You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Levy is a putz. He always sells. 

Høibjerg wouldn’t be my first choice or anywhere close, he gets himself about, huge engine and would allow us to move Mac Allister further forwards. An acceptable stop game. 

His contract ends in 2025.

I could only imagine how Levy would deal with the absolute shambles we are at the minute without a proper DOF. 

He'd absloutely rinse us - in fact whoever we try and buy and now whichever club we'll be royally fucked over that's why I can see the club not buying anybody. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

What a mess we’ve got ourselves in.

It’s still salvageable but we don’t make things easy for ourselves. 

Exactly.

Can't believe the position we've put ourselves all to try and save a few quid. Everyone knows how desperate we are now so any money we could have saved is lost. Bellingham decision was a major error in hindsight.

23 minutes ago, Mark M said:

in fact whoever we try and buy and now whichever club we'll be royally fucked over

It might look like that if we sign someone for a mad price but if they turn out to be good and we at least get back in the CL spots it could be worth it and might not seem too bad looking back,

25 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

I wouldn't waste time messing about with Everton or Levy, only more drama can come of it. 

A reminder the Saudi window doesn't close until the 20th of September and ours closes on the 1st of September. What happens if a club bids for Salah,  Diaz or Thiago after the 1st. 

We could say no. Controversial i know. 

12 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Could?

That's promising isn't it? I was saying to the lads at the weekend I could be interested in shagging Abbey Lee. 

7 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Apparently looking at Adams now. Unfortunately Tony does not want to take the boots down again.

That's more like it. Cheap and release clause. Oh and injured. Make it happen Jorg. 

Just now, YNWAViking said:

It's all about getting the signings done now. Asap. We are already way too late to get the best players, now we are fighting for the expensive scraps. Very very disappointing. Amateur hour at our club unfortunately. How it has gone this far is mind boggling. 

Sadly, this is how you end up shite. Over paying for players you don't really want. 

At this point I would go for Tyler Adams and amrabat. I don't particularly rate either. But they could both probably do a basic job and wouldn't cost much. We could then at least hope one works out and flog either or both next summer if they don't work out. 

I think we can safely say after the debacle the hatches will be battoned down now. If we sign someone were not going to hear about it till it's close to done.

I'd rather not panic to try and fix the fuck up. If we get a good one which we need, amazing. No point blowing all your money on someone not good enough, that's what united have done for years and look where it gets you long term.

We just flushed a load of turds we don't need more in the door

1 minute ago, etho said:

I think we can safely say after the debacle the hatches will be battoned down now. If we sign someone were not going to hear about it till it's close to done.

I'd rather not panic to try and fix the fuck up. If we get a good one which we need, amazing. No point blowing all your money on someone not good enough, that's what united have done for years and look where it gets you long term.

We just flushed a load of turds we don't need more in the door

We can't go into the season with this midfield though. And I think with this shape, we don't look great in defence.