers manager to keep track and tie everything together so well, it's like every little thing no matter how insignificant at the time, always crops up again later.

I won't say anything more about the show until it's over, I just wanted to reassure fans that it hasn't lost anything, it gets better and better for me. Remember fokes, "A desperate Vic Mackey is a dangerous Vic Mackey"

p.s. Billiings fucking rules so far!

Currently watching Season 1 of The Wire as the wait for Season 7 of The Shield has been unbearable. The Wire is excellent, but without the sheer unadulterated rawness and pace of The Shield.

C'mon Channel 5, pull your fucking finger out. I need my Vic-fix.

Did Series 1 of this but didn't particularly rate it. It was OK and I would have probably plus'd it every week had it been on telly, but it didn't blow me away. I wouldn't pay for further boxed sets anyway.

Maybe its because I watched it shortly after watching all 5 of the Wire. It isn't anywhere near the same class as that.