You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Not sure what the issue is.

I didn't say all Leave supporters are racist, I said the actual racists win. Your average knuckle dragging, Ukip Voting, 'They took our jobs' racist will see any leave win as a victory and justification for the views they hold. The non-racist leave supporters need not be offended by that view.

I didn't say all Leave supporters are racist, I said the actual racists win. Your average knuckle dragging, Ukip Voting, 'They took our jobs' racist will see any leave win as a victory and justification for the views they hold. The non-racist leave supporters need not be offended by that view.

Yup, you disagree with the perceived view for valid reasons and get labelled a racist because some people disagree with the view for racist reasons.

Guest Pistonbroke

If the leave voters win then the majority of the UK lose, and all because people want to make Britain great again, take back control, give the Tories a bloody nose blah blah blah, not one fucking economical reason. Well I'm afraid the UK deserve all the misery they'll get, because the rich won't suffer, it will be those doh bags who haven't got a clue about economics but love a great rendition of Land of Hope and Glory and glorifying past battles. 

tumblr_lng2rbFZb71qdr6jw.gif

The pound fell 1% against the euro tonight after the news 'out' is 10% ahead in the polls.

seeing as you're bothered about the pound falling, will you campaign for the UK to adopt the Euro if the remain campaign wins?

After all the EU says this "A single currency offers many advantages, such as eliminating fluctuating exchange rates and exchange costs. Because it is easier for companies to conduct cross-border trade and the economy is more stable, the economy grows and consumers have more choice. A common currency also encourages people to travel and shop in other countries. At global level, the euro gives the EU more clout, as it is the second most important international currency after the US dollar."

So you's willingly embrace it, yes?

http://europa.eu/about-eu/basic-information/money/euro/index_en.htm

It's not really surprising given the poison and misinformation the right wing press have fed the masses over the last thirty years is it? Allied to UKIP's and the Tory far rights propaganda over the last 10 years, and the fact that the ignorant believe what they want to believe and have no interest in finding out the facts.

I'm pretty concerned about this, the vote is definitely heading for leave. I saw a report on ITV news the other day from West Bromwich and they were speaking to people in a boozer, of the people asked only one said they would be voting to remain, one guy said of about 30 people he works with, not one would vote for remain. I saw another report a few weeks back on Channel 4 News and it featured Neil Kinnock going back to his old constituency in the valleys and speaking with a load of old miners, every one of them wanted to leave and almost all of them due to immigration, this despite them living in a part of the country with hardly any immigrants.

The fact that so many people are willing to pin most of the country's problems on immigrants rather than looking at the politicians from all parties who decide how the country is run and implement the policies that affect our health service, education, housing etc is utterly depressing.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

If I had a pound for every time jimmy went on about the single currency I could swap them for the equivalent amount of euros in a few weeks.

Wums are gonna wum. 

The biggest reason we can't go it alone is because our government and ruling class don't care whether we're alive or dead. 

If you had a centre left leader with a grand plan and some kind of proposals to allie with similar countries and trade with them them it'd be a different story, but this country has been hollowed out industrially to the point where it only makes money through shite service sector jobs and the smoke and mirrors of high finance. Unless that changes we can't really take the chance on removing any potential life support. 

Spot on, but that's exactly the reason why i'm voting out. All that'll be left of this country if the Tories follow their dogma through to it's logical end conclusion is endless rows of semi detached houses and zero hour service sector jobs. At least if we're out of the EU it'll force those in power to strengthen our industries and build them back up again, out of necessity more than anything else.

This free market centric approach of selling every resource we own and taking industries that were once great bastions of our culture and gutting them like fish cannot stand if we depend on them for our own survival. We can't just simply outsource everything, we need to create jobs and resurrect failing industries and Labour is simply better at that than the Tories.

Wums are gonna wum. 

Oh? Would you like to point out where Im wrong regarding the Parliamentary process for a Government led by boris or anyone else, has to go through to be able repeal Acts for workers rights, healthcare, education etc?

Would you like to answer the simple question that if the Euro is the single most tangible proof of EU Integration, that should Remain win the same people should then campaign to adopt the Euro?

Guest Pistonbroke

Some people just keep on trying despite the fact we have proven time and time again that there is no point debating with a mentalist. 

Just backs up the fact that wums are going to wum. 

Some people just keep on trying despite the fact we have proven time and time again that there is no point debating with a mentalist. 

Just backs up the fact that wums are going to wum. 

Ah. So the Remain camp isnt prepared to answer. Strange, I seem to recall a couple of posts, one by you in fact. where Stayers said they were prepared to debate and explain their position (on Remain) but the people saying they want to Leave had offered no facts.

So its not just scaremongering from the remainers, its also unwillingness to answer.

Looks like the boot is on the other foot.