You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

14 hours ago, Remmie said:

Being furious with a player for being injury prone and being disappointed that a world class player came back from injury and played in a big game. 

I'm not furious with him for anything.  I do think he's a soft arse and a bit of a dickhead, and I don't like his effect on the team and wish for him to be nowhere near it.  Though when we were desperate in midfield he was useful at times, but we're not desperate any more and that's why I was disappointed he came on against Arsenal. I suppose we were a bit desperate in that moment.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What effect? The guy is a genuinely world class player who has played for the best clubs in the world.

Do you think he is sat on the side at training eating ice pops and making sarcastic comments when Nunez balloons one over the bar?

He actually appears a bit of a mentor for Darwin, always seems to be next to him on the bench and there was a gif a few months back of Jurgen looking baffled waiting to bring Darwin on and then spotting him with Thiago giving him his instructions. Was quite amusing.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not going to expose myself by taking shots. Happy to eat ice pops and make sarcastic comments about Nunez for £200k per week though. 

Ah, unfortunately that position is reserved for world class. We do have consistent openings for the ballooning role so stay in touch.

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Be careful, there's been alot of AI floating around.

Ha!

Indeed.

Sadly they were not accurate.

The shout was that he needed about another 600 mins this season to average more mins per season during his time here than Keita did....But the numbers only had Thiago's league mins counted and had all Keita's.

Thiago isn't miles ahead mind at all!

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

What effect? The guy is a genuinely world class player who has played for the best clubs in the world.

Do you think he is sat on the side at training eating ice pops and making sarcastic comments when Nunez balloons one over the bar?

I don't know what he's like around the squad or in training.  I'm taking about his effect on the team, i.e. when he plays.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

I don't know what he's like around the squad or in training.  I'm taking about his effect on the team, i.e. when he plays.

Or more to the point (although not relevant now but it was when we had few decent midfielders) his effect on things because he was rarely available when needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Put a fork in him, he's done.

The outlook is more negative though, as the Liverpool boss revealed on Tuesday that “there is no timescale” on Thiago’s return. It is a similar issue to the hip injury that kept him out for so long.

“I don’t know, to be honest (if he will play again this season),” Klopp said.

“It’s a couple of things but what he has to do now from a medical point of view and I don't know if it will mean again if he can play again. It's not a short-term thing and that's why I'm not 100% in it. I'm not sure if it's the same but the region is the same"

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Put a fork in him, he's done.

The outlook is more negative though, as the Liverpool boss revealed on Tuesday that “there is no timescale” on Thiago’s return. It is a similar issue to the hip injury that kept him out for so long.

“I don’t know, to be honest (if he will play again this season),” Klopp said.

“It’s a couple of things but what he has to do now from a medical point of view and I don't know if it will mean again if he can play again. It's not a short-term thing and that's why I'm not 100% in it. I'm not sure if it's the same but the region is the same"

It sounds like klopp has at last reached where many of us where months ago. He can't even be arsed checking in on him now. 

• Upvote 1