You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you have your own space

Section_31

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Boss that mate out of rep.

Wrey & Nephew..... phhhhhhhfffff head blowing gear that 

That was a present about five years ago, think I’ve had two rum and cokes from it in all that time when I’ve had nothing else in. It’s about 60%, fuck that. 

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve got my own room downstairs, I put all my work stuff in the extension bit we’ve got built in the kitchen though. Don’t want my room contaminated by working in there all day. 

I don’t spend anywhere near as much time in here as I thought I would when I was putting it together to be honest. 

4BFB661D-D440-433E-84DB-4886ACB801CC.jpeg

64853A8C-50A8-455F-81F1-59959534E8B0.jpeg

3F5325DE-3ABA-4479-9FA6-FC2580EF2586.jpeg

D8E9BE35-37AD-4BC7-9F21-7AA4DE901736.jpeg

A95C66D3-0E74-4BEE-A551-486637F35615.jpeg

31B859ED-3F1A-44FF-8F09-80DA49CF45DE.jpeg

CE636DFE-38D0-436B-A453-AA269B78D7C9.jpeg

C1CBBF25-9C3D-4AB1-97F5-406A9AC61106.jpeg

618752F7-5AB8-4BF6-9C39-3DC15B3FD962.jpeg

That looks class but two minor points...

Why have you got a load of cans sitting out the fridge?

Unless you have a sub woofer, those speakers would look & sound better on stands.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

That was a present about five years ago, think I’ve had two rum and cokes from it in all that time when I’ve had nothing else in. It’s about 60%, fuck that. 

Yeah its nice but not a session drink. In-fact you've done well just swerving it. 

I'm lucky enough to live in a big old 3 story town house.

It used to have 6 bedrooms but I had the top floor converted into a huge loft space when I moved in. Loads of skylights, a mezzanine, bought 2 x 2 seaters and a 4 seater sofa from Indigo and they're comfy as fuck.

Got a Sony hd projector and a roll down projector screen hooked up to an Android box and dvd player, full 5.1 Sony surround sound, great for f**ty and films when a load of people come over.

Also got a really nice hifi up there too; Arcam separates with Quad floorstanders.

A beer fridge and my guitars and a few amps.

I didn't need the 6 bedrooms.

• Upvote 3

I’ve toyed with the idea of converting the garage but can’t afford it at the moment so maybe it’s something i’ll look at in the future.

Having said that, i’m the main bread winner so when i’m in the living room, I watch what I want and everyone bows down to me, know what I mean?

Sounds like you just need to grow some balls Secsh. Give her a bit of a slap around, it will save you a few bob.

I am one flukey cunt. 

One of my dens is an oversized triple garage with just about everything I want in there. High points include a decent snap-on box and a fab Lincoln welder, but it's so well kitted-out the neighbour's lads are always round to "borrow" (rob) stuff for their 4x4s; "Rog have you got an eight "milli" (taking the piss out of my accent) bolt to fit this? It might need to be a "midgies" bigger." It also houses the lawn tractor and a fab erm classic car. I really want to add a lathe and pillar drill but I'd need to extend. Hmmmm. Well, I spend a lot of time in there....

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That comments just wound me the fuck up. Guaranteed she's planning an area in there for bags or holiday clothes and you've got a kick off coming. I fucking hate them. Sly bastards. Cats of the human world. Always plotting. 

54 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

When I told her I will be fitting a lock on the door she assumed I was joking. 

I was not.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I am one flukey cunt. 

My den is an oversized triple garage with just about everything I want in there. High points include a decent snap-on box and a fab Lincoln welder, but it's so well kitted-out the neighbour's lads are always round to "borrow" (rob) stuff for their 4x4s. It also houses the lawn tractor and a fab erm classic car. I really want to add a lathe and pillar drill but I'd need to extend. Hmmmm. Well, I spend most of my time in there....

You'd get on with my brother in law. He's got the snap on stuff as he's into rallying and those cage buggy things. He's also got his first car (a Montego?) In an air bubble so it doesn't rust. Above is a den with poker table, console with a seat and steering wheel setup and mini bar.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mook said:

That looks class but two minor points...

Why have you got a load of cans sitting out the fridge?

Unless you have a sub woofer, those speakers would look & sound better on stands.

I’ve got a beer fridge but it’s completely full. I’ll put the cans in as I create some space but I’ve just been drinking the kegs out the machines I’ve got so not having a chance to get to the fridge. 

As for the speakers I’d just rather have them out the way on the wall. When I first put them up I had less space in the room but I’ve cleared some stuff out recently.

A990F522-AD23-48B8-AD28-4B4CA8A1D8F5.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve got a beer fridge but it’s completely full. I’ll put the cans in as I create some space but I’ve just been drinking the kegs out the machines I’ve got so not having a chance to get to the fridge. 

As for the speakers I’d just rather have them out the way on the wall. When I first put them up I had less space in the room but I’ve cleared some stuff out recently.

Now that's what I call a fridge.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Rapey I also like how you've covered a picture of a child up with a picture of Klopp on the ale. 

• Upvote 1

I plan on building a studio in the woods that the wife will never find. She's terrible with directions.

Our current house has a separate one bedroom suite in the basement. I renovated it many years ago for renters, but really designed it as my own space once we finished with tenants.

I sleep there myself with the cats every night, as I prefer the coolness and quiet compared to upstairs. So do the cats...they like hanging on the big sofa by the fireplace.

I cook down there as well in the small, but efficient kitchen. TV right in front of me, and a well stocked pantry of booze and recreational drugs. 

WIFI is good, so I can work down there if I need to, but prefer my office upstairs during the day, as the basement is a bit dark.

• Upvote 2

Mentioned earlier in the thread, but I really do need a space of my own. Partly for work and partly just to escape. I mostly work from home anyway but, at the moment, the wife is on furlough and I’ve got two teenagers pretending to be home/college schooled. 

I’ve been looking at something like the below. Lots of alternatives about though. I’d have no chance of installing it myself though so that’s an added cost.

As I’m self employed the office itself wouldn’t be tax deductible but fixtures, fittings and running costs would (I think).

I could also live in it when the wife finally kicks me out. 

38E1F297-3A13-45F2-8D57-38F9A9965F69.jpeg

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Mentioned earlier in the thread, but I really do need a space of my own. Partly for work and partly just to escape. I mostly work from home anyway but, at the moment, the wife is on furlough and I’ve got two teenagers pretending to be home/college schooled. 

I’ve been looking at something like the below. Lots of alternatives about though. I’d have no chance of installing it myself though so that’s an added cost.

As I’m self employed the office itself wouldn’t be tax deductible but fixtures, fittings and running costs would (I think).

I could also live in it when the wife finally kicks me out. 

38E1F297-3A13-45F2-8D57-38F9A9965F69.jpeg

That seems quite a reasonable price, but obviously doesn't include hookup to power/water and a foundation.

Still worth it, I think. Money well spent.

• Upvote 1