You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton or Newcastle?

Em City

Everton or Newcastle?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming only one can go down because life can only get so good, who do you choose to be relegated?

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

True though isn't it? (to a degree). If you are from the Merseyside area you naturally hone in on the significance of the rivalry with Everton a lot more and also have to deal with blues on a day to day basis. If you are a fan from, say, Southampton, I imagine that the Man U rivalry may mean more?   

Ive lived in Southampton quite a while but still look to see when we play Everton, though both City and Utd are next along with Southampton obviously which gets me £30 and a few bevvies twice in a season, well usually. 

29 minutes ago, No2 said:

Does anyone think the hate and bile will stop if they are in the championship? They are no threat to us, Newcastle will be. And besides Everton will win most weeks in the championship, the current set up of forever hovering on the brink is more satisfying. 

Will they win most weeks in the Championship though? If they drop their best players likes of Richarleson and Pickford, (stop sniggering) will be off, they have a stadium to build and a massive hit in TV revenue so I doubt they would be throwing silly money at the squad.

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Will they win most weeks in the Championship though? If they drop their best players likes of Richarleson and Pickford, (stop sniggering) will be off, they have a stadium to build and a massive hit in TV revenue so I doubt they would be throwing silly money at the squad.

They will, they have built a good solid championship outfit over the last 5 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Does anyone think the hate and bile will stop if they are in the championship? They are no threat to us, Newcastle will be. And besides Everton will win most weeks in the championship, the current set up of forever hovering on the brink is more satisfying. 

It will just make things worse, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

i would love it , just love it if they went down and I could patronise the nephews at Xmas by saying that I'd heard a rumour that they had a live game coming up on Sky in the March.

Me too, Roger. Tony's right, there would be more bile but that would just make it all the more beautiful and they'd be even more insignificant.

• Upvote 1

You'd still have them going on about how great they are as fans taking 3000 to Rotherham or Hull on a Tuesday night unlike the Kopite armchair gloryhunter gobshites. 

In reality though a lot would just not bother going to the home games out of sheer embarrassment and any opportunity to rub it in would result in them going off their heads. 

Imagine all the shit clubs like Millwall with knobhead fans coming up to Goodison for a scrap.

• Upvote 1

Think it's a bit of a myth to say the toxicity only comes from younger bloos.

After all where do they get it from?

Some fella on Merseyside the other week said they have been in decline since 85 and her certainly wasnt a kid.

Absolutely no competition 

If they went down I'd laugh fir about a month.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Think it's a bit of a myth to say the toxicity only comes from younger bloos.

After all where do they get it from?

Some fella on Merseyside the other week said they have been in decline since 85 and her certainly wasnt a kid.

Absolutely no competition 

If they went down I'd laugh fir about a month.

Yeah, I had an uncle, sound guy but one of the bitterest blues I have ever known. At any family get together it was almost a secret rule amongst everyone else not to mention football as if he had a few beers there was a good chance it would ruin the night. He died about 20 years ago, his sons, my cousins have not fallen far from the tree.

Actually seeing tha

47 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

20220210_143531.jpg

Seeing this (and I'm not from the city) makes me think liquidation would be a better option for Everton & relegation for Newcastle.  
They say LFC fans are offended by everything yet use the untimely death of people to score points? Fuck them. Hope they go bust the day they clinch premier league survival. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Actually seeing tha

Seeing this (and I'm not from the city) makes me think liquidation would be a better option for Everton & relegation for Newcastle.  
They say LFC fans are offended by everything yet use the untimely death of people to score points? Fuck them. Hope they go bust the day they clinch premier league survival. 

Yep. It’s shitty. 

How is that “supporting” Everton? Would a player look at that and give it that 0.01% bit extra? 

It’s part of what sets apart from other IMO. What our crowd tries to do is primarily inspire us. Intimidating or belittling the opposition might be come hand in hand, but on the whole, it’s not the primary objective. 

Is that a genuine flag? If so, it tells you everything you need to know about the club and its fan base and why they're perennial failures. No achievement to brag about, nothing to inspire, just an all-consuming need to believe they're somehow better than us.  

59 minutes ago, aws said:

Is that a genuine flag? If so, it tells you everything you need to know about the club and its fan base and why they're perennial failures. No achievement to brag about, nothing to inspire, just an all-consuming need to believe they're somehow better than us.  

I think it was done for Villareal when Collina was brought out of retirement specifically to stop Everton getting into the group stages.

Saw another one which said "Sorry we're late. Trouble with the neighbours".

Implying that it was our fault they didn't qualify for Europe between 1991-1995 and from then to 2005. When they weren't banned from Europe.