You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fri 30 December 20:00 Liverpool vs Leicester City

Lee909

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Is right.

He is being made to learn how to be one and he is doing his best, but he lacks the defensive nous, the physicality and the legs to play in a midfield 3 in our system.

too easily brushed off the ball, and he's not really going to see enough of the ball inside the penalty area which is where he's at his best.

Shocking first half performance. If you needed evidence that our midfield needs an upgrade this was it. Henderson politely letting Dewsberry Hall donwhatever he wants was painful to watch. A pathetic performance from our captain. Thiago saved his and Elliots arse on several occasions. 

Two new midfielders in in January and one more in the summer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Faes has to slink into the dressing room. I don't envy him. 

Still I fancy him for the hat trick. 

I was thinking of that too. Imagine trying to defend for your team but also trying not to score a hat trick. I won't complain if he gets his third for us though.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Multi - millionaire Alexi Sayle?

Fair point. 

Alexi Sayle at 70 years old has a net worth of 6 million 

Joe Gomez (use him as he’s the one making the food bank appeal) at 25 years old (and not among the highest earners at Anfield) has a net worth of 24 million. (According to the same website). He probably has another 8 years or so ahead of him on the football gravy-train. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nunez is sensational and it's ridiculous to claim he doesnt add anything to this team.

He's a fucking pest, I love him reminds me of Suarez 1st season Edge of your seat and shouting at him all in the same breath, the finishing will come he will be some player. Every good team needs a nutter.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nunez is sensational and it's ridiculous to claim he doesnt add anything to this team.

I dont think many are saying that. It's his misses in front of goal that are the concern.  We saw that again but his pace and strength are a real asset , 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I'm more positive about Hendo than a lot on here but Christ he's been bad. Really, really... really bad. 

Yeah, I love Hendo, but that might be the worst midfield half I’ve ever seen.  Thiago was pretty crap, but miles better than the other two in there. 
Thank fuck for Faes.

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

too easily brushed off the ball, and he's not really going to see enough of the ball inside the penalty area which is where he's at his best.

I'd hope that once we do what we need to do with the midfield rebuild that we will stop trying to hammer him as a square peg into a round hole....he is a wide forward and may well have a very good career as one.

Henderson as a 6 just passes the ball back to whoever gives it to him. It's bizarre. Countless times he had enough space to turn and switch play, but he had no idea what was around him, so just sent a two yard pass back to Thiago or Elliott.

It's almost awkward when they pass it back to him, only for him to ping it back again.

• Upvote 1