Quantcast
Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21 - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Baltar

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

10 hours ago, Arnaud said:

He was a very good player but not world class like Hansen or Robbo.

A team of players of his calibre would go far in most international tournaments, let alone just qualify.

Thanks for the answers. For Hansen, he was clearly underrated, not being picked up in 86 was at best a mistake ! He was still a world class player .

There is something wrong in the current Scottish football not to be able to find and educate  good players, like in rugby union for instance !

• Upvote 1

On 30/11/2020 at 22:59, Arnaud said:

How come Scotland have become so bad ? In Rugby, they managed to find good players regularly.

Now they have Robbo, but when was the  last  time they had a very good player ? Late 80’ ?

I think fewer Scottish players have been signed by top English clubs since non UK players could be signed? They also used to have this thing about players they called 'Anglo's' the ones who left scotland to play in England and have maybe tried to retain the players in the Scottish PL?

• Upvote 1

I'm very impressed with Gerrard in Europe. While their neighbours are being humiliated all over the continent Rangers are very professional and hard to beat. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Baltar said:

I'm very impressed with Gerrard in Europe. While their neighbours are being humiliated all over the continent Rangers are very professional and hard to beat. 

This is very true. There were signs of it last season too. It would be interesting if Gerrard was up against a half decent Celtic manager but having Neil Lennon there is just making it too easy.

On 30/11/2020 at 22:59, Arnaud said:

How come Scotland have become so bad ? In Rugby, they managed to find good players regularly.

Now they have Robbo, but when was the  last  time they had a very good player ? Late 80’ ?

We're shite at rugby too.

I could write a book about why Scotland have become so bad at Football over the last 30 odd years, the reasons are many but among them you can blame the Old Firm, UEFA & the Scottish FA amongst others.

As for very good players, Paul Lambert fitted the bill & Keiran Tierney is another highly rated left back. Andy Goram was also a World Class keeper in the 90s.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

Taking Scottish football to a new level. 

Old Firm Game on Jan 2nd, when he gets Lennon sacked is going to necessitate a brand new thread.

• Upvote 2

Just grabbed himself his first league title in January.

I'd be on the phone to him now, asking if he would be wiliing to take over in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I'd be on the phone to him now, asking if he would be wiliing to take over in the summer.

Can we afford to wait?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Take over what in the summer?

14 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can we afford to wait?

If we drop points against the Saints FSG will have to act surely?

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can we afford to wait?

This season is a total write off.

Best to accept that, and position the club for 21/22 with a real manager.

21 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Rangers were shite today, very lucky to win that.  Only a matter of time before they win the league now though. 

Yeah, only 19 points clear.

8 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

If we drop points against the Saints FSG will have to act surely?

Perhaps he can bring Livingston and Ross County into the EPL with him too.

The most Scottish thing ever is for them to have 2 class players & they both play in the same singular position.

Anyway, Gerrard is doing great at Rangers. Looking forward to him leading us to the title in 2024/25.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

The u23s.

I honestly think Stevie will go to another Prem side before he manages us. If as seems likely Ranger win the title this year, I think they'll have a hell of a job holding onto him for next season.

Stevie is going about things the right way unlike fwank who just walked into a PL manager's job despite doing fuck all to warrant it.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I honestly think Stevie will go to another Prem side before he manages us. If as seems likely Ranger win the title this year, I think they'll have a hell of a job holding onto him for next season.

Stevie is going about things the right way unlike fwank who just walked into a PL manager's job despite doing fuck all to warrant it.

Leicester would be the perfect set up for him. B-dog will be licking those chapped lips at the Chelsea job now Lego heads turning the arse round 

• Upvote 1