You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

TheHowieLama

The lad is only just getting back to full fitness and he'll find himself on the bench soon enough. If not, maybe a month or 2 at a championship club will help him get match sharpness

Our other two strikers don't have the best injury records and with Mane off in January I wouldn't be surprised to see Ings come in on the right at some point.

He's a good player, but the way we are in attack he will spend a lot of time kicking his heels on the outside looking in. It will probably be better for his career to move on and be a regular at a lower or mid ranking Prem team, but then again, I like the lad and if he's OK working hard and being patient at Liverpool, his chance might come.

You suspect it will be to fill in, such as when Mane goes to the African Nations Cup, but even then, you would have to think that Origi and Sturridge - neither of whom started this weekend - would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

He's a solid citizen, and I like the lad, but he may just suffer at Liverpool from not quite being an elite player at a time when we appear to be going places.

He's a good player, but the way we are in attack he will spend a lot of time kicking his heels on the outside looking in. It will probably be better for his career to move on and be a regular at a lower or mid ranking Prem team, but then again, I like the lad and if he's OK working hard and being patient at Liverpool, his chance might come.

You suspect it will be to fill in, such as when Mane goes to the African Nations Cup, but even then, you would have to think that Origi and Sturridge - neither of whom started this weekend - would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

He's a solid citizen, and I like the lad, but he may just suffer at Liverpool from not quite being an elite player at a time when we appear to be going places.

Never knew he was a city fan? Kill the cunt
  • Upvote 1

Just to come back to this thread after it was derailed by Mr Goldman Sachs not simply admitting he was incorrect. It seems Ings is going to be on the periphery of the squad except for cup games or if we hit an injury crisis of epic proportions. And while I hope he does make it at the club,he does look quite a way behind the players getting regular football at the moment. Seems to have a good attitude though so I wish him well.

I can't say I wanted us to sign him but he was starting to prove me wrong.

I'd have thought he'd be the typical Klopp player as he works his bollocks off and never stops.

As you say it seems it's never going to happen here so expect him to be off in Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the person playing striker this season has scored in the league for us yet this season.

Firmino has scored when Sturridge has been leading the line & he's been in a more wide position.

Ings is certainly knocking on the door.

I don't think the person playing striker this season has scored in the league for us yet this season.

Firmino has scored when Sturridge has been leading the line & he's been in a more wide position.

Ings is certainly knocking on the door.

Ings isn't knocking on the door, he's kicked it off its hinges.  He looks ready to go back into the first team at the drop of a hat, but who do you drop ? 

Odds on at some point Origi or Sturridge will pick up an injury and Ings will get his chance.  And hopefully he'll grab it with both hands.  He's one player I'd really like to see making the grade here. 

• Upvote 1

I like him, and I'd like to see him get games if he merits it, but Klopp will be aware of the calibre of opposition he's playing against.  9 goals in 5 games against rubbish opposition is no indicator of anything except fitness and willingness to work hard.

True, but he's also playing with weaker players.

He's not had Mane, Firmino & Coutinho setting him up in these games.

Let's see. I've got no objection to him getting game time as opposed to origi and even Sturridge

I suspect he'll get his chance in the League Cup vs Spurs.