You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22nd Jan PL, The Swans better Duck, the Liver Birds are in town. Swansea v Liverpool

Guest Pistonbroke

You're a complete wanker

You are the typical throw your toys out the pram cunt who could not wait for us to lose a game so you could slate Klopp.

It must have been a miserable 3 months for you

We were shit today, not as bad as some might think, we missed 3 or 4 really easy chances. They got a bit of luck and scored a scruffy goal. I know it's happened to us many times before but we haven't lost a game since October. Slating Klopp or the players today is just stupid. All unbeaten runs come to an end. Just ask Man city.

Gutted we threw away 3 points but this happens in football sometimes. 

How can this be remotely true? I've been saying the same fucking thing the entire fucking window, and even in the summer, and even after we smashed man city, because ITS FUCKING TRUE

Danny fucking Ings and Adam Lallana are NOT capable deputies. Wijnaldum is fucking average at best. Even if we won today that would all still be true. 

You truly have to be fucking weird in the head to read my unhappiness at us getting beat as me being....happy that we got beat. I want us to win every fucking game and accolade. How can that possibly make me somebody who is waiting for the manager to fail?

Fuck off man. 

• Upvote 1

Bad day at the office.

We need to strengthen our match winning options sans Coutinho. There was still plenty on that pitch today to win at Swansea, and even with a poor display we should have seen goals from Mane, Salah and Firmino.

Results like this one will only keep discontent rumbling on about letting Coutinho go at this stage of the season, and if we accept that we ‘had’ to, then it seems remiss/negligent to not strengthen further.

Bad day at the office.

We need to strengthen our match winning options sans Coutinho. There was still plenty on that pitch today to win at Swansea, and even with a poor display we should have seen goals from Mane, Salah and Firmino.

Results like this one will only keep discontent rumbling on about letting Coutinho go at this stage of the season, and if we accept that we ‘had’ to, then it seems remiss/negligent to not strengthen further.

The 'problem' with the whole replacing Coutinho argument is that I honestly think the club or more importantly Klopp think they already have 'replaced' him not directly but certainly in terms of reshaping the squad and that was why we signed AOC at the end of the summer window....

We only start 3 midfielders a game and have Wijnaldum, Can, Lallana, Henderson, AOC and Milner with Keita coming in the summer - and I think Klopp sees that as being enough/what he wants to go with...otherwise we would have been all over a Coutinho "replacement" by now.

AOC was added to the ranks with the money fronted up by FSG knowing that Coutinho was a goner and the VVD signing was the rest of that money (more or less)

We simply have not spent the sort of money that has been spent on VVD/AOC/Keita (unless it has come from sales) and I don't see how that suddenly changes now - I keep reading people say we have 100 odd million 'in the bank' after the Coutinho sale, I just don't believe we do.

I am not saying this is necessarily a situation I agree/think should be the case but I do think it is the case.

People hoping/waiting/asking for the Coutinho replacement are IMHO people gonna be disappointed.

Keita is our big money summer signing and we'll probably stump up for a keeper and an attacker for a modest (ish) investment and what we can raise from sales in the summer.

I hope I am wrong.

• Upvote 2

We did pick the two more defensive full backs against the worst team in the league. Little surprised at this.

Re- an tha

I really hope you're wrong, because Keita is the only top class midfielder amongst that lot, and from what I've seen he's unlikely to replace the goals, assists and general creativity of Coutinho. He'll be a really good box to box midfielder, no? In our squad of bang average ones.

Without some attempt to fix this midfield we are going to put enormous pressure on the front three, and see a lot more games like tonight. The games against the good sides will be fine. The midfield three will spend 90 minutes sprinting without the ball, and the front three will counter with it. But in games where you require some finesse, some intricacy, we are going to fall flat.

• Upvote 1

Few suggestions that might help against Bus parkers, Play Mane and Salah on their natural side á la Man City to stretch teams and pull defenders out of place, play Firmino off an out and out centre forward. No Doubting his quality, and Firmino against the better sides is instrumental and our most important player but we need someone in there who plays between the posts and will get first to crosses and is good in the air. ...

Agree. Bobby was pulled deep a lot and we need to make changes that allowed our front three to buzz around their box. Perhaps Gini for Adam; and TAA for Gomez would have done this.

Very disappointing performance. 

We need to just throw the ball in the box a few times. You don’t need a 6ft 2 centre forward to put a defender off to get a poor clearance which can lead to a chance. The problem I find in these games is that the opposition is so negative that it gives every player 2 or 3 easy options every time they get the ball. It’s okay taking these options when it’s the first time you get the ball but we end up doing 20 passes before we invariably give it away being too intricate or try some laughable pot shot.

We need to be braver on the ball and not be afraid to give it away because that is what draws the mistakes out.

• Upvote 1

To anybody thats actually played 11 aside football, I cant see what is so difficult about a team that defends like that. Its bizzarre. Id have loved playing a team like that.

Why did we keep trying to go wide and float delicate crosses in to a sea of white shirts?  You have to change your approach. Set your attack in banks of 3 and 4 and just run in straight lines at them. Dont try and thread through them, theres too many of them.

If you keep just running centrally at them, eventually you will get a bobble/deflection that gives an opportunity. They will change their approach as they will realise they cant face that for 90mins. What they can cope with is tentative build up and sideways passes, light crosses and ballooning shots over the bar. They can only clear the ball and you will receive it back as there isnt anyone for them to clear too.

Keep it central and persist.

Wijnaldum was pretty awful last night, I watched him as much as I could and he spent large parts walking around, even when we were on the break.

Thought Robertson was the only player putting a shift in.

We are likely to beat Spurs with Wiljnaldum having a great game. 

It does appear that we made contact with Lepzig regards bringing Keita move forward, suggesting we identified the need to strengthen. That drew a blank so we are are sitting tight.

We all laugh at Conte who is getting linked with target men past their best, but in fairness to him, he's identified an area that he know needs cover and options, cant get a long term solution this month, so is trying to find a stop gap- something/someone is better than nothing at all.

I have no doubt we will recover quickly from this but its so frustrating that we arent showing signs of improvement  when faced with teams like last night

• Upvote 1

To anybody thats actually played 11 aside football, I cant see what is so difficult about a team that defends like that. Its bizzarre. Id have loved playing a team like that.

Why did we keep trying to go wide and float delicate crosses in to a sea of white shirts?  You have to change your approach. Set your attack in banks of 3 and 4 and just run in straight lines at them. Dont try and thread through them, theres too many of them.

If you keep just running centrally at them, eventually you will get a bobble/deflection that gives an opportunity. They will change their approach as they will realise they cant face that for 90mins. What they can cope with is tentative build up and sideways passes, light crosses and ballooning shots over the bar. They can only clear the ball and you will receive it back as there isnt anyone for them to clear too.

Keep it central and persist.

Wijnaldum was pretty awful last night, I watched him as much as I could and he spent large parts walking around, even when we were on the break.

Thought Robertson was the only player putting a shift in.

We are likely to beat Spurs with Wiljnaldum having a great game. 

It does appear that we made contact with Lepzig regards bringing Keita move forward, suggesting we identified the need to strengthen. That drew a blank so we are are sitting tight.

We all laugh at Conte who is getting linked with target men past their best, but in fairness to him, he's identified an area that he know needs cover and options, cant get a long term solution this month, so is trying to find a stop gap- something/someone is better than nothing at all.

I have no doubt we will recover quickly from this but its so frustrating that we arent showing signs of improvement  when faced with teams like last night

Rinus Michels over here.

Only kidding, some fair points there. Still, what's as big a problem for me is the fall in intensity from a game against Manchester City to last night. It's understandable to a degree, but everything is turned down a notch or two too low. Only Robertson displayed some of the manic hassling and niggling that he showed last week.

I appreciate that we still might not have won or even drawn, but both games had the same reward in terms of points. Yet again, I'd question the character of the players.

I thought Can put in a really good shift last night, but he shouldn't be the guy looking to make defence-splitting passes because he doesn't have that finesse to his game. Lallana has to start from now on.

Robertson, Gomez, Matip and Van Dijk all took some woeful shots at goal last night, some of them several times, which suggests to me it was part of our tactical approach. I hope we don't see it again. 

Rinus Michels over here.

Only kidding, some fair points there. Still, what's as big a problem for me is the fall in intensity from a game against Manchester City to last night. It's understandable to a degree, but everything is turned down a notch or two too low. Only Robertson displayed some of the manic hassling and niggling that he showed last week.

I appreciate that we still might not have won or even drawn, but both games had the same reward in terms of points. Yet again, I'd question the character of the players.

I thought Can put in a really good shift last night, but he shouldn't be the guy looking to make defence-splitting passes because he doesn't have that finesse to his game. Lallana has to start from now on.

Robertson, Gomez, Matip and Van Dijk all took some woeful shots at goal last night, some of them several times, which suggests to me it was part of our tactical approach. I hope we don't see it again. 

To be fair, it was more John Gregory than Rinus Michels...(who I had to google!)