You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has anyone else heard

bobhorse

A nasty rumour has reached my ears that Mr Crouch will be wearing black and white next season

Has anyboady else heard the same the rumour reaches my ears from a strange source who is in OZ

I dont like posting rumour but he seems convinced that is info is correct

I hope not as i thought he was better than that no mention of the fee

I hope that is shit. I don't want him to go but if he does I hope it is to someone likable and decent. I hate Newcastle and if Crouch goes there I probably start to dislike him, I'd never be able to hate Crouch but dislike is a strong possibility.

Don't do it Peter for the sake of your Career and the fact that I don't want to dislike you.

I think Crouch would do very well in Spain. He would give their Defenders a fucking torrid time and you seem to get more time on the ball which suits his game. As I said earlier, I really don't want the lad to go because he does offer us something different and scores his fair share of goals.

A nasty rumour has reached my ears that Mr Crouch will be wearing black and white next season

Has anyboady else heard the same the rumour reaches my ears from a strange source who is in OZ

Only if Portsmouth are changing there kit to black and white for next season...

Juventus?

I think he is off for sure and if he goes it does not really bother me where he ends up. My only concern is that we do not get shafted on the price. I would also be happy to see him stay as he is a decent player but he has not had enough starts this season and can understand him wanting away.

For most clubs outside the top four Crouch would start every week.

Newcastle are one of the few teams that will pay over the odds for a player coming to the end of his contract, so if he doesnt stay they're probably the best team for him to sign for in terms of us getting the best possible price.

Exactly - they are one of the few other clubs ( Hammers and Citeh) who are deranged enough to pay huge fees.

If Peter wants to go and we need cash, then I'm all in.

He's a smart lad, if he is to go I'd like to see him head to Italy or Spain. He could really flourish there where pace isn't as much of an issue.

That said, I'd rather he stayed with us. He's a unique player, and I agree that he could play a big part tonight.

He's been immaculate in recent weeks, the league goals against Arsenal, Fulham and Birmingham and setting up Nando in the second leg of the quarters.

No point selling that kind of quality for buttons.

As much as I've come to like Crouch I still think a bigger (width not height) and stronger fella would be better together with Torres. Crouchy is great and all, but he doesn't offer the protection needed against some of the extremely rough centre backs in the Premiership.