You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Backing the manager

G Richards

I couldn't agree with this more mate. I am shocked that Livepool fans direct such shite towards the manager of our club. Sure i understand people having reservations about him, after last season, but the things that people say about him and our players is fucking shocking at times.

Some fans want him and the players to fail just so they can be proved right, sadly that's the internet culture. I can't believe that every fan on here supports Liverpool. There are surely a few mancs/Evertonians etc on here who are just on the wind up.

That's not the first time I've seen you post something like that and I'm sorry but it's absolute bullshit in my opinion. Every single person on here (with the exception of Fanchester City) would be delighted if the manager and players went on to have a successful season. Just because people have been voicing their doubts on an Internet forum, it doesn't mean that they would prefer to see their team fail just so they could come back on and tell everyone what wonderful insight they had and score some internet points. I'm sure if he does fail this season there will be people saying "I told you so" but I'm equally sure they'd all rather be admitting they were wrong as we lifted a cup or finished in the top 4.

• Upvote 6

Nobody has ever said anything like that, you always seem to be a bit dramatic about this subject especially for someone who clearly prides themselves on intellectual insight.

I genuinely have no idea how to even begin to answer you here without calling you a cunt.

• Upvote 2

That's not the first time I've seen you post something like that and I'm sorry but it's absolute bullshit in my opinion. Every single person on here (with the exception of Fanchester City) would be delighted if the manager and players went on to have a successful season. Just because people have been voicing their doubts on an Internet forum, it doesn't mean that they would prefer to see their team fail just so they could come back on and tell everyone what wonderful insight they had and score some internet points. I'm sure if he does fail this season there will be people saying "I told you so" but I'm equally sure they'd all rather be admitting they were wrong as we lifted a cup or finished in the top 4.

Sorry i disagree, because i don't think everyone on here actually supports Liverpool. I think there are a few very smart posters who have fooled everyone into thinking that they are fans but they can't be. Not with some of the shit they come out with.

Don't worry though, sleep easy, I'm on to them 

Thanks for the responses to everyone so far on the thread. We all want the team to succeed. Hardly any of us actually think it will with Brendan at the helm, and after the capitulation last season, most think he is lucky to still have the manager's job. For a lot of people, if we're going to fail under Brendan anyway, then we might as well be getting on with it under a new man, and if the likes of Klopp might be available, we're wasting time persisting with the wrong man.  

That's the main sort of sentiment I'm picking up. 

I just want to be clear with my view. I'm not advocating a RAWK style forum where there is no dissension. Nor am I suggesting we wipe the slate clean with Rodgers, as we all know what has happened to date, and that cannot magically disappear. 

But if RAWK represents one end of the spectrum - a 'happy place' where valid criticism is shut down too quickly and too often; then my view is this place has become the other end of that spectrum, at least in recent weeks. And it is hard going. Perhaps given what has gone before that is to be expected. But I'm hoping Rodgers can at least get a fair crack of the whip this season, and fans can allow that, since he has been put back into the arena by the owners. 

Thanks for the responses to everyone so far on the thread. We all want the team to succeed. Hardly any of us actually think it will with Brendan at the helm, and after the capitulation last season, most think he is lucky to still have the manager's job. For a lot of people, if we're going to fail under Brendan anyway, then we might as well be getting on with it under a new man, and if the likes of Klopp might be available, we're wasting time persisting with the wrong man.  

That's the main sort of sentiment I'm picking up. 

I just want to be clear with my view. I'm not advocating a RAWK style forum where there is no dissension. Nor am I suggesting we wipe the slate clean with Rodgers, as we all know what has happened to date, and that cannot magically disappear. 

But if RAWK represents one end of the spectrum - a 'happy place' where valid criticism is shut down too quickly and too often; then my view is this place has become the other end of that spectrum, at least in recent weeks. And it is hard going. Perhaps given what has gone before that is to be expected. But I'm hoping Rodgers can at least get a fair crack of the whip this season, and fans can allow that, since he has been put back into the arena by the owners. 

I think he will get that G.

Couldn't give a shite whether people rate him or not it would just be nice to come on here seeing people giving him personal abuse.

To be honest the jibes about Charlotte/ Susan/ teeth/ houses/ weight the Office are more entertaining than agonising about 352 v 442 aren't they?
  • Upvote 1

But if RAWK represents one end of the spectrum - a 'happy place' where valid criticism is shut down too quickly and too often; then my view is this place has become the other end of that spectrum, at least in recent weeks. And it is hard going. 

TLW is this

header.jpg

and RAWK is this

crumb3.jpg

The TLW is this

slave3.jpg

and RAWK is this

8352525fd990ddc6d5f6afc728cc17eb.jpg

We say this

hqdefault.jpg

"I know"

And RAWK says this

star-wars-the-phantom-menace-jar-jar-bin

"Me sa Jar Jar Binks"

Hope that clarifies the differences between the two.
  • Upvote 8

The way I see it, no. He's been financially backed for the fourth successive season and allowed more leeway than any manager in recent memory in terms of results.

I wanted him gone this season, but now that he's been given another season, I do want him to do well, as it means my team does well. It doesn't mean that I won't question his methods on this forum as he's been granted enough time to implement his methods, nor will I stop criticising that if he hasn't learnt from it.

The OP mentioned a clean slate, Rodgers doesn't deserve that from now. He needs to earn back the trust afforded to him when he got the job, and that comes with all the football related vitriol, criticism and questions.

How about suspending things until after Stoke? Another debacle and I doubt anyone would support Rodgers. Something better might take out some of the sting and shame of the 6-1.

We'll know soon enough if he deserves more support.

I'll give him until half time and that's my best offer . If we're not battering them 4 -0 he can fuck right off.

Sorry i disagree, because i don't think everyone on here actually supports Liverpool. I think there are a few very smart posters who have fooled everyone into thinking that they are fans but they can't be. Not with some of the shit they come out with.

Don't worry though, sleep easy, I'm on to them

ps2.gif

• Upvote 1

I still feel that if we wanted Kevin Keegan we would have got him a long time ago. Rodgers needs to be at a smaller club learning how to win things, not fucking Liverpool. But I will support him. Again. As for the owners, we all knew that Kenny was due another season and Rodgers wasn't due another season coming up. They're clueless beauts.

If the useless tossers in charge wanted brainless attacking football they should have got Kevin Keegan. At least he knows the club and doesn't just make it up as he goes along. 

Rodgers is our Moyes. He'll end up convincing the world he's doing a good job while we win nothing and get embarrassed in Europe when we manage to qualify for it. At least Moyes had the excuse of managing a club with little money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1