You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which country would you least like to see win the World Cup?

Vincent Vega

Which country would you least like to see win the World Cup?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which country would you least like to see win the World Cup?

A poll inspired by some of the venom directed towards the French on another thread. Which country would cause you to kick the cat if they were to win the World Cup?

For me, it is Italy. A nation of corrupt cheats, with a ridiculously high opinion of themselves. The sooner they are heading home, the better.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone for Brazil and it was a very close call between them and Italy (they can thank Gattusso and Zambrotta as they are particular favorites of mine).

I hate all the hyperbole about them and want their shabby individualistic approach to be shown up.

Gotta be England. With the other teams I don’t like, out of sight would be out of mind as far as the aftermath is concerned. England winning would be a total nightmare.

Are you English? If not, then those voting England should state where they're from. I expect all the Welsh, Scots and Irish on here to vote against England. If anyone English is voting England, then they should also say why (Tom R need not bother, as we are all aware of his view point :D)

Are you English? If not, then those voting England should state where they're from. I expect all the Welsh, Scots and Irish on here to vote against England. If anyone English is voting England, then they should also say why (Tom R need not bother, as we are all aware of his view point :D)

Yes I'm English. I've already mentioned why I voted the way I did.

im from northern ireland and i dont want to see england winning it because to have it talked about for another 40+ years would be sickening.

What else are we talk about? The inability of certain countrys to qualify?

I've gone for Brazil because I couldn't bear the media shite that goes with them winning.

There are two... German and Sweden. Don`t like neither. My dislike of Germany have softened through the years ( of Babbel and Hamann), but whenever i see Ballack i want to kick the television, and tha fact that he has signed for Chelsea has brought the familiar dislike back! :)

Sweden... Well i`m norwegian, we either hate them or love them. Needless to say in which camp i belong.

no but that will surely fade out soon :whistle: .just dont want england to win it at all, thats just me saying what i feel

so you're saying that if northern ireland, wales or scotland won it you'd get pissed up for a night and that's it then, no more mention of winning the cup? sorry, but you're wrong, since we qualified, if i had a quid for every time some irish, scottish or welsh person crowed about northern ireland beating england....

also IF you, or the welsh or jocks won it, don't you think the media would go on about it for the next 40 years? cos it's only the media that go on about it, not most ordinary fans, and it only gets mentioned when the quallies start. so there :tease:

personally i want england to win it. (for the second time in my life btw)

so you're saying that if northern ireland, wales or scotland won it you'd get pissed up for a night and that's it then, no more mention of winning the cup? sorry, but you're wrong, since we qualified, if i had a quid for every time some irish, scottish or welsh person crowed about northern ireland beating england....

also IF you, or the welsh or jocks won it, don't you think the media would go on about it for the next 40 years? cos it's only the media that go on about it, not most ordinary fans, and it only gets mentioned when the quallies start. so there :tease:

personally i want england to win it. (for the second time in my life btw)

there was no mention of northern ireland beating england :whistle:

England (And yes, I'm 'English')

I'm pretty indifferent to the national team, but what I would hate is the reaction from the whole country. The rugby world cup and ashes were bad enough, so imagine if England won the real world cup. It'd be horrendous. The whole country still bangs on about 66, although winning it this year would at least stop all the Geoff Hurst crap.

I honestly don't think I could bare seeing the country go into a state of wankdom if shit-for-brains-Becks went up to the lift the world cup.

I also agree with Monty about Brazil. The hype about them always pisses me off. And what's even worse is every time you see a clip of them you could awful samba music with it! If Brazil scored a route 1 goal it gets labelled the best goal ever, anyone else does it and not a peep. Brazil are very overrated, they have some class players but they get way too much hype.

If they won it with Crouch scoring the winner, I don't see how any English Red on the planet couldn't enjoy it.

That'd be a nightmatre! Crouch has already been stolen from us! I just want him and the others back injury free, but having put in a respectable performance. If Crouchamania runs wild in Germany the fickle bastards will never let us have him back.

Having Michael Owen play for us was never the same after his Argentina goal.

I'm Irish, so obviously England. Or not so obviously...

English sporting hype is enough to turn anyone's stomach. I've always supported the English cricket team, for example, but the aftermath of the Ashes almost made me defect. Fortunately I was in a part of the world where rugby is on a par with rounders for that World Cup win. But no way could I handle the smugness and jingoism of the English media if England were to win. Not to mention Beckham, Lampard, Neville, Joe Cole, Terry, Rooney...

I really should've voted "other" and naming Sweden here. I completly forgot about them as they weren't named in the poll. Don't like Germany either, never have, so I guess I get 2 votes this way. I'm happy again.

When it comes to England, I really want them to win. I would love to see Gerrard, Crouch, Carra and Carson happy (and all of you on here wanting them to win).

England (And yes, I'm 'English')

I'm pretty indifferent to the national team, but what I would hate is the reaction from the whole country. The rugby world cup and ashes were bad enough, so imagine if England won the real world cup. It'd be horrendous. The whole country still bangs on about 66, although winning it this year would at least stop all the Geoff Hurst crap.

I honestly don't think I could bare seeing the country go into a state of wankdom if shit-for-brains-Becks went up to the lift the world cup.

I also agree with Monty about Brazil. The hype about them always pisses me off. And what's even worse is every time you see a clip of them you could awful samba music with it! If Brazil scored a route 1 goal it gets labelled the best goal ever, anyone else does it and not a peep. Brazil are very overrated, they have some class players but they get way too much hype.

Jesus Christ! So you don't like to see ANY English sporting success?? It's no wonder that the country is well and truly fucked. There is every chance that there are people running the country with the same attitude as yours and it truly fucking horrifies me.

Are you pissed off about us winning two world wars as well 'cos, lets face it, the whole WORLD hasn't stopped talking about them.

Fuckin' hell...