You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

With Lazar, it’s no secret that if he finds a club then we will negotiate. It was like this last year too,” Klopp told the ECHO.

“He’s a really good player. I like him as a person.

“He’s now fit and another one who is in the best shape since I’ve known him.

“Before he had problems with his groin but now he’s good. There will be a club out there who needs him.”

With Lazar, it’s no secret that if he finds a club then we will negotiate. It was like this last year too,” Klopp told the ECHO.

“He’s a really good player. I like him as a person.

“He’s now fit and another one who is in the best shape since I’ve known him.

“Before he had problems with his groin but now he’s good. There will be a club out there who needs him.”

The nice way of saying just fuck off, please someone buy him.

Rumours that Leipzig have turned down 75m for Keita. Might have to move on as it looks like they aren't interested in selling.

Questions need to be asked how we can be a few weeks away from starting the season and only realising now that one of the top targets the manager wants we can't get.

Questions need to be asked how we can be a few weeks away from starting the season and only realising now that one of the top targets the manager wants we can't get.

Its what we do.... Its now ingrained in the clubs DNA

In my honest opinion this whole thing depends on the next few weeks.Whether Liverpool get back amongst the elite or slip to mediocrity.Judging the first few games it's looked like a mirror of last season,even more exciting up front with abject panic at the back.If the defense,starting with a leader at centre back isn't signed then I think that we will slip away for a very long time.

Yeah it is a massive summer window....teams around us are getting stronger and spending big.

We stand at a crossroads where with the right additions we can really kick on, but standing still and not adding the quality and depth we need to a squad that whilst talented was stretched like fuck last season to cope on 3 fronts would be suicide given we have 4 to fight on this season.

Keep our best hopefully...add the depth and quality and improve the balance and consolidate at the least as a club who are in the cl and we can look to keep kicking on and building and attracting better players....stand still and allow those behind us to pass us/those ahead of us kick away more and it will be harder than ever to get back at them.

Massive summer and for me it has so far been once again one where we just seem to be going about our business without the urgency/intent needed.

We'll see what happens over coming days and weeks.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it is a massive summer window....teams around us are getting stronger and spending big.

We stand at a crossroads where with the right additions we can really kick on, but standing still and not adding the quality and depth we need to a squad that whilst talented was stretched like fuck last season to cope on 3 fronts would be suicide given we have 4 to fight on this season.

Keep our best hopefully...add the depth and quality and improve the balance and consolidate at the least as a club who are in the cl and we can look to keep kicking on and building and attracting better players....stand still and allow those behind us to pass us/those ahead of us kick away more and it will be harder than ever to get back at them.

Massive summer and for me it has so far been once again one where we just seem to be going about our business without the urgency/intent needed.

We'll see what happens over coming days and weeks.

Yes mate absolutely spot on.

Really surprised how blase a lot of guys are on here about selling Can for roughly the same amount as that Dutch nonentity Everton have signed. We moan and moan about squad depth & then just seem to accept really good players disappearing. No wonder FSG love owning us.

What, you mean like questions why 23 days into this fucking transfer window you mean? Fucks sake, you and others would be moaning about the club giving up early 'because FSG dont want to spend the money' if they did.

Some of you need to give your heads a shake.

Really surprised how blase a lot of guys are on here about selling Can for roughly the same amount as that Dutch nonentity Everton have signed. We moan and moan about squad depth & then just seem to accept really good players disappearing. No wonder FSG love owning us.

I know what you mean but if he had 3 years left I wouldn't sell him. But we could lose him for nothing if he refuses to sign an extension. It should have been resolved before this by the club.

Always baffles me how these talks drag on and on.

Club: Okay Emre, your contract runs out next year, we are prepared to offer you £90,000 a week

Emre: I want £120,000

Club: Right, well, we can go as high as £100,000

Emre: Meet in the middle, £110,000

Club: That suits us, we'll get that typed up right away.

How long does that take, 30 seconds?

It's up there with the length of time a prescription takes. All the chemist has to do is reach for a box of tablets but fire some reason that takes over 20 minutes or worse -"can you come back for it tomorrow? ". It's not like the chemist is using a mortar and pestle

• Upvote 1

We need to keep Can.

He needs to start playing like he does from March to May a lot earlier in the season.

Wijnaldum has been playing the deeper role when Henderson hasn't been playing. I wonder is klopp preparing for life without can.

I really like him and hope he stays.

Klaassen is a good player mate. He'll do well there.