You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

Just now, John102 said:

I find it bizarre that we are second in the league, joint on points with the leaders, a point ahead of Man City and people are conceding the league.

Really? Disappointed to drop points obviously but I still have us winning the league.

Where do you forsee arsenal dropping points?

Just now, an tha said:

Yes they are shite.

Yes we should have beat them.

But that is not a disaster - 19 points from last 7 games win us this league IMO.

OK, I take it we're suddenly going to remember how to put the ball in the net and win a few games 7-0. That will be fun.

Where are Arsenal dropping points?

We’ve let ourselves down there. In a big big way. We are far better than them as they are total shit. Every facet of our game is better and yet we haven’t beaten them this season.

Forwards need a long hard look in the mirror. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, John102 said:

I find it bizarre that we are second in the league, joint on points with the leaders, a point ahead of Man City and people are conceding the league.

Really? Disappointed to drop points obviously but I still have us winning the league.

Because of games like today.

I say it over and over. We are our OWN WORST ENEMY. And we were again today.

Normally I’d feel pragmatic about a result like this, but that was on Quansah. United offering nothing. Had settled then game down. Leading. And he does that. I’m absolutely livid at him. Gifted them a goal and some momentum. Not. Fucking. Happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, John102 said:

Every game is touch and go. I think our league position flatters us, we aren't good enough to be champions.

Just now, Freddo said:

We’ve let ourselves down there. In a big big way. We are far better than them as they are total shit. Every facet of our game is better and yet we haven’t beaten them this season.

Forwards need a long hard look in the mirror. 

They'd look in the opposite direction to the mirror.

Never thought we were winning there today. Game could have gone on for another three hours and we wouldn’t have scored a winner.

Leaves zero margin for error now.

Same as in 2022, and notwithstanding the penalty, Salah has been League One standard since his return from the ACN. Elliott should be starting ahead of him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Right bunch of fannies on here

• Upvote 4

That last run before the foul perfectly sums Diaz up for me. Does brilliant to keep it in, beats 2-3 players and then knocks it too far turning back the way he came, but then somehow catches up to it to get fouled. For whatever reason shooting or passing are five or six steps behind “take another touch” in his brain. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not the same whatsoever. They pressed us in the cup game early and scored a deserved goal. In this match, they haven't had a sniff.

Read between the lines expert. I’m talking about the chances missed. 

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

City will win the rest of their games too, but it won’t be enough. Arsenal have dropped points in one game since December and have mostly dross to play.

Haven't Arsenal got Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, United to play? They have the worst fixtures of the three of us.

180 mins and not one goal against that shower of shit in open play. We don't deserve to win it. 

Wasted chances vs Arsenal at home, both games vs the Mancs. Diaz having a one man show of glaring misses vs City. Etc etc

It was there for the taking but this team isn't good enough. Its not ruthless enough

Too much braindead shit at both ends of the pitch, just like in the cup tie. Being incredibly wasteful in attack, and unbelievably sloppy in defence, are not good attributes to carry when up against one the THE spawniest of United teams.

Incidentally, our first XI each represent a different nationality.