You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The big Question?

redjohn8

Who does Rafa play up front tomorrow? :idea:

I'm hoping that Robbie's signing will be a big kick up the arse for Cisse and Morientes. So with this in mind I would play him up front with Crouchie, prove to them that they are not automatic choices for big games, and go for the throat from the start.

I've got a feeling it will be Crouchie's day and by the time Robbie tires we'll be 2-0 up!

Any other dreamers out there?

first of all i dont think Crouch is an automatic starter at the moment, he`s been playing pretty crap the last few eeks, and even getting a wee bit greedy, which im sure isnt boding too well with Rafa

hmmm, we know Nando has a pyshcological edge on Terry from the Monaco days, so maybe him and Cisse from the start, but Robbie should defo get at least 20 mins

I don't believe Rafa feels Robbie is 100% yet. Not expecting to see him start.

Given that Crouch was taken off and presumably rested in midweek I reckon we'll get Crouch & Cisse.

I'm tipping Xabi for a goal (in the right end). He was fired up waiting to get on on Wednesday and mightily unhappy at the og. Think he'll want to put that right.

I don't believe Rafa feels Robbie is 100% yet. Not expecting to see him start.Given that Crouch was taken off and presumably rested in midweek I reckon we'll get Crouch & Cisse.

I'm tipping Xabi for a goal (in the right end). He was fired up waiting to get on on Wednesday and mightily unhappy at the og. Think he'll want to put that right.

Agreed. I'd just like to send a strong message out to the other two to buck their ideas up. Also, it'd be so fucking sweet to see Robbie causing mayhem in their back line.

Crouch will start on his own like always against Chavski.

Reina

Finn

Carra

Sami

JAR

Luis

Stevie

Xabi

Momo

Kewell

Crouchie

I'm with that provided the midfield get up quicky. How fit is Didi?

In the second half i'd take off Luis, and go 4-4-2 with Robbie. Keep em quiet first half, then go for it second when they try to up it.

I know Robbie isn't fully fit but I would love him to start tomorrow. At this moment Cisse is not worth a starting place in the team. Crouch and Fowler would give us the chance to play like we've wanted all season. Crouch holding up the ball and bringing others into play. And Fowler making the instinctive runs that will drag the Chelsea backline across the pitch which will give Gerrard and Kewell more space to support the strikers. Saying all that, I have a sneaky feeling that Nando will start with Crouch.

Agreed. I'd just like to send a strong message out to the other two to buck their ideas up. Also, it'd be so fucking sweet to see Robbie causing mayhem in their back line.

If you listen to Rafa he is saying he may only get a month of a 100% fit Robbie. I think that shows both how far Robbie has to come but also the expectations Rafa places upon the fitness of his players.

If Rafa deems Robbie unable to last 90 mins he will not start him. You just don't start people in a match like this if the can't last the entire game, you bring them on as a sub.

If he decides to go with just one striker, I don't think it will be Cissé. If he goes 4-4-2 I think Rafa will start Cissé and Crouch.

With Chelski having that foul little shite Essien injured and Geremi away doing his thing in the African Nations cup I feel we can really boss the midfield tomorrow, and hold quite a high line (assuming that Makelele will be playing in the Didi role??).

Could be a great game for Momo to "arrive", if he can grab the likes of Cole by the testes. (and occasionally find someone in a red shirt with a pass...).

Bearing that in mind I would go for a fairly attacking 4-4-2 in the first half:

Pepe

Finnan

Carra

Sami

Riise

Gerrard

Alonso

Momo

Kewell

Crouchy

Cisse

If we get the game by the bollocks we would then be able to sub Momo (assuming he hasn't been sent off for GBH) for God, move Stevie to the middle, Djibril to RW, and put 3 past 'em... although I would also like to see Garcia score a blatant 30-yeard screamer just to shut the fecker up about "the goal that never was"..

But then I could be spouting cobblers...

Rafa always play 4-5-1 against schelski. I can’t see a reason to change that tomorrow.

We might start with Traore, but I am not sure about him. He was 1 choice in every schelski game before but his lack of first team play is against him. JAR and Kewell did fine against Pennant and that may have convinced Rafa to go along with JAR on LB. This is also the only way to let JAR play if Rafa wants him.

Hamann has also played many of these games. But I think Sissoko, Alonso and Gerrard is perfect the balance they make. The speed and work rate that Sissoko have make it easier for Gerrard to go forward.

We have never scored more than 1 goal against them( year 0 started when russkie walked in with his blood money) during 90 minutes and I predict 1-1 as the result.