You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Have a bit of a cough again and went for one of those fastvtests yesterday. It came back negative but said if you have symptoms you needed another test. Rang the helpline and they said I shouldn't have had a rapid test because I had symptoms and had to another normal test. I gagged more than Lottie Lovelace yesterday. 

Now I'm off waiting for my results, feeling like shite. My dog has kennel cough too which just confirms the ET/Elliot like connection we have. 

Sounds like the bad Aids

Have you been bumming your dog?

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I am a big fan of PMQs. Holds the Government to account on a weekly basis. Every PM says it’s the worse day of their week. Not many other Governments do it. 

They don't get held to account though. They literally never answer a straight question.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I am a big fan of PMQs. Holds the Government to account on a weekly basis. Every PM says it’s the worse day of their week. Not many other Governments do it. 

I used to have a lecturer at university who was from Nigeria. He was always going on saying he couldn't believe how lucky we were to have televised parliament. Because we were 18 year old alcoholics we mostly ignored him, but he was right. 

33 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They don't get held to account though. They literally never answer a straight question.

On 04/11/2020 at 17:02, Bjornebye said:

493 deaths today Spy Bee, would you agree that we are seeing a second wave? 

On 05/11/2020 at 13:02, Bjornebye said:

Spy Bee did you see this reply to you last night? 

On 05/11/2020 at 13:10, Spy Bee said:

Nope

On 05/11/2020 at 13:11, Bjornebye said:

Ok, you have now. Can I have an answer at all? 

On 05/11/2020 at 13:41, Spy Bee said:

Nope

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm not Prime Minister

I was joking

While we are on that subject though... it's amusing to see that nobody has tackled the detail of the charts I posted this morning.

It's not clear what the graphs and data show apart from there being loads of excess deaths which we know anyway

There isn't much point engaging with you because, at this stage, you're semi-delusional 

We have almost 600 people dying a day and you're still banging on about bollocks pushed by the likes of Farage, Trump and the grifters like Sikora and that other Twitter nonce who used to work in pharma

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, mattyq said:

It's not clear what the graphs and data show apart from there being loads of excess deaths which we know anyway

There isn't much point engaging with you because, at this stage, you're semi-delusional 

We have almost 600 people dying a day and you're still banging on about bollocks pushed by the likes of Farage, Trump and the grifters like Sikora and that other Twitter nonce who used to work in pharma

It is quite clear.

So I post graphs based on factual data, and you call me delusional and try and compare me to nonces. Sound.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

As Dougie said, it's a waste of time and will continue to be so until you get a PM who is confident enough with his policies to respond to scrutiny in a coherent and positive way, whether you agree with them or not.

With the present shyster, you get neither of those things and I think the speaker is partly to blame for not bringing him to book for it.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-confirms-you-should-19264807

249 positive cases out of 42,233 asymptomatic people tested during the Liverpool testing trial over the weekend.

So over 0.5% of those tested were walking around the city infected without knowing. Simple (if perhaps not scientific) extrapolation for the whole country meaning up to 335,000 current asymptomatic cases in the UK.

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Come on man, do you think we are in a second wave? Yes or no 

Simple answer would be yes, it appears so. The thing is, the data is so shite, it's hard to know. NO doubt a lot of people are being tested positive for Covid, but how many are symptomatic? How many are actually dying form it? We don't know because the collection and management of the data is so poor.

As I alluded to with the graphs, why are all other causes dropping in proportion with Covid deaths increasing? 

I still think it's a thing, I still think it's dangerous to some people, but the actual prevalence is so hard to know.

4 minutes ago, Jenson said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-confirms-you-should-19264807

249 positive cases out of 42,233 asymptomatic people tested during the Liverpool testing trial over the weekend.

So over 0.5% of those tested were walking around the city infected without knowing. Simple (if perhaps not scientific) extrapolation for the whole country meaning up to 335,000 current asymptomatic cases in the UK.

Is this with the new tests? If so it's likely that they missed a third of positives, so that's half a million people walking round with it without any symptoms.