You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I reckon you could play anyone ahead of a base of Alisson, the usual back four and Fabinho and still get results.

--------------Alisson-------------

TAA----Matip----VvD------Robertson

-------------Fabinho----------------

-----Lee909----------3 Stacks----

Alan Sex----Moanero---Beef Stroganoff 

Not really got the legs to play in midfield these days and better in the left cutting in

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I reckon you could play anyone ahead of a base of Alisson, the usual back four and Fabinho and still get results.

Fuck off. I'd have to link up with Beef Stroganoff. Rather get sold to Bournemouth. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

hiuIJLs.jpg

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K

Its just a business to the Americans; they presumably put firm % caps. on increases to expenditure season-on-season. We'll have a number of expensive contract renewals in the works if not already completed (there's good grounds to say that Alisson, VVD, Mane, Salah, Firminho, Fabinho should all be among the 30-40 highest paid players in the world .. we've got a few others not far behind..) which presumably have eaten up all the budget. Its galling because it really shouldn't be a situation where we get two chunky contracts off the bill in Sturridge & Moren and still have nothing to invest after a record-breaking revenue season .. but I guess its the way it is. We are close to having a dynasty-building squad .. how close will come down to how good Brewster actually is in competitive matches.

Wonder why we didn't sell Lallana and Lovren, Mingolet, Shaqiri to reduce the wage bill to be honest if that's anything to go by. 

Sounds like we will have a clear out over the next year and buy a couple of players then. 

31 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Wonder why we didn't sell Lallana and Lovren, Mingolet, Shaqiri to reduce the wage bill to be honest if that's anything to go by. 

Sounds like we will have a clear out over the next year and buy a couple of players then. 

If we sold them, then we'd still spend fuck all and have even less players than we do already.

Looks like the only way the European champs and 7th richest club in world football can buy players will be a big sale next summer. Look out for some early rumblings of Mane to Madrid.

We're the only big club that has any outgoings - which is unfortunate.

People will make any excuses for FSG, even as they cynically try to trademark "Liverpool".

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Horus said:

If we sold them, then we'd still spend fuck all and have even less players than we do already.

Looks like the only way the European champs and 7th richest club in world football can buy players will be a big sale next summer. Look out for some early rumblings of Mane to Madrid.

We're the only big club that has any outgoings - which is unfortunate.

Yep. Don’t want to see us sell anybody else who might get a few games, including Wilson, if we’re not buying. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Wow. Couldn’t even get a Championship Club. 

I just don’t see anything there.  It seemed mental at the time when he was getting preferential treatment over Wilson and it’s been proven right.  His success at international level just shows you how bad that standard of football is.  He will live off getting games for Liverpool for another 2/3 years but it’s hard to see where he goes from there.

Strange old summer.

I mean, as people have said, if it's down to wages then why not ship out the likes of Lallana, Shaqiri, Mignolet, even Lovren.  We're still keeping hold Grujic when it seems we could get a fee for him. 

So there's that.

The other thing is the lack of actual quality around Europe this summer. 

We saw some middle class or possible high bracket talent go for big prices, like:

Lucas Hernandez to Bayern - £68m

De Ligt to Juventus - £67m

De Jong to Barca - £65m

Rodri to Man City - £62m

Jovic to Madrid - £57m

NDombele to Spurs - £55m

Wan Bissaka to United - £45m

Mendy to Madrid - £44m

Haller to West Ham - £40m

Joelinton to Newcastle - £40m

Tielemans to Leicester - £40m

Saliba to Arsenal - £27m

Lookman to Leipzig - £22m

Trippier to Atleti - £20m

I struggle to see much on that list to make me think they would walk into our first XI.  You can see that the market is a bit fucked from seeing what we got for Ings (£18m). 

That said, there were a few transfers this summer that caught the eye in terms of potential vfm:

Ezri Konsa to Villa (£12m)

Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth (£13m)

Maxi Gomez to Valencia (£13m)

Bruma to PSV (£13m)

Billing to Bournemouth (£15m)

Sarabia to PSG (£16m)

Fekir to Betis (£17m)

Theo Hernandez to Milan (£18m)

Diawara to Roma (£18m)

Brandt to Dortmund (£22m)

Militao to Madrid (£44m)

But...none of them really fit out front 3 mould, maybe Maxi Gomez, but that's about it. 

You can only assume that we do have funds, and that the decision was taken by Klopp to keep the money until next summer.  Klopp made comment about not having crazy money like other clubs, which it seems was meant to refer to the likes of Felix to Atleti (£113m), and Griezmann to Barca (£107m).  I don't even think he meant Rodri to City, because you just don't see why Klopp would have wanted him.

Next summer signals a change in a lot of things, not least that we will have a much better idea of the upper ceilings for the likes of Brewster and Elliott, but also know for sure if injury or otherwise has gotten the better of Ox, Keita, Shaqiri, Lallana and Milner. Not to mention the risk you have to factor-in of one of the front 3 demanding a move. 

It's therefore very clear that next summer is going to be a time where you need options, and to have options you need money, so there's no point in throwing it around now.  

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I just don’t see anything there.  It seemed mental at the time when he was getting preferential treatment over Wilson and it’s been proven right.  His success at international level just shows you how bad that standard of football is.  He will live off getting games for Liverpool for another 2/3 years but it’s hard to see where he goes from there.

I think we will sell him after a year and we will get about 2m for him.like you, I didn't see what all the fuss was about. 

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I mean, as people have said, if it's down to wages then why not ship out the likes of Lallana, Shaqiri, Mignolet, even Lovren.  We're still keeping hold Grujic when it seems we could get a fee for him.

I would assume Lallana is in a Sturridge situation, whereby we'd be lucky to find anyone to take him on even just on the wages hes at such is his fitness record, before you even begin thinking about a fee. And if finding a tangible improvement means he goes and we have to spend 20/30 mil + the same sort of wages he commands now ..

Shaqiri & Lovren are probably the only 2 there materially worth anything .. unless Lovren was going to make space for a talent like Hernandez or De Ligt, there's not much point at all in moving him on. 

They're pushing the Brewster narrative a lot at the moment (he's all over the club social media + Klopp is speaking about him regularly), so presumably there really is a fixed plan for him to get sizeable minutes this year.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Strange old summer.

So there's that.

The other thing is the lack of actual quality around Europe this summer. 

We saw some middle class or possible high bracket talent go for big prices, like:

Lucas Hernandez to Bayern - £68m

De Ligt to Juventus - £67m

De Jong to Barca - £65m

Rodri to Man City - £62m

Jovic to Madrid - £57m

NDombele to Spurs - £55m

Wan Bissaka to United - £45m

Mendy to Madrid - £44m

Haller to West Ham - £40m

Joelinton to Newcastle - £40m

Tielemans to Leicester - £40m

Saliba to Arsenal - £27m

Lookman to Leipzig - £22m

Trippier to Atleti - £20m

I struggle to see much on that list to make me think they would walk into our first XI.  You can see that the market is a bit fucked from seeing what we got for Ings (£18m). 

That said, there were a few transfers this summer that caught the eye in terms of potential vfm:

Ezri Konsa to Villa (£12m)

Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth (£13m)

Maxi Gomez to Valencia (£13m)

Bruma to PSV (£13m)

Billing to Bournemouth (£15m)

Sarabia to PSG (£16m)

Fekir to Betis (£17m)

Theo Hernandez to Milan (£18m)

Diawara to Roma (£18m)

Brandt to Dortmund (£22m)

Militao to Madrid (£44m)

But...none of them really fit out front 3 mould, maybe Maxi Gomez, but that's about it. 

You can only assume that we do have funds, and that the decision was taken by Klopp to keep the money until next summer.  Klopp made comment about not having crazy money like other clubs, which it seems was meant to refer to the likes of Felix to Atleti (£113m), and Griezmann to Barca (£107m).  I don't even think he meant Rodri to City, because you just don't see why Klopp would have wanted him.

Next summer signals a change in a lot of things, not least that we will have a much better idea of the upper ceilings for the likes of Brewster and Elliott, but also know for sure if injury or otherwise has gotten the better of Ox, Keita, Shaqiri, Lallana and Milner. Not to mention the risk you have to factor-in of one of the front 3 demanding a move. 

It's therefore very clear that next summer is going to be a time where you need options, and to have options you need money, so there's no point in throwing it around now.  

Brandt to Dortmund for 22 million is a steal. I'm surprised Klopp didn't follow up his interest in this lad. He predominantly plays left wing but can also play in a more attacking midfield role and also on the right wing. Scores goals and had quite a few assists last season. Only 23 n all.