You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

15 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Well, it started in 1987, when he directed a play accusing Jews of collaborating with Nazis during the Holocaust. 

1987 Eh?  Then gets kicked out in 2021/22... must've been some fucking hearing that. 

When you’ve run out of pledges you made before the leadership contest was settled, it’s time to start reneging on the pledges you’ve made after you became leader.

And when Keir looked upon the breadth of his reneging he wept, for there were no more pledges to renege on.

• Upvote 2

Maybe people are pissed off because they actually hold the leader of the Labour party to a higher standard than the leader of the Tory party? 

I don't feel betrayed by the Tories because I expect them to be lying self serving cunts, and ironically they never disappoint me on this.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Maybe people are pissed off because they actually hold the leader of the Labour party to a higher standard than the leader of the Tory party? 

I don't feel betrayed by the Tories because I expect them to be lying self serving cunts, and ironically they never disappoint me on this.

Exactly.  Though when someone asks for a one to ten answer the urge to put in the Spinal Tap clip is too hard to turn down.

Slippers right in one respect though, it really should be an easy choice. As with these latest shenanigans Starmer makes liking him difficult. 

If only he/they spent the same amount of time and energy attacking the Tories as they do in attacking the people within the Labour party.

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Incredible. You mean to say you expect more of someone representing a LABOUR party than someone married to a billionare, who is in charge of a party which, for over 200 years, has made it their sole aim to move money from the hands of the many into the hands of the few? Next you'll be saying that you're more annoyed at the Guardian and BBC for their role in destroying any chance of meaningful progressive change in the UK, rather than you are at Nick Griffin's old BNP pamplets.

BUT DO YOU DISLIKE SUNAK OR STARMER MORE?

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

1987 Eh?  Then gets kicked out in 2021/22... must've been some fucking hearing that. 

Not sure "Labour has been ignoring Jewish concerns for decades" is quite the winningest argument if I'm honest.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

well if its dates back to 87,ignoring anti semitism wouldnt have started with Corbyn?

Who said it did start with him? It existed back in the 50s when it was the reason my grandfather wasn't selected for a safe parliamentary seat.

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Who said it did start with him? It existed back in the 50s when it was the reason my grandfather wasn't selected for a safe parliamentary seat.

I didnt say you did but there was certainly a narrative that it did.

anyway its derailing the thread a bit.

Its about starmer 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I've read up a little on this. It was a play written by Jim Allen called Perdition and was based on a libel trial in the mid-50's in Israel brought by somebody who had been accused of collaborating with the Nazis to save certain Jews whilst allowing others to go to the gas chambers (apparently the guy accusedof collaborating was assassinated!).

I must be honest that Jim Allen and Ken Loach certainly let themselves and their supporters down at that time by the words they used in defence of this play when ot was cancelled prior to opening. They should have and should still be in Loach's case, above that type of shit.

It was interesting to note that a rewritten version of the same play was produced in 1999 by Ken Loach's son in law who happens to be Jewish.

The story behind the libel trial itself actually sounds very interesting. I may read up more on that.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've read up a little on this. It was a play written by Jim Allen called Perdition and was based on a libel trial in the mid-50's in Israel brought by somebody who had been accused of collaborating with the Nazis to save certain Jews whilst allowing others to go to the gas chambers (apparently the guy accusedof collaborating was assassinated!).

I must be honest that Jim Allen and Ken Loach certainly let themselves and their supporters down at that time by the words they used in defence of this play when ot was cancelled prior to opening. They should have and should still be in Loach's case, above that type of shit.

It was interesting to note that a rewritten version of the same play was produced in 1999 by Ken Loach's son in law who happens to be Jewish.

The story behind the libel trial itself actually sounds very interesting. I may read up more on that.

This Israeli examination of the trial is available on You Tube. I have a copy of 'Perdition' by Jim Allen. If it has a fault it's that it is quite meticulous and tough going for a casual audience. Kastner is a controversial figure for both Zionists and non-Zionists to assess - he saved the lives of many Jews but but, it is argued, by assisting, the Nazis. Allen's play questioned if Kastner - described by Eichmann as a 'fanatical Zionist' who he actually admired - selected only Jews who shared his poltical viewpoint.  The enforced censoring of Perdition represents a very dark time for freedom of expression in British culture and is worthy of further examination.

v

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

This cunts fucking relentless. To think the troll is now a major player in the Labour Party.

Im sure he and those outlets he mentions will be together in their condemnation of the murder of a 2 year old Palestinian child shot dead in cold blood by the IDF. 

Oh, they won’t. It’s almost like there’s a pattern. 

Couldve put this in the cancel culture thread. Labour are turning themselves into fucking laughing stocks. They're sounding like flat earthers, although in fairness to flat earthers and the anti vax mob they do actually believe in the nonsense they spout.

These Macarthyite type rules and conditions set by idiots like Luke Akehurst would see everyone in this audience probably banned from the Labour Party.

Banning an in position Mayor for sharing a stage and asking about the three films Loach has made in the area. This shit is becoming preposterous.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/ken-loach-interview-cannes-film-festival-history-1235483548/?s=09

She's Jewish and she's right. Ridiculous it is.

On 05/06/2023 at 09:12, Gnasher said:

Sunaks doing his job sticking up for Conservative voters. He's leader of the Conservative Party he's doing what it says on the tin.

Starmer has turned the Labour Party into the Tory B team. Their is now little between Labour and Tory in terms of economic and social policy. Starmer is the more disingenuous of the two.

'Thatcher was right' and 'we're all Tories now' according to one of the above.

Vote for another party then. Stop crying. It can't be good for your mental health, this obsession.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheSire said:

Vote for another party then. Stop crying. It can't be good for your mental health, this obsession.

It's a two-party system (in England, at least).  It's not too much to ask for the only alternative to the Tories to be a genuine alternative to the Tories.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a two-party system (in England, at least).  It's not too much to ask for the only alternative to the Tories to be a genuine alternative to the Tories.

Apparently it is, ironically if you do ask for an alternative to the Tories it means you want the Tories to win. 

• Upvote 1

I've felt for a long time that the only way things will really change is if Labour start to lose a big percentage of votes in areas where they field candidates that aren't on the left. 

I've seen it said many times that you should always vote for the candidate that will stop the Tories getting in, but if that candidate is Liz Kendall then is there any point?

I get called a tory cunt because I've voted for them when its suited me, even though I voted for Blair and since then the lib dems and now I'm ready to go full circle and vote Labour again. I guess I'm still a tory cunt, I cant win.

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

I get called a tory cunt because I've voted for them when its suited me, even though I voted for Blair and since then the lib dems and now I'm ready to go full circle and vote Labour again. I guess I'm still a tory cunt, I cant win.

To be fair, you vote Labour when they're quite similar to the Tories, so, er...

17 minutes ago, A Red said:

Funnily enough that's almost word for word my little speech when a new girlfriend ever asks where I stand regarding politics. No point being too dogmatic and blowing it for beliefs and principles. Cover all bases. All's fair in love and war and all that.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Funnily enough that's almost word for word my little speech when a new girlfriend ever asks where I stand regarding politics. No point being too dogmatic and blowing it for beliefs and principles. Cover all bases. All's fair in love and war and all that.

You voted Tory?