You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is the right man then?

an tha

I think the squad is that shite that I don't think shanks could do anything with them. I don't have confidence in a single player to put in 2 decent performances in a row.

In the past we've always had stand out players in the squad sometimes ad many as 5 and 6 at a time. In the eighties we had a team of them. Sadly now there is no a single player amongst I rate

I doesn't matter who we get as no one can do anything with that shite

Get Can out of the defence.

Play him as a surging Gerrard type midfielder.

Watch the rest of the side get galvanised by it.

Hell, Klopp could even make him kapitan.

I think the squad is that shite that I don't think shanks could do anything with them. I don't have confidence in a single player to put in 2 decent performances in a row.

In the past we've always had stand out players in the squad sometimes ad many as 5 and 6 at a time. In the eighties we had a team of them. Sadly now there is no a single player amongst I rate

I doesn't matter who we get as no one can do anything with that shite

It is chocker with dead average players.

Sturridge is top class (but obviously made of twiglets) Coutinho has the talent to be top class.

The rest are just dead average in the main.

Which is criminal when you consider how much we have spent to assemble the squad.

Theres fuck all wrong with Pardew, as far as football management goes.

He has certainly shown he can get players going and get results, as evidenced by him having decent seasons at West Ham, Newcastle and currently Palace. However, it tends to be cyclical as his sides will be very good for 12 months and then abject for the next 12, and then back to being good again for 12 months if he's still there. If that pattern continues, I'd expect Palace's form to tail off around new year.

Anfield Index podcast, who are meant to have gone with the Rodgers sacked story before anyone else, are apparently claiming that Klopp is already a done deal and just needs to be officially announced.

Few journos saying Ancellotti is under consideration too, but he will only commit to 1 or 2 seasons, whereas Klopp sees the appeal of a more long term project.

Also talk that his director of football at Dortmund is out of contract soon and may follow him to Anfield.

• Upvote 1

I'd be very happy with Klopp. He has an edge to him, sets his team up to play with energy and pressing, and seems made for the opportunity that now exists at Liverpool. There's a lot of potential upside for him, and us, if he can get a spark quickly. I think that's what will happen, and I note that we are only 3 points off top four and 6 points off the lead with 30 games to go.

Ancelotti strikes me as more of a statesman. He is a top manager but I get the sense that he's seen it all before and we might not be the best fit for him right now.

• Upvote 1

PS - I don't know anything about Klopp being a Christian, but when did it get to the point that some of us will stick the boot in on that score before the man (an accomplished one at that) even gets here?

I don't do the religion debate on the GF these days, and I'm not looking for one here, but how did we get so intolerant of that? It's baffling that it can be held up as a stick to beat a potential manager with. The majority of the world's population holds a religious belief of some sort, as opposed to an atheistic or agnostic point of view.

Klopp, if he comes, will give the place a lift. I think he is made for us, or at least, the skills he has in his toolbox match the opportunity that exists at Liverpool very well. Like all managers he will be judged, but he shouldn't be pre-judged, and certainly not on the basis of his religious beliefs.

• Upvote 19

Anfield Index podcast, who are meant to have gone with the Rodgers sacked story before anyone else, are apparently claiming that Klopp is already a done deal and just needs to be officially announced.

Few journos saying Ancellotti is under consideration too, but he will only commit to 1 or 2 seasons, whereas Klopp sees the appeal of a more long term project.

Also talk that his director of football at Dortmund is out of contract soon and may follow him to Anfield.

There's some very, very interesting insights on there from the lad who knew Rodgers was going earlier in the week and put it on Twitter. First twenty minutes or so. Link here.

• Upvote 4

Frankly, it is not difficult sourcing a manager with a more successful record than Brendan. It's a long list.

We're not looking for any manager with a more successful record than Brendan. We're looking for a manager that will have competing for titles domestically and in Europe.

That's a shorter list.