You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4, Yay or Nay?

niallers

It was always extremely unlikely. We’d left it much too late. It’s grand though. One season out and we’ll be back. Arsenal will revert to shite, and even just a repeat of the 2nd half of this season will see us back in 2nd.  

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I suppose technically it is still possible.

Would require the mancs to lose both their remaining games and us to win our last game.

An extremely long shot.

If either lose their midweek game its all to play for on a nervy last day.  And last days of the season are usually mental, they often defy logic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If either lose their midweek game its all to play for on a nervy last day.  And last days of the season are usually mental, they often defy logic. 

And failing that, I guess we'll just have to win the Europa League next term.

I've quite liked our winning that trophy in the past, particularly in the 1970s....

Unless win we our last game and Man Utd completely shit the bed in their remaining 2 games (both of which are at home, and one of which is against a team managed by Frank Lampard), we will not make the top 4. I saw this on Wiki and it says we haven't been in the top 4 all season, so clearly we haven't deserved it.

PLtable202223.png

Play the kids in Europa next season. Look at it like this, you could always go out in the group stages of the CL anyway or have a long run  in the Europa whilst focusing on the league, i think Klopp will treat it like the league cup.

Just now, Grinch said:

We should be trying to win the Europa and that’s what Klopp will be doing.  It’s only fans that like to act it’s beneath them.  The same people that would be celebrating in May.

One of my best ever nights as a fan was Dortmund in 2001.  When fans turn their nose up at the UEFA Cup I genuinely question why the follow football?  What are the in it for if it's not winning trophies?

• Upvote 1

The squad should take us most of the way in Europa but if your asking me if I was to choose between resting players for europa games or the league I'd be resting players in Europa games. We need to be walking top 4 next year. I've got to be honest even with better players I think this new way of playing will be shit against any manager with half a brain. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've got to be honest even with better players I think this new way of playing will be shit against any manager with half a brain. 

a) That's the spirit!

b) Why?

c) Fag packet maths here but by my reckoning 14 managers in the Premier League probably have less than half a brain. So assuming we beat those teams home and away that'll be 84 points - easily enough to get us back in the Champions League.

Just now, sh#t waffle said:

a) That's the spirit!

b) Why?

c) Fag packet maths here but by my reckoning 14 managers in the Premier League probably have less than half a brain. So assuming we beat those teams home and away that'll be 84 points - easily enough to get us back in the Champions League.

I honestly don't think we will play that formation too much next season. It's been a fix around and Trent may be moved about a bit. We buy new midfielders I'd go back to 433 but it depends in the type of players we do sign I guess it's going to be a mad summer with those who have left too. We are making Trent too much of the focus.

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

We should be trying to win the Europa and that’s what Klopp will be doing.  It’s only fans that like to act it’s beneath them.  The same people that would be celebrating in May.

Other than winning the league (which I think will be too much of a stretch) the best thing that can happen next season is us winning this in Dublin.

Prioritising top 4 over it can fuck off.