You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Centre Half In The PL

Vincent Vega

Best Centre Half In The PL  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Best Centre Half In The PL

• Jamie Carragher
    • Sami Hyypia
    • Daniel Agger
    • Nemanja Vidic
    • Rio Ferdinand
    • John Terry
    • Ricardo Carvalho
    • William Gallas
    • Kolo Toure
    • Joleon Lescott
    • Ledley King
    • Someone else (please name)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rio Ferdinand. Pains me to say it, but it is true. Occasionally he lacks concentration, but that is usually because there's nothing on it. I might get slated for this, but I'll say so anyway: Ferdinand handled Torres really well last week. He was fast, strong, aggressive, good on the ball, composed when he needed to be etc. On that sort of form he is the best defender.

Rio Ferdinand. Pains me to say it, but it is true. Occasionally he lacks concentration, but that is usually because there's nothing on it. I might get slated for this, but I'll say so anyway: Ferdinand handled Torres really well last week. He was fast, strong, aggressive, good on the ball, composed when he needed to be etc. On that sort of form he is the best defender.

Its easy to defend against a player who isnt getting the ball though.

For me Gallas gets the vote for me i although i cant stand the cunt i would have loved to see us sign him when he left Chelsea but his mind was already made up on that score.

Rio Ferdinand.

Surely to christ you're joking?

Easily the most over-rated defender- in fact, player- in the division.

His concentration levels are poor, and his decision making borders on the comical. He always tries to show everybody that he can play a bit- which, okay, he can- but a centre back needs to defend first and foremost. Bollocks to anything fancy on the ball- hence my decision to choose Carragher; a solid, dependable centre back who's first priority- as it should be- is always about getting the ball away from the danger area.

Still, all about opinions I guess.

Surely to christ you're joking?

Easily the most over-rated defender- in fact, player- in the division.

His concentration levels are poor, and his decision making borders on the comical. He always tries to show everybody that he can play a bit- which, okay, he can- but a centre back needs to defend first and foremost. Bollocks to anything fancy on the ball- hence my decision to choose Carragher; a solid, dependable centre back who's first priority- as it should be- is always about getting the ball away from the danger area.

Still, all about opinions I guess.

The only player that has been able to cope with Torres, sometimes people's hatred of players blinds them to the facts.

I voted for Toure easily the best CB in the premiership

Micah Richards and the way i came about that is if i could sign any of them who would it be and why he came out above the rest

Power Pace and Youth

Injury free i think he will go down as better than the names above when we look back

if we are going back over the prem years then Sami rips them all a new one

Micah Richards and the way i came about that is if i could sign any of them who would it be and why he came out above the rest

Power Pace and Youth

Injury free i think he will go down as better than the names above when we look back

if we are going back over the prem years then Sami rips them all a new one

Richards is a cock of the highest order. I wanted him but I cant be arsed he's got Chelsea written all over him.

The only player that has been able to cope with Torres, sometimes people's hatred of players blinds them to the facts.

I voted for Toure easily the best CB in the premiership

Firstly, I never mentioned that I hate Ferdinand; so you can't make that assumption.

I absolutely despise Ronaldo- but he is probably the best player in the division at the moment. Hatred has nothing to do with it. I just find Ferdinand over rated that's all. Yes, he had a very good game against us, but christ even totally shite players pull out a great game every now and then.

And as I said- its all about opnions.

Firstly, I never mentioned that I hate Ferdinand; so you can't make that assumption.

I absolutely despise Ronaldo- but he is probably the best player in the division at the moment. Hatred has nothing to do with it. I just find Ferdinand over rated that's all. Yes, he had a very good game against us, but christ even totally shite players pull out a great game every now and then.

And as I said- its all about opnions.

I generally find the better the opposition, the better Ferdinand plays. He does lack concentration on occasions, but is a great defender. His distrubution and ability to bring the ball out from the back seems to have got worse from his early playing days though.

Rio Ferdinand is the ultiamte triumph of self marketing and style over substance. I cant believe how many people fall for it.

Poor concentration, easily rattled when his team are under the hammer. He's good but not great, and as for being the best, absolutely no way.

If you want a defender, pure and simple, someone who does exactly what it says on the tin, then look no further than our No.23

Rio Ferdinand is the ultiamte triumph of self marketing and style over substance. I cant believe how many people fall for it.

Poor concentration, easily rattled when his team are under the hammer. He's good but not great, and as for being the best, absolutely no way.

If you want a defender, pure and simple, someone who does exactly what it says on the tin, then look no further than our No.23

He didn't look too bad when he came to Anfield the other week.