You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

How incapable could a team of lawyers actually be to miss a "loophole" like that though? 

You'd expect a YTS trainee to spot that one a mile off

I think City just delayed and delayed the investigation and hearings until time ran out. 

• Upvote 1

I think we will lose out again to the cheating bastards, that's if we finish second. I think you need much more than a 5 point cushion in the second half of the season. We are watching Ben Johnson hoovering up all the medals everyone knowing he's cheated to win them but looking the other way.

In the meantime here is the unconscionable prick Martin Samuel's take on PSR.

Nothing about how none of Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Spurs et al are having these 'problems'. Or that the only thing that clubs need to be able to do to comply with PSR - which they all agreed to - is to be able to count.

IMG_3699.jpg

• Upvote 1

His conclusion is fucking weird. So what's the game about billionaires using it as a plaything and all other clubs dying in the process because the inflation caused by these cunts isn't sustainable for 99 percent of teams. Martin Samuel isn't a journalist he's a PR agent and he would sell his time for any tyrant that asked if the price is right.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, aws said:

I think City just delayed and delayed the investigation and hearings until time ran out. 

There used to be a loophole like this for speeding tickets, I got away with it twice just by stalling. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

His conclusion is fucking weird. So what's the game about billionaires using it as a plaything and all other clubs dying in the process because the inflation caused by these cunts isn't sustainable for 99 percent of teams. Martin Samuel isn't a journalist he's a PR agent and he would sell his time for any tyrant that asked if the price is right.

image.jpeg

"and he's also fat"

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, UnwelcomeinPeru said:

In the meantime here is the unconscionable prick Martin Samuel's take on PSR.

Nothing about how none of Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Spurs et al are having these 'problems'. Or that the only thing that clubs need to be able to do to comply with PSR - which they all agreed to - is to be able to count.

IMG_3699.jpg

That surely is not him sat on that wooden stool. The H&S team would have a field day.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

What we can't do is drop points at Goodison or Old Trafford. We are so superior and need to rise above those rivalries. 

If we got through to the quarter finals of the FA Cup the away derby would be rearranged so that wouldn’t be ideal. I remember us going there in a run-in during a busy period, looking a bit gassed and drawing.

3 hours ago, kemskem said:

If we got through to the quarter finals of the FA Cup the away derby would be rearranged so that wouldn’t be ideal. I remember us going there in a run-in during a busy period, looking a bit gassed and drawing.

The hope will be City struggle through Spurs and get the Mancs then. Likewise, in Europe, they get a few shitty draws to keep them bogged down.

I've said it time and time again until I'm fucking blue in the face, but Samuel's point is absolutely nonsensical unless you want to live in a completely dystopian footballing future.  It's like, I get it, there are successful clubs, success increases profile and increased profile leads to increased income, and increased income increases your chances of success. There is an element of unfairness there, with success and income being so closely intertwined that it leads to too much monopolisation of both.

But you can't declare that and then at the same stroke argue that the solution to it is to allow state funds into the game, because that link between income and success remains unbroken - it's just that the key to income is state wealth not success. You'd still have a group of clubs entrenched at the top, plus then all the former giants some way behind them, and then the smaller clubs behind that. Success is still monopolised, and you've still got fuck all chance of glory unless you can get the income.

Fatty Samuel thinks it's both more likely and more fair if your increased income is gained through flashing your knickers at the next state investors in town, rather than through being able to build up your squad and climbing the table. It's fucking bullshit - and recent events (e.g. the rise of Spurs as a Big 6 team, the clown show at Old Trafford, the canny operations at Villa and Brighton) show how PSR can make the league a far more competitive place as a whole rather than just randomly and arbitrarily elevating a couple of non-clubs into the stratosphere with Middle Eastern oil money.

He's a fucking idiot.

• Upvote 13

Oh and he mocks the idea of balance sheets on an open-top parade and it shows what a fucking demagogue simpleton he is. Aye, none of us are in this for the accounting - but at least in his analogy there's an actual fucking club to parade the balance sheet, instead of a hollowed out ghost that's had to restart in the fifteenth tier.

Fucking idiot.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

And a cunt

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The hope will be City struggle through Spurs and get the Mancs then. Likewise, in Europe, they get a few shitty draws to keep them bogged down.

Hopefully fixture congestion in general would be mitigated by players settling into the first team of late when they’ve had their chance. I suppose I just always worry about our squad depth compared to City’s.

Bluemoon isn't taking that article well. They were under the impression that Alexander Ceferin had been bought and paid for. Interesting timing for that kind of interview, they are the champions of his flagship competition and he's openly saying they all knew they cheated. He must be aware they are toast to speak so publicly like that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kemskem said:

Hopefully fixture congestion in general would be mitigated by players settling into the first team of late when they’ve had their chance. I suppose I just always worry about our squad depth compared to City’s.

Even discounting Matip, Thiago, Bajcetic and Doak, our reserve team looks something like this:

Kelleher

Bradley Gomez Quansah Tsimikas

Elliott Endo Gravenberch 

Clark Gakpo Diaz

(8 of tonight's side).

Man City's reserve XI looks like this:

Ortega

Lewis Akanji Gvardiol Gomez

Kovacic Phillips Nunes

Bobb Alvarez Grealish

Phillips might be off in this window which weakens them on paper. If there eleven is better, it isn’t by much at all,  and the good thing is that Klopp trusts our players. Guardiola doesn’t seem to want to play 4 of their above subs, at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Samuel is not an idiot, the column inches and soundbites of positive spin he throws out have been paid for.

He knows what side his bread is larded on.

He was doing the same when the Russian gangster first took over Chelsea. The man's an utter cunt.

• Upvote 1

On 24/01/2024 at 17:28, Manny said:

I've said it time and time again until I'm fucking blue in the face, but Samuel's point is absolutely nonsensical unless you want to live in a completely dystopian footballing future.  It's like, I get it, there are successful clubs, success increases profile and increased profile leads to increased income, and increased income increases your chances of success. There is an element of unfairness there, with success and income being so closely intertwined that it leads to too much monopolisation of both.

But you can't declare that and then at the same stroke argue that the solution to it is to allow state funds into the game, because that link between income and success remains unbroken - it's just that the key to income is state wealth not success. You'd still have a group of clubs entrenched at the top, plus then all the former giants some way behind them, and then the smaller clubs behind that. Success is still monopolised, and you've still got fuck all chance of glory unless you can get the income.

Fatty Samuel thinks it's both more likely and more fair if your increased income is gained through flashing your knickers at the next state investors in town, rather than through being able to build up your squad and climbing the table. It's fucking bullshit - and recent events (e.g. the rise of Spurs as a Big 6 team, the clown show at Old Trafford, the canny operations at Villa and Brighton) show how PSR can make the league a far more competitive place as a whole rather than just randomly and arbitrarily elevating a couple of non-clubs into the stratosphere with Middle Eastern oil money.

He's a fucking idiot.

He's not an idiot. He's on the payroll. Or at least his son is. 

On 24/01/2024 at 15:07, Vincent Vega said:

Shame they basically let them off if he actually believes this. 

IMG_1702.jpeg

The fraud with the checkbook has piped up saying he should ‘respect the procedure’, like Citeh did when refusing to submit requested financial documents?