You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

oh dear dear,...

Guest saturday shopper

Crouch also scored more thasn Rooney.

Baros is a proven international and 2 years younger than Crouch. He has also been an International tournament top scorer. Crouch has had one decent half season in the top flight, a bit like Heskey.

I wouldn't swap Baros for Crouch. My opinion obviously, and you seem like you would, fair play.

Crouch is 9 months older than Baros not 2 years.

Crouch's first team league stats are:

starts -(Subs) - goals - goals per game

127----(31)-----50-----0.31

Baros's are:

121----(21)-----42-----0.29

In the Premiership alone both players' stats are:

Crouch:

38-----(26)-----18-----0.28

Baros:

45-----(21)-----19-----0.28

When you consider all that Crouch brings to the team besides goals, compared to what Baros brings, your argument doesn't hold much weight.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As will be our football this season. For LFC read El Dons. We will be the new Wimbledon. :sick:

C'mon mate I seriously dont think Rafa will allow us to play long ball all the time. At least we have a plan B insted of bein fucked and having only Plan A. I honestly belive Crouchinho will help beat the smaller sides away form home. Even Carra has rated him as a good player.

Cmon have a smile on ya face for the lad, he has been proffesional about the whole thing he knows he aint first choice striker but he is another option for us. He is good on the floor for a big man.

Will you still being the same thing if he is top scorer at the end of the season?

We`suffered in two areas particularly badly last season mate, one was right midfield and the other was a regular goalscorer like an Owen. Our answer is Crouch!!

We will sell Baros our top scorer who wasn't very good in the 2nd half of the season and buy Crouch who has had one half decent season in the top flight. It doesn't add up for me. Crouch is a joke signing at 7M (IMO), the same catergory as Big John Hartson, Duncan Ferguson, Emile Heskey and the like.

Why don't you wait and see how things pan out.???..given your logic we would not have signed Toshack ( what the fuck would we want with a player from Cardiff FFS!!! There were even people (myself included) who thought the King could never replace Keegan....time will tell

I can't see Cisse leaving, we have Morientes and Baros - All I felt we needed is someone like Michael Owen to be that poacher. Without going into calling eachother names like 'prick' and acting all hard on the net I just feel a little concerned that Baros has not been given more of a chance. Last season was the first time ever that the lad was given a chance at Liverpool and he did well and carried the striker burden alone due to injuries. Now it appears he will leave and Crouch has arrived.

You might be right we may get another striker but how many can we have? I'd rather have given Pongolle and Mellor and run rather than buy Crouch and put that money towards a world class winger and centre back.

I've been on most Liverpool forums for the last couple years, don't post much - like to keep up with what is happening. At first I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt - seemed like people were picking on you. However it soon became clear that you are indeed the worst sort of "prick".

You're a joke (mate) & you have no idea what you're talking about. The LFC and the game of football that you spout on about only exists in your tiny, bereft little mind. Just do everyone who supports Liverpool a favour, and shut the fuck up.

'kinell. been away for a bit then I come back & look at all this. give the lad a chance kids, and hermes - give it a rest old fella. and rashid, I'm really starting to see peoples' point about you, please sort yourself out. I agree with UTM for what it's worth.