You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not worried anymore. Seal Lavia, get Adams for a snip and we're good there.

It’s going to be really frustrating when Adams goes to like Bournemouth or somewhere and does even better than he did for Leeds isn’t it? We really should be in for him. Maybe it’s just the injury thing putting us off but we’ve seen no link to him at all.

11 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

There’s only a few basic things you need to know to be able to contribute massively on a daily basis:

- Our owners are tight cunts, not willing to spend what it takes for us to win everything

-  All the big spenders are oilstate clubs/financial cheats, which is way below our standard

- All leagues except the PL are shite

- All teams in the PL are shite as well, with the possible exception of Abu Dhabi

- Players we bring in should always be proven in the PL

- We’re shit at transfers, we should be bringing in those young rising stars that Brighton are doing before they go to Brighton 

- All the bullshit on Twitter isn’t bullshit, it’s information on what the club is planning/trying to do. Well it isn’t obviously, but it still makes the club look stupid when it doesnt happen

- The modern game is shite, it’s been ruined by all the money. Us proper supporters look down on day trippers buying shite from the club shop, we dont go the game because it’s too expensive, we stream the matches illegally as the parasites controlling the rights are just that, parasites.

- We should all be proper fucked off we didnt complete out transfer business the day the window opened, we should’ve slapped the required amount of money on the table and gotten our targets in early, no matter the cost.

This is all you need to know to be a top poster on here, at least knowing this you can make a name for yourself in the regular transfer threads. 

It’s all becoming clear. Nice one. 

Also, Andre Trindade is a Jorge Mendes client now and is apparently going for €20m. So that’s Adams and Andre combined for less than Lavia. Neither of them will reach the levels you’d expect Lavia could reach, but he’s not there now, and the price is just mental when you’re paying it mainly for potential. Especially when Bajcetic could come back in and nail down a midfield spot based on how well he did last year.

What even is this "top poster" bullshit. Who cares. People write shit you like, people write shit you don't. Scroll past, I'm not even sure if I've ever negged anybody on here because I just don't care enough if someones opinion differs or grates. Vent don't vent, scroll past, get involved, interact with those you want to and ignore whoever but don't be Rawk and try to police it. Beyond bigotry, racism and all the bad shit let people use the site however they want too. It takes nothing to scroll past and think yeah bullshit it's up to you if you want to call someone out on it or if you've made your point to feel the need to keep making it. There's little point to being abusive. 

Match day threads, Transfer threads and ownership threads will always be evocative and should be its an escape my missus doesn't want to hear my bullshit about FSG being too risk averse when it comes to spending but willing to take huge risks for the team by doing nothing. No one wants to hear it on here either but the most you can do is give a little red arrow and write some shit i'll scroll past! where as she is specifically going to a Sayers today because I told here I've not had a Sayers cheese and onion pasty in about 20 years. My world is in her fingertips. So today I'll make a cuppa have a cheese and onion pasty while typing ..why the fuck has this fabinho deal took 50 fucking years and we need 3 more players minimum! Spend some money!

• Upvote 3

I actually don't like Henderson and Fabinho, they always came across as soft shites and so it has come to pass.  

This Saudi invasion has made the waters very muddy, and of course every agent wants to get their client there in order to cream a massive fee, that's capitalism folks. 

We chose the worst possible time to be out of the CL. It's the one thing the Saudis can't offer (yet), and Klopp managed to finish behind Newcastle.  Testament to the battling qualities of Fabinho and Henderson, no doubt.

But, no CL. 

We will have to take gambles on younger players for a lot more than we were planning to spend.  

There's no fucking way any of us were pondering a £50m move for Lavia 6 months ago, it was laughable. But here we are.  It's not laughable now, we're actually genuinely desperate for him to sign now. 

Last season we struggled to keep the goals out and as a priority we needed to address that with defensive signings.  But the Charity Shield is a week tomorrow and so far we haven't signed a single such player, and we've now lost Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Keita.

The club needs to see the coming storm and sort the Academy out.  We're behind the curve, even the likes of Bournemouth have a foreign club partnership to help develop players and open up markets. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What even is this "top poster" bullshit. Who cares. People write shit you like, people write shit you don't. Scroll past, I'm not even sure if I've ever negged anybody on here because I just don't care enough if someones opinion differs or grates. Vent don't vent, scroll past, get involved, interact with those you want to and ignore whoever but don't be Rawk and try to police it. Beyond bigotry, racism and all the bad shit let people use the site however they want too. It takes nothing to scroll past and think yeah bullshit it's up to you if you want to call someone out on it or if you've made your point to feel the need to keep making it. There's little point to being abusive. 

Match day threads, Transfer threads and ownership threads will always be evocative and should be its an escape my missus doesn't want to hear my bullshit about FSG being too risk averse when it comes to spending but willing to take huge risks for the team by doing nothing. No one wants to hear it on here either but the most you can do is give a little red arrow and write some shit i'll scroll past! where as she is specifically going to a Sayers today because I told here I've not had a Sayers cheese and onion pasty in about 20 years. My world is in her fingertips. So today I'll make a cuppa have a cheese and onion pasty while typing ..why the fuck has this fabinho deal took 50 fucking years and we need 3 more players minimum! Spend some money!

Congratulations on the Sayers pasty mate. I hope you enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Epic rant Bobby! Never thought i'd read Fabinho, Sayers, Pasty and FSG in one post!

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

but don't be Rawk 

she is specifically going to a Sayers today because I told here I've not had a Sayers cheese and onion pasty in about 20 years. My world is in her fingertips. So today I'll make a cuppa have a cheese and onion pasty while typing ..why the fuck has this fabinho deal took 50 fucking years and we need 3 more players minimum! Spend some money!

First - great advice.

Second - great life choice. I haven't had a Sayers cheese and onion pasty since I was in my teens. They only have Greggs down here and it's really not the same.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fucking Nelson Mandela over here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

It’s going to be really frustrating when Adams goes to like Bournemouth or somewhere and does even better than he did for Leeds isn’t it? We really should be in for him. Maybe it’s just the injury thing putting us off but we’ve seen no link to him at all.

Yeah, even if he would have to miss a month of the season to start, he seems like a no brainer at that price. But I guess those type of long term hamstring injuries are scary. Probably high recurrence. 

The Andre guy is a wildcard. Never made this type of signing so who knows. 

44 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, even if he would have to miss a month of the season to start, he seems like a no brainer at that price. But I guess those type of long term hamstring injuries are scary. Probably high recurrence. 

The Andre guy is a wildcard. Never made this type of signing so who knows. 

Never?

Lucas Unlucky GIFs | Tenor

Nothing is more exciting than signing an unheard of Brazilian 20 year old. Right up until his first touch where he’ll inevitably give away the ball sloppily then pick up a yellow card with a needless foul on the opposition I’ll be rooting for him. Then he’s on his own and I’ll be longing for the day he’s frozen out of the first team so I can make my Klopp forgot about Dre jokes.

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Whilst I'm not expecting it, I reckon there's a fair chance we'll be challenging for the title this season. 

I’m expecting us to be significantly better. 

67 points last season. I fully expect us to be at least 15 better.  Whether that is enough for a title challenge, time will tell. 

There's an argument, if we're realistic about the situation we're in, and the situation the league is in, to not buy a defensive midfielder and just use the kids there. 

They can run all day, just put two of them together.  Worst case scenario is that they're not great but such is the dearth of young midfielders they'd all be worth £25m+ next season.  

Turn the full backs into DMs. Klopp would get loads of training ground time with them as they aren't full internationals.