You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Another fucked up night's sleep - 2am kick off for me. 

Same old same old. Every time we reach the final third, we either give it away or move backwards and pass side to side along the centre line giving the opposition time to reorganise. 

Maybe Jurgen should have retired as soon as he made his decision and given Lijnders time to show his credentials. Too late now, we've got 4 matches left.

Regardless of who stays and who goes, VVD  needs replacing as captain.

None of the squad is a high value target except maybe Alison.  Salah has been dropping a zero off his value every month, Nunez has, if anything regressed. Gravenberch, Szobolai, Konate aren't even squad players and Trent has disappeared up his own arsehole. Whether we cash in on Ali to fund new buys and promote Kelleher is a decision for our management team.

Fortunately, I'll be in the air between Saigon and Sydney for our last 8pm kick off and won't have to make a decision to ignore the team I've followed since I was a toddler.

• Like 1

Yeah none of this diminishes what Klopp has done for us its just a grim ending. 

Honestly I dont want a Klopp light if Slot has been brought in because this football style is very similar to Klopps I'm not interested, these players are run into the ground by the amount of fixtures alone, high intensity high line just feels like its a recipe for disaster in the long term unless you are at absolute peak.

Biggest annoyance we just don't learn our lessons ever either in games or long term. A team plays a specific way that can really hurt us we won't adjust we just let them hurt us and continue to hurt us until the inevitable goal comes. I'm tired of absolutely massive spaces at the back so if we misplace a pass its a panicked race to our box and I'm tired of an overly congested final third where we have pushed about 20 players into one small area and then have no idea where to play it so we knock it all the way back to Dijk.

It's just felt like a slow death to a great side alongside a long goodbye. The conceding first early so many damn times and having to score so many last minute goals was never a good sign regardless of people being happy at our mental strength. That's some taxing shit. The seasons done, the pressure is off let's just hope to see Klopp relaxed about it philosophical and hope he can enjoy the remainder of his time here, it might end with a whimper but it shouldn't without a smiling Klopp.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

Haha my name was picked when I joined the site just after Istanbul.

It's a long way to get over from Netherley so just give me a bit of notice for your first event.

Ha ha, you got off light, my name was Sheshot?! 

I had a lot of friends in Netherley, is the Turtle still open? Used to remind me of the bar in Star wars. When they called the initials of the spot the ball winner about 10 people would try and claim it.

Private jet for you when we do the first event.

6 hours ago, an tha said:

We really need some fit and healthy footballers who play week in week out.

The constant chopping and changing in our line ups is no good for us - just as understandings get formed things are broken up, we get a partnership working and it is split....It happens far too much and it hurts our rhythm and fluidity.

We rarely put out the same side in back to back games - and often it is wholesale changes. It was 6 changes again tonight including a totally different midfield after 5 or 6 at weekend too. Wasn't all down to injuries tonight mind, but you don't see Arsenal changing their entire midfield from the weekend - because they have solid, reliable players who are playing well in a settled side. And key men like Rice and Odegaard are reliable - Rice plays every week, as does Odegaard and they've played pretty much every week in previous seasons too.

Yeah the mancs are a mess but their best player, who dragged them to a win tonight - Fernandes plays week in week out, he is never missing, never injured, never on the sick list, he is just a constant, rock solid and reliable and robust and it helps them massively....they'd be bottom half without him being like he is.

We need more reliable, robust (quality of course) players - so we can have a more settled side and better continuity etc.

Some good points there about rotation which lets face it was unheard of here until Rafa. This has got to be coming from the medical team. You cant make that many changes game to game and expect fluency.

Everytime Macallister gets tackled it looks like a career ending injury, must be a low pain threshold.

Never felt so let down by a team with title aspirations.

I never understand how in recent games we can spend so long probing and passing around the opposition box but not create a dangerous chance- they clear it and all of a sudden the shots are raining in on our goal

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah none of this diminishes what Klopp has done for us its just a grim ending. 

Honestly I dont want a Klopp light if Slot has been brought in because this football style is very similar to Klopps I'm not interested, these players are run into the ground by the amount of fixtures alone, high intensity high line just feels like its a recipe for disaster in the long term unless you are at absolute peak.

Biggest annoyance we just don't learn our lessons ever either in games or long term. A team plays a specific way that can really hurt us we won't adjust we just let them hurt us and continue to hurt us until the inevitable goal comes. I'm tired of absolutely massive spaces at the back so if we misplace a pass its a panicked race to our box and I'm tired of an overly congested final third where we have pushed about 20 players into one small area and then have no idea where to play it so we knock it all the way back to Dijk.

It's just felt like a slow death to a great side alongside a long goodbye. The conceding first early so many damn times and having to score so many last minute goals was never a good sign regardless of people being happy at our mental strength. That's some taxing shit. The seasons done, the pressure is off let's just hope to see Klopp relaxed about it philosophical and hope he can enjoy the remainder of his time here, it might end with a whimper but it shouldn't without a smiling Klopp.

Yeah I don't particularly want a continuation of this style. It's brilliant when everyone is on form and at full pelt, but exhausting for everyone when it doesn't come off.

To win a title you need a good few ugly, half arsed 1-0 wins.

We don't have the personnel for that, either to keep a clean sheet or to snatch that ONE chance of the match.

I'd like to go two up front with two good penalty box strikers with a passing midfield anchored by a real, quality battler. Old school.

We’ve got the personnel to do anything.  It’s the reason we are so close to the top of the league.  We’ve won all these games this season from individual quality.  The tactics have been deplorable week in week out for the whole year.

I’ve just watched Klopps post match interview and it’s just complete delusion.  He’s just going on about how many chances we’ve created in the last so many games.  I just don’t understand what he’s watching.  The last half an hour of the game summed up the season.  We never look like scoring because we don’t create chances from the system he plays.  It’s absolutely fucking garbage.  The reason we are here is that game after game he’s just refused to address it and hoped the players quality would get us through but Trent reappearing kyboshed that in this one with his shithouse defending and walking football.  Everyone is slagging off the players but they all ran around and did the same shit Klopps asked all season.

• Upvote 1

Disappointed that the season looks to have petered out but the players have hit the wall. Apart from Trent who looks like he's hit the bar even with his prolonged break. From where we were last season to challenging for the title into the 34th week is nothing short of miraculous. We just didn't have the luck or the last bit of fight to last out until the final game. It happens.

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’m looking forward to the knock-out stages of the Euros and the Olympics.

I will enjoy the rest. After Wolves I won't watch a single game, I just don't care.

4 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Another fucked up night's sleep - 2am kick off for me. 

Same old same old. Every time we reach the final third, we either give it away or move backwards and pass side to side along the centre line giving the opposition time to reorganise. 

Maybe Jurgen should have retired as soon as he made his decision and given Lijnders time to show his credentials. Too late now, we've got 4 matches left.

Regardless of who stays and who goes, VVD  needs replacing as captain.

None of the squad is a high value target except maybe Alison.  Salah has been dropping a zero off his value every month, Nunez has, if anything regressed. Gravenberch, Szobolai, Konate aren't even squad players and Trent has disappeared up his own arsehole. Whether we cash in on Ali to fund new buys and promote Kelleher is a decision for our management team.

Fortunately, I'll be in the air between Saigon and Sydney for our last 8pm kick off and won't have to make a decision to ignore the team I've followed since I was a toddler.

I have been in the same time zone as you for the last 2 years after previously being an hour behind. I can’t watch them live in the middle of the night anymore as it takes me about two hours to get over it and sleep. They’re just not worth it any more.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Klopp pushed hard for the extra subs and was very vocal about it - of course he is going to use them

Yes of course but I was referring to the constant changes to the starting line up which , even with injuries, is very high in numbers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Ha ha, you got off light, my name was Sheshot?! 

I had a lot of friends in Netherley, is the Turtle still open? Used to remind me of the bar in Star wars. When they called the initials of the spot the ball winner about 10 people would try and claim it.

Private jet for you when we do the first event.

Did they give away chunks of raw meat to the winner? I was always grimly fascinated by pubs that gave away some meat as a prize. 

27 minutes ago, The Guest said:

We’ve got the personnel to do anything.  It’s the reason we are so close to the top of the league.  We’ve won all these games this season from individual quality.  The tactics have been deplorable week in week out for the whole year.

I’ve just watched Klopps post match interview and it’s just complete delusion.  He’s just going on about how many chances we’ve created in the last so many games.  I just don’t understand what he’s watching.  The last half an hour of the game summed up the season.  We never look like scoring because we don’t create chances from the system he plays.  It’s absolutely fucking garbage.  The reason we are here is that game after game he’s just refused to address it and hoped the players quality would get us through but Trent reappearing kyboshed that in this one with his shithouse defending and walking football.  Everyone is slagging off the players but they all ran around and did the same shit Klopps asked all season.

We were creating chances at will at the end of the 1st and start of the second. We just look clueless and weak up top. I’m not saying it’s good enough or it’s all the front players fault, but chances and openings were there.

12 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Did they give away chunks of raw meat to the winner? I was always grimly fascinated by pubs that gave away some meat as a prize. 

There’s a brilliant story out there about a raffle in the Eagle ,in page moss, involving a leg of lamb.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Cash prize mate, but yea you wonder where the meat came from. Never upset the staff. The Turtle was a pub with no windows. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

We were creating chances at will at the end of the 1st and start of the second. We just look clueless and weak up top. I’m not saying it’s good enough or it’s all the front players fault, but chances and openings were there.

I never thought it would be our forwards who came up short considering the numbers and talent.

I still don’t think this squad is that far off. The biggest thing we’ve been hurt by is Salah falling off a cliff. Nunez is shit, apart from the one time in a hundred that he actually gets a decent shot off, but he’s always been shit.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Have we though? We might just about be alright at CB even though Van Dijk and Konate have left a lot to be desired recently. Quansah great potential . The full backs are questionable, can Robertson get back anywhere near his best? And Trent absolutely won't. Bradley has great potential. The rest, squad players

Midfield, our Achilles heel for years, only Mac Allister has shown to be good enough. Szoboslai unproven. The rest, squad players.

Up front only Diaz has warranted his starting place this season. Nunez is Nunez, Jota is always injured, and Mo hasn't been near his best for two years.

There's question marks all over the pitch.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

Have we though? We might just about be alright at CB even though Van Dijk and Konate have left a lot to be desired recently. Quansah great potential . The full backs are questionable, can Robertson get back anywhere near his best? And Trent absolutely won't. Bradley has great potential. The rest, squad players

Midfield, our Achilles heel for years, only Mac Allister has shown to be good enough. Szoboslai unproven. The rest, squad players.

Up front only Diaz has warranted his starting place this season. Nunez is Nunez, Jota is always injured, and Mo hasn't been near his best for two years.

There's question marks all over the pitch.

It looks worse than it is because everyone who's come back from injury seems to be half fit, those that weren't injured were played into the ground and there's a general malaise around the team that includes the coaching staff.

The striker/Defence issue seems a bit chicken and egg, are the defenders under pressure because they know the strikers aren't scoring, are the strikers under pressure because they know the defenders can't keep a clean sheet (given the number of chances we're missing I'd lean towards it influencing the defenders more).

It's got the feeling of seeing out your last week of work before a well deserved holiday or new job and you're just going through the motions.