You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4, Yay or Nay?

niallers

20 hours ago, El Rojo said:

If we scrape top four and we have to play a Champions League qualifying round, Code should be named in the squad and brought on in the last minute for keeping the faith. 

Haha I’ll take that. 

16 hours ago, Aventus said:

Interesting little stat. 

IMG_20230517_220358.jpg

Since the halfway stage of the season 

Arsenal - 17 games, 31 points.

Liverpool - 17 games, 36 points.

Manchester Utd -  16 games, 27 points.

Newcastle - 16 games, 28 points.

Yep, Liverpool shit, the other three, wonderful. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

If there’s any hope we need Brighton or Bournemouth to do it for us. Neither a side you could put money on but who knows.  Brighton are capable but they’re shit more often then not

We need two "favours" against either side...

So two of Brighton, Leicester or Chelsea v Newcastle...or two of Bournemouth, Fulham and Chelsea v the mancs.

As for Brighton they are generally sound when playing once a week - their bad results tend to be when they play 2 or 3 times a week....like tonight.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

We need two "favours" against either side...

So two of Brighton, Leicester or Chelsea v Newcastle...or two of Bournemouth, Fulham and Chelsea v the mancs.

Yea but if one of them don’t do it, that’s the hope gone cause Leicester and Fulham sure as fuck aren’t.

15 minutes ago, Code said:

Brighton resting players again? Wtf. 

Thin McAllister is the only one rested, the other 1st choice players (Webster, March) are injured. Could make a case for Enciso over Undav I guess, but the latter has bagged a couple of goals lately.

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Yea but if one of them don’t do it, that’s the hope gone cause Leicester and Fulham sure as fuck aren’t.

Maybe, aye...Leicester might - as one side at bottom in dogfight always finds something - just hope that something wasn't the shite against Brighton!

Brighton are looking out for themselves as they should. They've a lot of games in  a short period. It's us who have failed this season, the mentality for a lot of it was terrible. We go again next season and if its more nation state domination  well then I think I'll fuck the sport off because its not a sport anymore its just a shit bit of theatre, all effects and no substance.

I’m no longer stressed about whether we get top four. In fact, I have to own up to being secretly excited that Jurgen will (probably) get the chance now to complete his ‘set’ of trophies since arriving. We had a reasonable team when we made the final last time in the Europa. We’ve a far better team now, and in form, and with probable new blood this summer.

I don’t subscribe to the ‘no CL footy no new talent’ bullshit chit chat. Any player who has visited/witnessed Anfield knows that the synergy with us is special. There are many talented players who would give their right arms to come and play in Liverpool. Look at that shower of shite fans walking out on the Arsenal team getting thrashed by Brighton! If I was in that shirt after everything I gave over the season, I’d be thinking…why the fuck stay here?

Our fans are the greatest. 

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’m no longer stressed about whether we get top four. In fact, I have to own up to being secretly excited that Jurgen will (probably) get the chance now to complete his ‘set’ of trophies since arriving. We had a reasonable team when we made the final last time in the Europa. We’ve a far better team now, and in form, and with probable new blood this summer.

I don’t subscribe to the ‘no CL footy no new talent’ bullshit chit chat. Any player who has visited/witnessed Anfield knows that the synergy with us is special. There are many talented players who would give their right arms to come and play in Liverpool. Look at that shower of shite fans walking out on the Arsenal team getting thrashed by Brighton! If I was in that shirt after everything I gave over the season, I’d be thinking…why the fuck stay here?

Our fans are the greatest. 

I'm at peace with it too. Love the idea of us playing a final in Dublin next season as well.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Grinch said:

Fulham and the donkey Serb are dogshit.  Our fault for dropping points to them.

Not necessarily disagreeing, however the donkey Serb and his dog shit team were winning at OT in that cup game until the flare up for the red card, they may not get a point but a nervous old Trafford and them not being on the beach means there possibilities, no ?

21 hours ago, Razoray said:

Since the halfway stage of the season 

Arsenal - 17 games, 31 points.

Liverpool - 17 games, 36 points.

Manchester Utd -  16 games, 27 points.

Newcastle - 16 games, 28 points.

Yep, Liverpool shit, the other three, wonderful. 

Unfortunately we don't do half season tickets.

• Like 1

So Newcastle need likely 2 but 3 will deffo do it from 2 games...

And the mancs need 6 from 3.

If they both get those there is nothing we can do.

We clearly need to win both our games but if we only got 4 pts we would then need the mancs to get 3 pts or less from their 3 games.

If we only got 3 pts from our two we would need mancs to get 2 pts or less from their 3 games.

1 pt or fuck all for newcastle from their 2 games if we won both of ours would work too.

It is a very, very long shot now.

19 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

I'm at peace with it too. Love the idea of us playing a final in Dublin next season as well.

Real Madrid have gone to shit lately. 

Can't wait for them to finish 3rd in their group just so they can drop down to the Europa and bum us again.