You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your first visit to Anfield

Jordy20

I don't remember the date but it was when we drew 3-3 with Manchester United at Anfield in a night game. It was the first time I travelled so far too. 5 of us came up on the train from Euston and came up so early we got to Liverpool at about 11am for a 8pm kick off!! We fucked around, played football in Stanley Park on a freezing day and got into the ground as it opened. Fucks knows how time passed that long but I do remember 5 Asian lads getting funny looks around town...

And what a game 3-0 down and then to make it 3-3 - I remember telling the lads after the game that "nobody fucks with Razor"....!! We got home really hate and I remember by dad busting my arse for being out for "2 days".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had been to odd reserve games with my dad as a toddler , but the first game I attended properly was against Malmo in the late 60s ( I think we won 2-0 but I'd have to look it up ).

I sneaked in at Three-quarter time ( Young guns on here will not believe probably that for years the gates were opened with 20 mins to go to let people out & you could just walk in for nothing ). I happened to live off Belmont Road ( We were eventually Compulsorily purchased so would struggle to argue with the original poster about the area around the ground !!! ) so started to regularly do this for afternoon games.

The weird thing is that although European games are always night games , I distinctly remember this as being in sunlight and can't imagine my mum letting me go to a night game with my dad at 8 or 9 with school in the morning.

liverpool v fulham 66/67 [ I think] Lawrence Lawler Byrne Smith Yeats Stevenson Callaghan Hunt Hately St John Thompson sub Strong [as always]

won 4-1 Fulham had Bobby Robson playing Johnny Haynes and Alan Clarke who got their goal stood on the kop for the first time ever midway up on the right all the old fellas had paper cups of Threlfalls beer at half time hence the series of waterfalls running down the terraces at the end any one at the front must have worn wellies to keep their toes dry:D

I really can't remember my first game. It's weird - I literally have NO IDEA who it was against or anything, my memory is awful.

Mine too. I can remember experiences really easily, but I can't place them. For example I can remember goals really vividly in my mind but often not when they were scored or who the opposition was.

http://lfchistory.net/resultvs2.asp?Team=66&Comp=All&submit1=Submit

According to that it was 2-1 to us in the 1st round second leg of the Fairs Cup (equivalent of the UEFA CUp wasn't it?).

http://lfchistory.net/viewgame.asp?game_id=414&Season_id=9

Yeats and Hunt scored.

If it shows up, this is the programme from then...

ac_1.JPG

Which shows it was a 7.30 kick-off.

And you can buy the programme here -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Liverpool-v-FF-Malmo-Fairs-Cup1-4th-Oct-1967_W0QQitemZ230009101346QQihZ013QQcategoryZ123720QQcmdZViewItem

I'm just off to get a life...

Thank for that RR , delighted to note my all time hero scored in my first game.

Dad must have been well in the good books to bring me in at 10 ish on a school night at age 7. Good job I passed the 11 plus - my mum has a great memory !!

Jesus knows where the 'sunlight' memory comes from , but as Paul said later specifics do get a bit vague & it was 40 years ago to be fair

Thats a great site btw

http://lfchistory.net/resultvs2.asp?Team=66&Comp=All&submit1=Submit

According to that it was 2-1 to us in the 1st round second leg of the Fairs Cup (equivalent of the UEFA CUp wasn't it?).

http://lfchistory.net/viewgame.asp?game_id=414&Season_id=9

Yeats and Hunt scored.

If it shows up, this is the programme from then...

ac_1.JPG

Which shows it was a 7.30 kick-off.

And you can buy the programme here -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Liverpool-v-FF-Malmo-Fairs-Cup1-4th-Oct-1967_W0QQitemZ230009101346QQihZ013QQcategoryZ123720QQcmdZViewItem

I'm just off to get a life...

Less than 3p for the programme, it's gone up by 10,000%!!!!!!!!

My first game was against Man City in 1981. The last home game before the European Cup Final. I was a couple of months away from being 9. We won 1-0, Ray Kennedy scored and I was in the Anny Road (had things been different, I may have been AnnyRoadGaz on here, but there you go).

The second 4-3. The atmosphere was awesome and our football matched it. I think that is a big factor in the atmos as it was the same for a long time following. How they got back to 3-3 with their only 3 attempts I will never know! I remember staring with disbelief accross the ground it was almost sureal. Thought there was 10 mins to go when Robbie scored 20 seconds from time.

Took my 7 year old and it was the first time we every felt the same emotions at the same time. When robbie scored I just picked him up and he screamed Robbie Fowler and I screamed it back. He so wanted to shout shit at the newcastle fans when they chanted 'united'!!!:D

When Dominic Mateo got sent off against Boro he was 9, shouting the referee's a wanker with both gandparents there! Funny as fuck. He asked me what was wrong and when I explained he asked me what it meant. 'Tell ya when you're older son'!

When Dominic Mateo got sent off against Boro he was 9, shouting the referee's a wanker with both gandparents there! Funny as fuck. He asked me what was wrong and when I explained he asked me what it meant. 'Tell ya when you're older son'!

I would not have found that funny at all to be honest.

With respect to the area round the ground and could it deter potential signings there are routes in that would avoid the boarded up houses. By first taking them to Melwood, then to Anfield via Utting Avenue and Anfield Road and into the Main Stand car park they would be oblivous to the deprivation in the area. There is a 10-15 year plan for regnerating the area but this is dependent on the stadium move, so the sooner the club get on with that the better for the local people.

if you cud hide that area from the players, lol wud appear to be the sensible thing to do.

I would not have found that funny at all to be honest.

You wouldn't find funny a 9 year old lad doing something so naughty in all innocence!? In front of both his grandads. There were 12000 blokes on the kop chanting it ffs!!

You seem to have a sense of right and wrong but absolutely no sense of humour!!!!O_o

Maybe you haven't had the joy of being a parent?

October 1992. Sheffield Wednesday 1-0. Don Hutchison of all people scored the winner after 80 minutes. My only game in the old standing KOP, something I'm very grateful to have experienced.

The team on the day:

1 Bruce Grobbelaar

2 Mike Marsh

3 David Burrows

4 Steve Nicol

5 Torben Piechnik

6 Don Hutchison

7 Steve McManaman

8 Paul Stewart

9 Ian Rush

10 Jamie Redknapp

11 Mark Walters

Subs:

12 Ronny Rosenthal

13 David James

14 Nick Tanner

83/84 v spurs. won 3-1.anyone from hull remember simon grays coach trips?. coach travel to anfield but no tickets. i was 16 and got ripped by a tout for 2 seats together in the main stand in the corner by the KOP. with 3 posts to obstruct your view!!!. had loads of games watching hull city in the kempton with all the swaying, pushing and chants but the KOP was 50 times the size and 50 times louder, we were hooked. at half time we jumped over into the KOP. we didnt see much from KOP it was so packed., kenny was back after a layoff and sammy lee got the third. THE best time of my life.....better than the kids better than my wedding was... 93/94 v united 3-3 that was kop dreamland. the hillsborough justice concert was a great anfield moment to. all the best lads have a great year.

My first game was against Man City in 1981. The last home game before the European Cup Final. I was a couple of months away from being 9. We won 1-0, Ray Kennedy scored and I was in the Anny Road (had things been different, I may have been AnnyRoadGaz on here, but there you go).

Snap (I think).

Snap (I think).

Thats what I thought, when I re read the whole thread.

Howie Gayle in for Kenny, who was still looking doubtful for the final at that stage. Jimmy Case's (and Clem's) last Anfield appearance (though not known at the time). Me standing on a box my dad took in for me (and thinking now that you wouldnt be allowed in with them).