You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

On 03/02/2024 at 18:41, TheBitch said:

I think we should hire on looks alone. 

Xabi is as beautiful now as he was in his playing days here. Absolute sex. 

We need to subject any candidates to the lederhosen test: if they can manage to look good in them, they get the job.

Screenshot_2024-02-06-16-56-51-91_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 05/02/2024 at 00:41, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's between Xabi and Amorim for me. I know nothing about either manager, how they play.. anything so hopefully FSG put in more work than I do and come to the same conclusion because frankly if its someone else especially Thomas Frank or De Zerbi ( who I've done a 180 on ) then I won't rest until they are hounded out of the club.

Unless some new name appears that's hyped up as a sure fire winner who everybody is excited about.

I think Thomas Frank and Roberto De Zerbi should be judged on a game by game basis.

That is, if their current team wins this week, they are both in contention.  But if their team has a bad result, the job is too big for them.  

And so on and so forth until Alonso is appointed.

• Upvote 5

Just now, razor said:

I think Thomas Frank and Roberto De Zerbi should be judged on a game by game basis.

That is, if their current team wins this week, they are both in contention.  But if their team has a bad result, the job is too big for them.  

And so on and so forth until Alonso is appointed.

De Zerbi may have been the worst manager in the history of the game last week.

Big big game for Xabi this week at home to Bayern.

Injuries might well fuck any chance he had of a proper run at the title with Palacios still out and maybe not back for Bayern and Boniface out long term. Currently 1 down to Stuttgart in the German cup tonight

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Good 3-2 win for Leverkusen against Stuttgart in the cup. 

Last minute winner and passionate celebrations from Xabi: he wants the job. 

Good sub aswell

Adil on 64 mins 2-1 down

66 mins 2-2 Adli the scorer

If he does come I don't trust Xabi to stick around for long and it's been 15 years since he lived here so we may be overblowing his affinity for the club. 

We know he likes us less than paying tax. 

He isn't going to out-think Guardiola and win us the title.  The trick is to make your players apply more effort and die for the badge, then we can put a finger on the scales in our favour. When Klopp goes we won't miss his tactics, we'll miss the massive presence he has. That's what we need to replace. 

27 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If he does come I don't trust Xabi to stick around for long and it's been 15 years since he lived here so we may be overblowing his affinity for the club. 

We know he likes us less than paying tax. 

He isn't going to out-think Guardiola and win us the title.  The trick is to make your players apply more effort and die for the badge, then we can put a finger on the scales in our favour. When Klopp goes we won't miss his tactics, we'll miss the massive presence he has. That's what we need to replace. 

Who do you think has the massive presence? 

Doesn’t seem to be so many viable candidates. Alonso is the only one based upon that short time in Germany - as others have mentioned, he’ll be off to RM as soon as any success gets them batting their eye-lids. BBC reporting today that he’s been approached. 

Ruben Amorim at Lisbon has been mentioned as being very similar to Klopp in his outlook and approach. 

Anything we do will be a gamble - having some continuity, of style if not personnel, would be ideal. 

Quick look on Oddschecker it's currently:

Xabi - 8/11

De Zerbi - 6/1

Ljinders - 8/1

Amorim 8/1

Nagelsmann - 10/1

Zidane - 14/1

Good Ebening - 14/1

Sanchez - 20/1

Postecoglou - 20/1

Tuchel - 20/1

Simeone - 20/1

Schmidt - 22/1

Mourinho - 20/1

Conte - 20/1

Potter - 28/1

Then....

Rafa - 40/1

Carrick, Van Nistelrooy, Arteta, Vieira, Milner - 50/1

O'Neil, Bielsa, Southgate - 66/1

Biscan, Carragher - 175/1

Fowler, Phil Tommo - 250/1 

Gazza - 1000/1 (I might have made that one up) 

It's like splitting up with Jessica Alba then going into Walton Asda looking for a new missus and the only one you would consider is an old flame who recently got engaged and works behind the hot meat counter. 

• Upvote 2

There’s been a lot of stuff in the media about how all this will be ‘data led’.

Alonso’s record is small but immaculate, but is he the new Klopp or the new Villas Boas? An acid test for him will be how he fares after a few bad results.

FSG won’t make an emotional decision on it. 

Also, is his odds-on status a reflection of a huge fanbase wish-betting?

Amorim might have more of a chance than the others.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Quick look on Oddschecker it's currently:

Xabi - 8/11

De Zerbi - 6/1

Ljinders - 8/1

Amorim 8/1

Nagelsmann - 10/1

Zidane - 14/1

Good Ebening - 14/1

Sanchez - 20/1

Postecoglou - 20/1

Tuchel - 20/1

Simeone - 20/1

Schmidt - 22/1

Mourinho - 20/1

Conte - 20/1

Potter - 28/1

Then....

Rafa - 40/1

Carrick, Van Nistelrooy, Arteta, Vieira, Milner - 50/1

O'Neil, Bielsa, Southgate - 66/1

Biscan, Carragher - 175/1

Fowler, Phil Tommo - 250/1 

Gazza - 1000/1 (I might have made that one up) 

It's like splitting up with Jessica Alba then going into Walton Asda looking for a new missus and the only one you would consider is an old flame who recently got engaged and works behind the hot meat counter. 

Mourinho 20/1. I'd rather have Gazza

• Haha 1

Went down a bit of a Youtube rabbit hole before of Klopp press conferences, I don't usually watch them but I didn't realise how touchy he'd become in recent years, lots of innocuous comments/questions drawing some pretty arsey responses.  

2 hours ago, Code said:

I'm surprised Deschamps is not on the list, I thought his contract was up after this years Euros, maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm surprised that a guy who hasn't been at a club in a dozen years and has a winning percentage of about 50% for club is being suggested as the manager for Liverpool.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

There’s been a lot of stuff in the media about how all this will be ‘data led’.

Alonso’s record is small but immaculate, but is he the new Klopp or the new Villas Boas? An acid test for him will be how he fares after a few bad results.

FSG won’t make an emotional decision on it. 

Also, is his odds-on status a reflection of a huge fanbase wish-betting?

Amorim might have more of a chance than the others.

What leads the data. How cheap can the manager win a point.