You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

I keep hearing these attacks are/could be in response to Isis recently losing territory, these attacks will have been organised over a long time not just threw together in response to recent events on the ground in Iraq/Syria.

The chances are there will be a load more with the floods of migrants across the continent being infiltrated with terrorists.

This is what I'm going on about.

You have identified a problem - that "floods of migrants" are likely to be "infiltrated with terrorists" and as a result, "the chances are there will be a load more" terrorist attacks.  It's not a problem that exists in the real world, but it's one that Nazis and racists the world over want us to believe.  But never mind that, let's assume the problem does exist, as you describe it.  It's a serious problem and clearly needs a serious solution.  

If the problem exists, as you have described it, then there is a need to protect the UK from these sneaky terrorist infiltrators.  But how?  By holding all the refugees from ISIS in a camp somewhere, while we screen them individually to be 100% certain that they're not ISIS themselves?  That doesn't sound practicable.

Or we could prevent all refugees from reaching the UK.  Inhuman, yes, but we've got to protect our own, surely.

And what if this fails to prevent further terrorist outrages?  (And it surely would fail.  After all, the London bombings in 2005 were carried out by British citizens.)  How do we then screen out the potential terrorists from the rest of their communities?  And what do we do to them, to make sure they can't get us?

All I'm really saying is, before you go posting dangerous nonsense like that, you need to think through (1) whether it's true and (2) where the logic of it leads.

Regarding the terrorists hiding amongst migrants concern, it's a legitimate one.

However, it's also entirely possible that a terrorist attack could be committed by a "clean skin" radicalised Muslim, with no previous profile with the intelligence authorities, who enters the UK legally either as an EU national or via legitimate channels, such as by a visitor/work/student visa.

What do you do? Ban every single Muslim from legally travelling to the UK, on a just in case kind of hunch?

This is what I'm going on about.

You have identified a problem - that "floods of migrants" are likely to be "infiltrated with terrorists" and as a result, "the chances are there will be a load more" terrorist attacks.  It's not a problem that exists in the real world, but it's one that Nazis and racists the world over want us to believe.  But never mind that, let's assume the problem does exist, as you describe it.  It's a serious problem and clearly needs a serious solution.  

If the problem exists, as you have described it, then there is a need to protect the UK from these sneaky terrorist infiltrators.  But how?  By holding all the refugees from ISIS in a camp somewhere, while we screen them individually to be 100% certain that they're not ISIS themselves?  That doesn't sound practicable.

Or we could prevent all refugees from reaching the UK.  Inhuman, yes, but we've got to protect our own, surely.

And what if this fails to prevent further terrorist outrages?  (And it surely would fail.  After all, the London bombings in 2005 were carried out by British citizens.)  How do we then screen out the potential terrorists from the rest of their communities?  And what do we do to them, to make sure they can't get us?

All I'm really saying is, before you go posting dangerous nonsense like that, you need to think through (1) whether it's true and (2) where the logic of it leads.

It makes too much sense for them to not use the crisis to their advantage whether you want difinitive proof or not. That is my opinion and a fucking valid one. Other then that I didn't state we should do anything about it because there isnt much we can do, so before you go off on one ranting about fucking racism you prick do us a favour and fuck off

Saw this on The Guardian before. Ban small white people!

A witness to the Bataclan attack has told BFMTV that one of the assailants was white and appeared to be European.

“I saw a guy who was pretty small, white and looked like a European,” he said. “He was just in front of the Bataclan and had a gun resting on his shoulder. Then I saw flashes and heard ‘Bam bam bam.’”

It makes too much sense for them to not use the crisis to their advantage whether you want difinitive proof or not. That is my opinion and a fucking valid one. Other then that I didn't state we should do anything about it because there isnt much we can do, so before you go off on one ranting about fucking racism you prick do us a favour and fuck off

I'm Jack's angry internet rant....

Calm down, you bad melt.

Guest Pistonbroke

Post on a Saturday? The terrorists have made a schoolboy error there

We get most of our post delivered on a Saturday, especially the bad news ones, they do the fucker deliberately so you have to stew over the weekend before contacting the cunts on a Monday morning.  

No doubt the solution to this will be we need to bomb shit out of Syria. Anyone opposing that view will be portrayed as condoning/supporting terrorism. The band wagon rolls on. 

I'd wait till Isis go on holiday and shoot them when they're lying on the beach and lets see how they like that. 

A witness to the Bataclan attack has told BFMTV that one of the assailants was white and appeared to be European.

“I saw a guy who was pretty small, white and looked like a European,” he said. “He was just in front of the Bataclan and had a gun resting on his shoulder. Then I saw flashes and heard ‘Bam bam bam.’”

Bam+Bam+Bigelow+3.png

ISIS does represent Islamism, and it is a problem, but "Islamism" isn't a religion. Islamism is a school of political thought, a usually isolationalist movement underpinned by religious orthodoxy and moral conservatism. At it's most extreme, it's essentially fascist and is built on rhetoric of separation and perceived superiority.

Islam is the religion, it's not interchangeable with the above and ISIS most certainly does not represent it.

Islamophobia is how our own ultra-conservative element drives their rhetoric of separation, of dehumanisation and of perceived superiority. By encouraging the conflation of these terms so people think Islam and Islamism, Muslim and Islamist are interchangeable. The part becomes the whole. Reduce, separate, eliminate. Same cunts, different flag.

I don't think Rico is doing the above, obviously (and the negative influence of religion is relevant), but do think it's becoming part of how normal people discuss the situation and I think it's pernicious and damaging to the whole conversation.

ISIS is waging a war ON Islam to claim right to define how the world views it. They are winning because the conflation you mentioned is an inevitable human process and moderate muslims have stood down and aren't defining themselves in a way that inhibits the process.

They need to fight back or islam will become the religion they don't claim it isn't.

• Upvote 1

Randy Newman was right

• Upvote 2

How can you wipe out an ideology when the very act of confronting it perpetuates its existence.

You can't. The ideology needs to reform in it's own time, not be forced to reform.

The west needs to let them get on with it and stop dealing with those who fund and encourage terrorism. Even if that happens it could take hundreds of years and still there will be acts of sectarian violence just like in Britain barely 20 years ago.

If it happens, which is unlikely until at the very least all the oil is gone, it won't happen in any of our lifetimes, or in our kids, or in their kids.

• Upvote 1

We atheists need to build a Death Star, all move into it with all the animals, and then have the religious types witness the power of our fully-operational battle station.

We can then move on to a new system with a habitable planet, and start again.

• Upvote 1

You can't. The ideology needs to reform in it's own time, not be forced to reform.

The west needs to let them get on with it and stop dealing with those who fund and encourage terrorism. Even if that happens it could take hundreds of years and still there will be acts of sectarian violence just like in Britain barely 20 years ago.

If it happens, which is unlikely until at the very least all the oil is gone, it won't happen in any of our lifetimes, or in our kids, or in their kids.

If that analysis is true then we have no alternative other that total war. We cannot sit back while European capitals become shooting galleries.

Withdrawl from the middle east would just allow this cancer to grow unchecked.

ISIS should be asked, "What do you want ?"

They won't be asked that because the west has deemed them as not the negotiating kind, while spending the last 15 years doing everything but attempting to negotiate, instead fighting illegal, immoral, political and idealogical wars.

We atheists need to build a Death Star, all move into it with all the animals, and then have the religious types witness the power of our fully-operational battle station.

We can then move on to a new system with a habitable planet, and start again.

Except the bluebottles, midges and crane flies.  They can all fuck off.

• Upvote 1