You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

Not sure what's going on with our friends in the east. The Thailand outfit has reduced the number of mens options to just 16, excluding training gear. A week ago, there were 27!

They've withdrawn a lot of shirts, especially the cheaper options. Some small price increases, 'fan' shirts gone up to just over £12 with player version now just under £15.

• 2 weeks later...

Nike have released all their World Cup kits today, and every team seems to have at least one bang-average-to-shit one. Really don't know what they were thinking with the new Netherlands home. It's got a Wolves traditional old gold colour instead of orange, only with a velvet upholstery look. Brazil have some stupid animal print shit on their away, and England's home looks like something you should find in a market stall for under a tenner. And Nike have the gall to charge £70-odd for a fan version and £100-plus for the player version.

They have hit on some decent ones though. France home and England away are good, and Poland's away design, had they given it to LFC instead, would be the nicest home kit they've done for us. Traditional-looking collar and cuffs, a nice dep red, and no stupid flourishes.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Nike have released all their World Cup kits today, and every team seems to have at least one bang-average-to-shit one. Really don't know what they were thinking with the new Netherlands home. It's got a Wolves traditional old gold colour instead of orange, only with a velvet upholstery look. Brazil have some stupid animal print shit on their away, and England's home looks like something you should find in a market stall for under a tenner. And Nike have the gall to charge £70-odd for a fan version and £100-plus for the player version.

They have hit on some decent ones though. France home and England away are good, and Poland's away design, had they given it to LFC instead, would be the nicest home kit they've done for us. Traditional-looking collar and cuffs, a nice dep red, and no stupid flourishes.

Could be worse, check out what Puma are playing at with their world cup away shirts

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Proof that there's a right way and a wrong way to design football shirts.

IMG_20220915_230753.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the person who leaked that photo is usually on the money when it comes to kit leaks, but it's a bit strange that Nike are still using this season's templates for next season's kits. That is basically this season's kit with some added white trim.

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of ordering some old replicas off DH Gate as many of you have done, but just wanted some clarity as there's a lot of varying opinion about. So:

- do you normally go a size up from what you'd order in the UK?

- is the stuff genuinely high quality or are there obvious differences?

- any particular sellers that are reliable/unreliable?

- do you get better deals if you order more items?

- payment; is it safe to pay using your regular credit card or Paypal, or should I get another third-party facility like Revolut?

- any issues to look out for with delivery?

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Thinking of ordering some old replicas off DH Gate as many of you have done, but just wanted some clarity as there's a lot of varying opinion about. So:

- do you normally go a size up from what you'd order in the UK?

- is the stuff genuinely high quality or are there obvious differences?

- any particular sellers that are reliable/unreliable?

- do you get better deals if you order more items?

- payment; is it safe to pay using your regular credit card or Paypal, or should I get another third-party facility like Revolut?

- any issues to look out for with delivery?

I haven't used dhgate for a long time. I use jjsport24.com . 

I go 1 size up. 

As long as you order kits that have been released, they're spot on. Don't order ones that still aren't for sale. 

I don't think there's better deals. It might even be better ordering less so not to flag the value of import duties on deliveries. 

I've had no issues with credit cards. 

Delivery is normally around 3 weeks and the kit will turn up in a surprisingly small plastic bag. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Look forward to it being out of stock 

Same, thought they’d open more doors but don’t see the effect of that either.

I do look on the site now and then and it’s unreal the amount of sizes missing on items such as shirts. A pretty basis staple and you can only order a small.

New balance was far better. Yet to see any Nike sales figures either.

• 2 weeks later...