You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Had my house all tidy yesterday. Now it’s a bomb site again. Unbelievable. 

Now I’ve got to somehow juggle wrapping loads more stuff, playing games with the kid, restoring the house to its tidy state, drinking beer, eating shit food and watching Carradona try to police the forum in that Paris thread. 

Had to brave the town centre and Tesco before. Absolute chaos. That’s it now. I’m in. I’m not going anywhere. 

Let’s do the Christmas. 

We're on our third quiet Christmas in a row - following Covid and then having a baby - due to my op, which I don't particularly mind. I can't travel far, so we'll have a small dinner here and open presents with the little one. We might call at a friends gathering later on.

My folks came yesterday and we had an easy buffet tea and opened some presents, we'll do the same with the in-laws next week. 

• Upvote 7

On 16/12/2022 at 13:31, YorkshireRed said:

Just four of us this year. My two boys, the wife, and me. 

I was quite looking forward to it but I’ve fallen out with the wife so it promises to be frosty inside the house, if not out.

On the upside, I’ve just ordered a pork pie. 

That's very kind of you, but get one for yourself too.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

I’m still in the bad books with the boss. Polished off a primula squeezy cheese tube and a box of Ritz on Wednesday for me lunch, from the chrimbo shop stuff. She’s clocked it and kicked off.

when can you eat the chrimbo stuff? 

The wife bought me one of those massive toblerones one Xmas and hid it in the loft. Found it in early December and started nicking some whenever she went out. She was fucking fuming when she found the empty box when she went to wrap stuff on Xmas Eve. Didn't help either that I found it hilarious and woke her up twice by bursting out laughing in bed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The wife bought me one of those massive toblerones one Xmas and hid it in the loft. Found it in early December and started nicking some whenever she went out. She was fucking fuming when she found the empty box when she went to wrap stuff on Xmas Eve. Didn't help either that I found it hilarious and woke her up twice by bursting out laughing in bed.

If it's any consolation, I'm laughing out loud reading this.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

massive toblerones

Should come with a "risk of injury" warning.

My Daughters called me ungrateful when I asked that they never buy me another one 

Also got called miserable for asking for four cans of lager instead of; willy growing kit/hair restoration kit/mug with a piece of chocolate or any of the other fun things they sell in Tesco/asda etc.

• Upvote 1

We’re hosting this year. Normally the deal is if there are more than 8 we go to the in-laws at they have the space. In those years I’ll buy the meat.

As we’re hosting the other in law has bought the meat. 

Great I said, I’ll get the pigs and blankets and everything else sorted. 

Mother in law proceeds to tell me she sorted the pigs in blankets, the starter, some fizz, Christmas pudding and cake she makes anyway, so I’m left with the cheese, veg and gravy.

it’s like I’m not cooking at all 

6 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

We’re hosting this year. Normally the deal is if there are more than 8 we go to the in-laws at they have the space. In those years I’ll buy the meat.

As we’re hosting the other in law has bought the meat. 

Great I said, I’ll get the pigs and blankets and everything else sorted. 

Mother in law proceeds to tell me she sorted the pigs in blankets, the starter, some fizz, Christmas pudding and cake she makes anyway, so I’m left with the cheese, veg and gravy.

it’s like I’m not cooking at all 

Haha… mother in law just texted to say she’s got the turkey and is making the giblet stock.

So aside from coking the meat, looks like only veg to do! 

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Should come with a "risk of injury" warning.

My Daughters called me ungrateful when I asked that they never buy me another one 

Also got called miserable for asking for four cans of lager instead of; willy growing kit/hair restoration kit/mug with a piece of chocolate or any of the other fun things they sell in Tesco/asda etc.

I'd give the willy growing kit a miss as it's effects are only temporary. 

Her indoors got me quite the expensive gift 

So she’s laid up, taking it easy after a wee scare.  I’m on cooking/cleaning duties.just what I’d be imagining for my work holidays.

Heating’s acting a ballbag into the bargain.  19 month old that doesn’t know what’s going on and will probably play with the box more then any of her toes.

I’ve many great ones ahead of me when the little ones know about Santa, this one isn’t shaping up to be the most exciting.

49C3EACF-FA7D-4921-B02E-7C464E5BD53F.jpeg

• Upvote 22

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

So she’s laid up, taking it easy after a wee scare.  I’m on cooking/cleaning duties.just what I’d be imagining for my work holidays.

Heating’s acting a ballbag into the bargain.  19 month old that doesn’t know what’s going on and will probably play with the box more then any of her toes.

I’ve many great ones ahead of me when the little ones know about Santa, this one isn’t shaping up to be the most exciting.

Congratulations fella.

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He’ll be on here calling our players shit in no time.

• Upvote 1