Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

FSG will be shutting their pants over this as their deal is based on sales. Show long does the contract run, is it only 5 years and we're heading into the 3rd? 

Nah. No way would there be a clause like this in the contract Nike could pull without FSG agreeing to it. 

I’m no fucking fan of FSG but they’re far, far from financial idiots. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Don't worry Moe, they'll do that anyway. 

Of course they will

24 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Nah. No way would there be a clause like this in the contract Nike could pull without FSG agreeing to it. 

I’m no fucking fan of FSG but they’re far, far from financial idiots. 

I read that report elsewhere earlier today. The basis was they were offering psg the opportunity to change, not forcing them - but I'm.sire they wouldn't be making such an offer unless they expected it to be accepted. So it would be no different with us - it would just be an offer, nothing contractual. But if Nike are saying make less shirts to save the planet and help in times of recession, it would back the club into a pretty uncomfortable position.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I read that report elsewhere earlier today. The basis was they were offering psg the opportunity to change, not forcing them - but I'm.sire they wouldn't be making such an offer unless they expected it to be accepted. So it would be no different with us - it would just be an offer, nothing contractual. But if Nike are saying make less shirts to save the planet and help in times of recession, it would back the club into a pretty uncomfortable position.

I’m sure they would cope. 

• Upvote 1

Surely the carrot for the club is the term "bespoke"? We sell loads of shirts, but there are also lots who hate the cut-and-paste nature of modern shirts. One team's is much like another's from the same manufacturer.

If Nike made genuinely original designs for each, they could end up selling just as much over a two-year period.

Right now footy shirts are the worst of both worlds, largely unoriginal and changing every year.

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Surely the carrot for the club is the term "bespoke"? We sell loads of shirts, but there are also lots who hate the cut-and-paste nature of modern shirts. One team's is much like another's from the same manufacturer.

If Nike made genuinely original designs for each, they could end up selling just as much over a two-year period.

Right now footy shirts are the worst of both worlds, largely unoriginal and changing every year.

Original design you say? 

Screenshot_2022-06-23-08-56-38-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Chris said:

Could they be any more Milner?

Milner “hey Nike fellows, I have some designs for you”

nike “not now James, we’re busy “. 

On 26/06/2022 at 16:14, Bad Red Bull said:

Apparently, our training kits for this season

FWGGwtQWIAAxQG0.jpeg

FWGGwtQXwAANjHn.jpeg

Slap 'Candy' across the front of the first one and I'll consider buying it*.

*not to wear, I'd look like wet sand bag.