You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Sporting Lisbon spent a lot of money on shills. I wonder which other clubs are at it cough cough.

The plot thickens

The situation at Sporting Clube de Portugal is messy. When the club failed to qualify for the Champions League last season, players were attacked at the training ground by angry fans, and several players demanded to be released from their contracts.

And it just got a whole lot messier, with the revelation from Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã that the club has apparently spent half a million euros annually on social media companies, building bots and fake social media accounts in an attempt to shift public opinion back in the club's favour.

According to the the newspaper, "this form of communication was fundamental to Bruno de Carvalho and to the 'war' made to Benfica, and this was the way of spreading unconfirmed information, half truths or simple rumours."

This could lead to an irreparable break in trust between the fans and the club, and will not do the club any favours in trying to persuade some key players to stay.

William Carvalho in particular looks likely to move on. He has been linked with a move to the Premier League for years, but now he seems set for a move to Real Betis, according to reports. Either way, he will be more determined than ever to get out of the club he's played for since 2011

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/sporting-lisbon-spent-half-a-million-euros-on-fake-social-media-accounts-to-shift-public-opinion-of-club-188917?__twitter_impression=true

Not Origi's biggest fan , but he would have offered far more than Ings & Solanke last season.

We are unlikely to be as lucky with injuries to the front three as last season , so I would clear out Sturridge & Ings , loan out Solanke, bring back Origi and buy another forward ( Fekir would be ideal as a double-whammy for mids & attack )

Sporting Lisbon spent a lot of money on shills. I wonder which other clubs are at it cough cough.

The plot thickens

The situation at Sporting Clube de Portugal is messy. When the club failed to qualify for the Champions League last season, players were attacked at the training ground by angry fans, and several players demanded to be released from their contracts.

And it just got a whole lot messier, with the revelation from Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã that the club has apparently spent half a million euros annually on social media companies, building bots and fake social media accounts in an attempt to shift public opinion back in the club's favour.

According to the the newspaper, "this form of communication was fundamental to Bruno de Carvalho and to the 'war' made to Benfica, and this was the way of spreading unconfirmed information, half truths or simple rumours."

This could lead to an irreparable break in trust between the fans and the club, and will not do the club any favours in trying to persuade some key players to stay.

William Carvalho in particular looks likely to move on. He has been linked with a move to the Premier League for years, but now he seems set for a move to Real Betis, according to reports. Either way, he will be more determined than ever to get out of the club he's played for since 2011

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/sporting-lisbon-spent-half-a-million-euros-on-fake-social-media-accounts-to-shift-public-opinion-of-club-188917?__twitter_impression=true

Don’t Sporting have local journos to do this dirty work for them. Much like ours have managed very successfully.

Thank fuck that world cup nonsense is over with, time for the real deal...

Bullshit transfer rumours invented by lazy journos!

Can't wait til Mane is linked to Madrid, and Bobby linked to Barcelona.

We'll be linked with anything with a pulse, and James Pearce will have to work overtime just to keep up with shooting every one of them down, probably smirking at us as he does it.

And I'll fall for the bullshit headlines and click on the bullshit clickbait, and get my hopes up and end up disappointed.

I've missed this.

That young Engurland goalkeeper seems good.. who does he play for we should sign him up

Before we do that we should look at how shite he was last season and not get swayed by one game.

He would be wrote off on here with everyone crying for a new keeper if he had such form for us.

Before we do that we should look at how shite he was last season and not get swayed by one game.

He would be wrote off on here with everyone crying for a new keeper if he had such form for us.

I like him. He’s clearly got balls and he’s a very good goalkeeper.

Me To, the lads distribution would suit us to a tee, I don't know what the cost would be to sign him but deffo worth an inquiry

Yeah, his distribution is very decent.

Bar a few obvious clangers, the overall standard of ‘keeping in the tournament has been really good.

One player I've liked watching at the World Cup is Rebic.

Not going to get in our first team unless there are injuries, but a good squad player and can play anywhere in the front three. A good altenative to Bobby because of his work rate, which we don't really have.

Has pace, big fucker, skillful and works his nuts off.

Sell Ings, Origi and Sturridge to fund it.