Quantcast
Champion League Draw - 13/04/2018 - Page 11 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeyJar

Champion League Draw - 13/04/2018

Apparently Roma are yet to concede a single goal at home in the champions league this season.

Wait 'til they get a load of me!!

skysports-salah-liverpool_4279329.jpg

Agree with DS , why the hell would UEFA want to guarantee us or Roma in the final , surely they are bemoaning losing a Real / Bayern possible final.

Maybe they lacked confidence in Bayern and Real both making it through and wanted to avoid a Liverpool Roma final.

After man city, Barca and very nearly Madrid all going out in the quarters they might have decided to guarantee at least one of the two going through.

Maybe they lacked confidence in Bayern and Real both making it through and wanted to avoid a Liverpool Roma final.

After man city, Barca and very nearly Madrid all going out in the quarters they might have decided to guarantee at least one of the two going through.

See what you are saying Aventus , but it's a bit of a stretch.

Lets face it Roma are equally as happy with that draw

As were Porto.

Very happy with the draw even if I would have preferred to be away first. No guarantees but we're a good side and we have a great chance of making the final. No way I ever believed that would happen at the beginning of the season.

DaveF says....

icon-options.png

Post by Davef on 26 minutes ago

Liverpool have drawn Roma in the ECL semi final with the first leg at Anfield.

They should have plenty to play for in the second leg, so the odds of them fielding a weakened team against us has probably grown stronger.

Also, where do you all stand on cargo pants? I think it practically identifies you as coming from Stoke.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/278454/dippers-away?page=2#ixzz5CYKk0nOQ

Neil Warnock does not like this post

Hopefully Lazio and Inter can keep the pressure up and force them to play full strength teams

Yep... Lazio hopefully beat them this weekend, Lucas hattrick

If they were going to fix the draw, why would they tell Roma about it beforehand? Saying that, as soon as I saw that screenshot this morning, I was convinced we'd get Roma. Mad that they had it as second leg in Rome on the correct date as well

Roma's 3 nil against Barca was a very good result. You have to be wary of a team who can do that. And who have a great home record.

But...

The 3 they got against Barca were arguably more down to poor defending than good attacking.

The first was a ball over the top. The defenders left it. The keeper stayed on his line and then still should've done better when he finally decided to come out.

The second was a cheaply conceded penalty by Pique.

The third was a near post flick header to the back post. Poor marking for the initial near post run. A man on the back post may have kept it out too.

I think we'll have enough over the two legs.

Not the first time a complete champions league draw has leaked.  I seem to recall a q/f stage doing so one year.  Possibly the time we got PSV.

DaveF says....

icon-options.png

Post by Davef on 26 minutes ago

Liverpool have drawn Roma in the ECL semi final with the first leg at Anfield.

They should have plenty to play for in the second leg, so the odds of them fielding a weakened team against us has probably grown stronger.

Also, where do you all stand on cargo pants? I think it practically identifies you as coming from Stoke.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/278454/dippers-away?page=2#ixzz5CYKk0nOQ

But we will have an extra day's rest. I thought being 3rd or 4th out the hat means you play on Wednesday and Tuesday so pleased about that. Not so pleased about potentially playing Bayern in white/green if they manage revenge on Real.