You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you BELIEVE or are you a DOUBTER?

razor

Are you a Believer or are you a Doubter?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a BELIEVER or are you a DOUBTER?

• I'm a BELIEVER!
    • I can't help myself - I'm a DOUBTER

The wave of optimism that has swept L4 (the nation, the world...!) since Jurgen came to town has been overwhelming.  But TLW being what it is, having its fair share of miserable cynics, naysayers, and of course revisionists, I thought it might be a good opportunity for these arl arses to state their position now, before a ball has been kicked in this Brave New Era, so they can get it off their (miserable) chests and stick a (miserable) stake in the (miserable) ground.

To be fair, we've had our fair share of knocks over the years, so it is understandable if you're not 100% onboard the flying Jurgenaut as it hurtles us through the bountiful land of victory and emotional ecstasy.  You just need to state it.

So, when we're celebrating at our parade in May, we can look back in our newly-grown locks, glasses and caps, and laugh at the naysayers.

You're miserable enough, but are you brave enough....?

State it now or forever hold your peace!

• Upvote 6

Yes, because we have a worldclass manager. We're not going to win the league or anything crazy, but we'll perform much better in Europe and be much tougher to beat against the top 4. We also won't be signing loads of mediocrities and farming off big characters because they dared question the manager. Players will by and large play in their best positions. What's not to believe in?

• Upvote 5

I posted something similar to this a few days ago on the MF

If you don't have a top manager you struggle to sign top players, if you don't have a top manager with experience of Europe then what's the point of qualifying for the CL. 

I'll admit that recently I've been going through the motions with football, turning up at Anfield more through habit than anything else. More than once I've asked myself what am I doing, why am I even bothering with this any more. Each time I'd tell myself off, fair weather fucking fan, get over it. But it didn't stop those feelings.

It just felt as if FSG were happy to see us bobble around mid table with a floundering manager who needed Gerrard to encourage players to come here. As I watched the likes of Southampton, West Ham and others improve, I felt we'd be left behind. 

Fuck me, that's all gone. I know we have yet to play a single game under Klopp but the statement of intent this appointment makes shakes the club and the fanbase to the core. Reconnect, reinvigorated, fucking buzzing. 

We have appointed one of the top managers in the world, a man who although he comes across as a friendly chap will blow the dust off this bunch of players and kick them up the ass. This is a man I can get behind (oooeerrr) this is a man that will I am sure pull this club back up again and get the fans going. I already feel as if I don't want to let him down and I'm just a fan, imagine how the players will start to feel.

I'm already counting the days until the Spurs game, when previously I've climbed into my mates car and asked "do we have to go, can't we just go to Costco for a hot dog and pretend we've been"

I can't fucking wait now, I'm even going to start watching the pre match press conferences. I can't wait to see 11 players out on that pitch and not 11 strangers. The club was flatlining and Klopp just shocked the life back in to it. 

• Upvote 5

I only get really grumpy when we appoint wank managers or sign wank players hence I'm satisfied that fsg and their fans have had their noses adequately rubbed in the turds they them selfs emitted and were proud of it now we can all move forward. We killed Brendan because he made a mistake now it's time to erase that mistake. The first step in dealing with being a Rodgers fan is admitting you have a problem mr pennant would you like to stand and tell us all a little about yourself?

• Upvote 1