You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO DAVE U

johnb

Greetings folks. Just back from my travels. Good to see my yard has been quiet, although the Footie Forum has been busy. Saw Reds in an Irish alehouse on Wednesday – bit to do yet on that showing, but those Spaniards are whinging bastards.

Anyway, I got to Brussels as well as other places and on Thursday night (UEFA Cup night), I’m in the same alehouse, ordering a Stella. Some team from Denmark was playing Anderlecht and a load of there boys were there. Anyway, this lad beside me at the bar with longish blond hair and a goatee asks me was I a Paddy. I confirmed his suspicions (don’t ask me how he knew – maybe it was the smell). He asked me did I know Alan Moore or Curtis Fleming.

I said “No, but aren’t you Mickael Beck and didn’t you score against Liverpool once?” He then decided to hug me and road “Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” loudly into my ear. Never liked him that much as a player, but he seemed a good lad. He’s now with Lille in the north of France, although if he turned up to training in his leathered state on Friday morning, I’d say he’s been sacked. Reminded me of the “I was too drunk to walk home so I drove” line.

Anyway we headed to another Irish alehouse and ended up in a disco. Some top quality birds in Brussels (and don’t even get me stared on the fat ones). I’m thinking “Let’s do a Spanish Smithy” and picking out which bird I’ll have when suddenly I get tipped on the back.

I’m thinking in that brief half second it takes to turn around of what I’ll do with this bird that’s tipping me on the back, when suddenly I’m face to tit with a 6 foot 5 inch cunt with a skinhead, muscles coming out of his ears, tight blue jeans, a black vest, several earrings and a look that says “If you don’t get your arse outta my way before I count to trois, I’ll make a night with Dale Winton seem painless.” Needless to say, I shat myself, drank up and fucked off back to my hotel, safe in the knowledge he couldn’t get me.

Got the fanzine too Dave – cheers. So I’m off to read that now and watch Popstars, Smackdown and MOTD.