You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A mad, mad world - Slur on Rafa

Hazel Motes

Mourinho, who only won titles in England because he spent a preposterous amount of money? Did you see how much shit Mourinho bought during his spell? He wasted more money than Benitez, Ferguson and Wenger have in their entire careers on some of that shit.

Mourinho on a budget WILL NOT win our club a title. You'd have to be very, very, very, very naive about football to think he would. You would *have* to keep Rafa on or hire a 'co-manager' to be in charge of transfers at the very least - which of course is just as ridiculous as the notion that Mourinho could win an English title with our squad and a tight budget in the first place.

He wouldn't have to spend too much as we have the core of a great team, also he would get alot more out of the squad now than what Rafa is, his job was talk of the town last year and they almost won the quadrouple, he didn't spend much when he won Champions League with Porto either and had a great record against Ferguson, Wenger and Rafa in the league.

He did well at Porto, but then if referees could do their job correctly he'd have not made it past the second round in 2004 and would never have gotten the Chelsea job.

I really doubt his credentials in England. He failed in the CL, his league form was purely a result of having enough money that he could spend it without a care, seeing whatever shit would ultimately stick. We have the core of a great team, but Mourinho isn't the man to add to it. He signed an incredible amount of shit, only consistently delving into top quality when he spent ludicrous amounts. All told, his judgment was nothing short of appalling.

If we look at most of the players he signed for similar amounts to Rafa's usual outlay, you'll see that they are generally much, much worse. We'd be looking at the likes of Tiago in place of Alonso, Boularouz in place of Agger or Arbeloa & Obi Mikel in place of Mascherano. This is the man who spent £13.2m on Ferraira, a catastrophe barely given the responsibility to play when he was their only fit right back.

I would advise everyone trumpeting the virtues of Mourinho to be careful what you wish for. Personally, I'll be laughing from afar as he toils hilariously, dragging Liverpool's name into the mud while overseeing an era less successful than Rafa's while the clueless Cowboys continue to piss all over the club's heritage.

Come to think of it, Hicks, Gillett & Mourinho would be a marriage made in Heaven (or should that be Hell?). Only the most sordid, classless of football clubs could have all three at the helm, much to the delight of our fiercest rivals.

He did well at Porto, but then if referees could do their job correctly he'd have not made it past the second round in 2004 and would never have gotten the Chelsea job.

I really doubt his credentials in England. He failed in the CL, his league form was purely a result of having enough money that he could spend it without a care, seeing whatever shit would ultimately stick. We have the core of a great team, but Mourinho isn't the man to add to it. He signed an incredible amount of shit, only consistently delving into top quality when he spent ludicrous amounts. All told, his judgment was nothing short of appalling.

If we look at most of the players he signed for similar amounts to Rafa's usual outlay, you'll see that they are generally much, much worse. We'd be looking at the likes of Tiago in place of Alonso, Boularouz in place of Agger or Arbeloa & Obi Mikel in place of Mascherano. This is the man who spent £13.2m on Ferraira, a catastrophe barely given the responsibility to play when he was their only fit right back.

I would advise everyone trumpeting the virtues of Mourinho to be careful what you wish for. Personally, I'll be laughing from afar as he toils hilariously, dragging Liverpool's name into the mud while overseeing an era less successful than Rafa's while the clueless Cowboys continue to piss all over the club's heritage.

Come to think of it, Hicks, Gillett & Mourinho would be a marriage made in Heaven (or should that be Hell?). Only the most sordid, classless of football clubs could have all three at the helm, much to the delight of our fiercest rivals.

Only beaten once in ninety minutes at home in all competitions and that was cause they where down to ten men for most of the game against a brilliant Barcelona team, 2 Premiership titles (which is harder to win than the Champions League) an F.A cup, 2 Carling cups and a Penalty shoot out away form another Champions League win as I am sure Chelsea would have beat a less than impressive Milan side, you can't put it all down to money, no one disliked him more than me when he was at Chelsea but thats because I knew it would be harder for us to win the league with him in charge.I don't doubt his credentials, you can't say it was all down to money.

managers are made or broken in the transfer market and Rafa is one of the best operators in the market and best placed to attract top foreign talent, he doesn't always get it right but he gets it right more often than not. let him get on with it and stop being so fucking short sighted

Absolute rubbish - out of 40+ players got it right about 5-6 times

Absolute rubbish - out of 40+ players got it right about 5-6 times

You've got to remember mate, Rafa has only dealt in the top end of the market once, with torres. And thats been a total success. The majority of his signings have been in the mid-lower end of the market, 5-12million etc. And they are always going to be hit and miss. I think it is fair to say he has got more right than wrong. Alonso, garcia, Babel, reina, agger, crouch, momo (when you look at his first 2 seasons-and the huge profit we will make on him), Arbeloa (only 3mill). He spent buttons on Carson and will probably make about 9mill profit. Players like kromkamp came in on a free, and a profit was made a few months later. The players who havnt made it, nando, gonzalez etc, have been quickly shipped out. Then there are the one's with still a bit to prove, the likes of pennant, benayoun, kuyt to a certain extent. In general, when you look at the circumstances, i think rafa's done a bloody good job in the market.

Mourinho has done a fantastic job wherever he has been, with or without money. A WUM he might be but his class isn't in doubt.

As for the Slur, I think he is backing Rafa because he likes Rafa. Irrespective of whether or not he views Rafa as a threat or not the whole world is up in arms about the way he has been treated and the Slur is no exception.