You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

If Antifa are not going out looking for violence, why do they wear bandanas and hoodies to obscure their faces?

Like I said mob rule is disconcerting as it often leads to a settling of scores that have nothing to do with the causes most are there to protest for. It should also never be overlooked at how infiltrators are used by authorities to besmirch opponents of their power. Cannot say if thats the case here but its not an uncommon tactic.

6 minutes ago, Boss said:

If Antifa are not going out looking for violence, why do they wear bandanas and hoodies to obscure their faces?

So they don’t get fired from their jobs? Most of them actually have real jobs and are not grifters who make their living from patreon donations

18 minutes ago, moof said:

He edits far right propaganda rag quilette, his work supposedly contributed to journalists being put on literal nazi kill lists, his racist rhetoric and targeting of CAIR Oregon (centre of American Islamic relations) led to them receiving death threats. He’s a fascist cheerleader, which is an inherently violent thing to be. He was given a black eye for his troubles and has now made hundreds of thousands of dollars from morons who donated to him out of sympathy. Doesn’t sound much like a victim to me

I'm curious about these allegations. When you say that his work contributed to journalists being put on Nazi kill lists, what does that actually entail? If it was 'these Journalists need to be taken out' or something that amounts to it, rather than 'these Journalists are against free speech' or something similar, then he's clearly a bad egg. But I'd need to actually see these things before deciding. From what I can see he is somebody who is basically a libertarian, conservative blogger with a fancy title. And it looks to me like he's the victim of violent abuse from a gang of absolute fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 1

That video of the old fella getting hit, what's the story behind him grabbing that other fella (which seemed to precede the other violence)?

Just an average sweet old man judging by these pics...  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/antifa-attack-portland-andy-ngo-portland-proud-boys-alt-right-a8981331.html

Includes video of the Ngo violence, not quite the shoeing people have made it out to be.

5 minutes ago, moof said:

If you read that rag then it explains a lot 

I am certainly not a regular reader, but the idea that it is far right is preposterous. The articles I have seen have been from a libertarian, pro free speech perspective

They certainly have no love for far left violence, so I can see why you don't like it.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm curious about these allegations. When you say that his work contributed to journalists being put on Nazi kill lists, what does that actually entail? If it was 'these Journalists need to be taken out' or something that amounts to it, rather than 'these Journalists are against free speech' or something similar, then he's clearly a bad egg. But I'd need to actually see these things before deciding. From what I can see he is somebody who is basically a libertarian, conservative blogger with a fancy title. 

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/quillette-antifa-journalist-smear-campaign.php

https://newrepublic.com/article/154205/quillettes-antifa-journalists-list-couldve-gotten-killed?utm_content=bufferd8552&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

7 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I am certainly not a regular reader, but the idea that it is far right is preposterous. The articles I have seen have been from a libertarian, pro free speech perspective

They certainly have no love for far left violence, so I can see why you don't like it.

Derp 

30 minutes ago, moof said:

He edits far right propaganda rag quilette, his work supposedly contributed to journalists being put on literal nazi kill lists, his racist rhetoric and targeting of CAIR Oregon (centre of American Islamic relations) led to them receiving death threats. He’s a fascist cheerleader, which is an inherently violent thing to be. He was given a black eye for his troubles and has now made hundreds of thousands of dollars from morons who donated to him out of sympathy. Doesn’t sound much like a victim to me

His philosophy is might is right. He just found out he isn't the might. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm curious about these allegations. When you say that his work contributed to journalists being put on Nazi kill lists, what does that actually entail? If it was 'these Journalists need to be taken out' or something that amounts to it, rather than 'these Journalists are against free speech' or something similar, then he's clearly a bad egg. But I'd need to actually see these things before deciding. From what I can see he is somebody who is basically a libertarian, conservative blogger with a fancy title. And it looks to me like he's the victim of violent abuse from a gang of absolute fucking cunts. 

Sorry mate, should’ve grouped this link with the other two. Hope you find them to be an interesting read

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/alt-right-antifa-death-threats-doxxing-quillette-a8966176.html

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moof said:

I'm not saying he didn't - I genuinely don't know - but the only mention of Ngo in either of those is 'Quillette writer Andy Ngo, who called attention to Lenihan’s work on Twitter'. 

EDIT: Thanks for the other link. I've just read it now. It helpfully actually links to the tweets, so I can see what the guy actually did. So appreciate that link. 

I honestly don't think that classes as being involved with any nazi kill-lists. I know I'm seeming to be a contrarian on this, but I just spend the last half an hour reading both his articles (he's shite) and his twitter (shite), but I don't think it's fair to call him far-right, nazi kill-list contributing, or whatever else. Obviously I disagree with most of what he says, but I'd say to you... be a bit careful about laying down with these violent Antifa dogs, you'll get up with flees. If that's the cure to people like Ngo, then I'm not so sure it's better than the disease. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm not saying he didn't - I genuinely don't know - but the only mention of Ngo in either of those is 'Quillette writer Andy Ngo, who called attention to Lenihan’s work on Twitter'. 

EDIT: Thanks for the other link. I've just read it now. It helpfully actually links to the tweets, so I can see what the guy actually did. So appreciate that link. 

I honestly don't think that classes as being involved with any nazi kill-lists. I know I'm seeming to be a contrarian on this, but I just spend the last half an hour reading both his articles (he's shite) and his twitter (shite), but I don't think it's fair to call him far-right, nazi kill-list contributing, or whatever else. Obviously I disagree with most of what he says, but I'd say to you... be a bit careful about laying down with these violent Antifa dogs, you'll get up with flees. If that's the cure to people like Ngo, then I'm not so sure it's better than the disease. 

If he’s the editor then I’ll hold him responsible for what is published in his shit rag. It’s far from the only time when his concerted targeting of various people has incited legitimate death threats. If you don’t think it’s fair to call him far right then that’s up to you mate, but the far right needs provocateurs like this cunt to give them some mainstream cred. He is as bad as them in my book. 

8 minutes ago, moof said:

If he’s the editor then I’ll hold him responsible for what is published in his shit rag. It’s far from the only time when his concerted targeting of various people has incited legitimate death threats. If you don’t think it’s fair to call him far right then that’s up to you mate, but the far right needs provocateurs like this cunt to give them some mainstream cred. He is as bad as them in my book. 

I think he's just a contributor, he's listed as 'author', but I don't know his history. That Lehman woman is the Editor, I think. TBH, that site isn't my bag so I don't know much about it. You make a fair point about him lending credibility to shit bags, though. I dunno, I still feel like kicking the shit out of people 20 on 1 is wrong, no matter which gaggle of cunts do it.