You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away, Saturday 7th April 12.30

Grinch

Why?

He was worse then both Ings and Solanke combined when he came on.

Whisper it, but he was just as shite v city also.

Yeah, we definitely don't lose anything if a player who has directly contributed to 37 goals this season gets injured and his replacements are someone with no knee ligaments and a kid with no Premier League goals.

With this and the Salah thing, you've got to be intentionally playing a grumpy character, right? Like, this can't be someone's actual opinion, right?

The definition of stalemate. We never got out of second gear and Everton didn't have more than 2 gears in them anyway.

Solanke should have scored in the first half from a snap shot but he hit it straight at Pickford. He also put a header wide when well placed. Milner had a curled attempt saved by Pickford, Wijnaldum blasted one well over and Mane hit onehigh and wide. That was pretty much that when it came to our attacking endeavours. In the second half, I can only remember AOC running into space and blasting a shot over the angle of post and bar from the edge of the area.

And despite the paucity of chances, it was us that played on the front foot. Everton resorted to default mode, getting everyone behind the ball and sitting deep. This was their chance to get one over on us and they didn't take it. Tosun hit a shot over the bar on the turn, and Karius made an excellent stop to deny Bolasie, but that's all they had to show for the first half.

I thought both Clyne and Klavan tired in the last 15 minutes, and Everton started getting the ball in dangerous position and fizzing crosses into the box. Tosun failed to get on the end of one such cross from Baines, and he put a header wide of the far post when he had the whole goal to aim at. Tom Daley then failed to hit the target when he had a free shot at goal. The useless cheating fuck is only good for falling over in the box with minimal/no contact, so it's no surprise he had no idea what to do there.

Shit game, and hopefully no injuries. Regardless, we will finish the job on Tuesday night at City.

Two lessons learned: Everton are absolutely atrocious; Solanke and Ings are nowhere near good enough, even as squad players.

Agree with this. Solanke has time, a loan probably the best for him, while Ings is a solid citizen but not at the level we need. Top fella and deserves a lot of credit for fighting back to play, but he needs a gig at a lower Prem team, IMO.

i feel like its harsh to rate Ings off this game because he’s not a wide player and never really has been. He’d be best deployed in a partnership.

He wont ever get that consistently here under Klopp though so, as much as he clearly wants to be here, its probably best for both parties if he moves on.

I don’t think either are anything like what we would want to have as our options immediately below the main front 3, but also feel it’s too harsh to judge them definitively on today when they’ve replaced Bobby and Mo in a mismash of a b-team playing at half pace.

Drop either of them into the otherwise first eleven in a meaningful game and I doubt they’d look so underwhelming. Coming off Wednesday it’s like they made the side toothless on their own, but there’s more to it than that. Not as though Bobby tore it up when he came on.

As I say, concerning that they’re all we have in reserve, but fair’s fair.

• Upvote 3

I don’t think either are anything like what we would want to have as our options immediately below the main front 3, but also feel it’s too harsh to judge them definitively on today when they’ve replaced Bobby and Mo in a mismash of a b-team playing at half pace.

Drop either of them into the otherwise first eleven in a meaningful game and I doubt they’d look so underwhelming. Coming off Wednesday it’s like they made the side toothless on their own, but there’s more to it than that. Not as though Bobby tore it up when he came on.

As I say, concerning that they’re all we have in reserve, but fair’s fair.

Your superior intellect is no match for my puny weapons, No.

Whisper it, but he was just as shite v city also.

Why the fuck whisper it?

Have the courage of your convictions and shout it from the rooftops.  From the top of the Royal Liver Building next time you bring your Euros to town.

He was emblematic of our shit performance against City, WASN'T HE EVERYONE??!!

Think the criticism of Solankes missed chances are a bit harsh. Even Mo or Bobby might not have scored those. The header was inches wide while the shot in the box came to him as a result of a rebound. Could have gone in the net but did not. The lad harried well and despite what people think you are not going to get a striker with a good strike rate sitting on the bench at best or just in the squad at worst for days like this when he is called on to play.

• Upvote 1