You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chels.... Who's arsed?

Oh Buoy

Look at those sad, modern eunuchs, english villagers holding printouts about Gerrard slipping.

Look at them closely, this is your society, fellas like them in your tiny, rainy island brought you cameron, for 5 more years.

You'll get no arguments here. If the blitz was happening now I'd be stood down in the smoke with a bat signal. 

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching a recording of the match so I'll go back and see what others thought. Here's how it looked to me:

In many ways it's hard to read too much into anything that happened today. They are champions and so there was very little on it. But then I suppose it's Liverpool v Chelsea, so that made a bit of a game of it. On the balance of play I thought we were the better side. With an effective striker we'd have won that fairly comfortably (then again, you got the sense that they had another gear to move up to).

Stevie got a nice goal. Made space at the back stick and headed it down. Their fans gave him some stick, which is to be expected, but then it looked like the majority gave him a good send off when he was substituted. It was nice to see Sinclair see some action (what does that say about Balotelli and Borini?!) and Sterling got into a threatening position a couple of times, only to powder puff his shot.

The whole affair had the look of an end of season game where both sides already know their current station in life. One side champions, the other not finishing top four. So there was a certain sense that they were going through the motions a bit.

On another note, and it has looked this way for a few years now, they just looked stronger than us. They have some big, athletic players, and they just know when to lean on the opponent and put their foot in. That's something we could do with adding, as we're a bit too intricate - without much end product this season, I might add.

On another note, and it has looked this way for a few years now, they just looked stronger than us. They have some big, athletic players, and they just know when to lean on the opponent and put their foot in. That's something we could do with adding, as we're a bit too intricate - without much end product this season, I might add.

This is why, whether we like it or not, Mourinho is a boss manager. His chelsea sides have always had athletes in them, usually in the middle of the park. Ball winners, strong, strength up front. The first thing he did was buy Drogba, most people didn't have a clue who he was and he could have bought any striker in the world, but he was tailor made for English football. He knows how to build sides to win the Premiership, and it's only gone tits up when Abramovich took the reigns and started splashing out on hollywood signings. 

It's not neccessarily about big signings, it's about the right signings. He needed a midfielder and a striker last summer, and he bought a midfielder and a striker, 

• Upvote 2

I thought we were the better side against a side who'd probably been on the piss all week and weren't really motivated. We were up for it and took the game to them but still couldn't win the game. We haven't won at a top 4 ground under Rodgers in 3 years and don't have what it takes to win these games. (United weren't top 4 last season and everyone won there.)

http://find-yourselfheree.blogspot.com/2015/05/mourinho-planned-for-5-contracts-in.html

Mourinho planned fort 5 contracts in summer .... Know their names

If they do go after them they will get them as well.

I would love to see Pedro with us, can play anywhere across the front line, proven quality, has end product when it comes to creating and scoring, he would be ideal for us and an upgrade on the likely to depart Sterling.

Won't happen of course.

It's not neccessarily about big signings, it's about the right signings. He needed a midfielder and a striker last summer, and he bought a midfielder and a striker,

exactly. It's why I'm terrified of what we do this summer. We need a striker that scores goals and ideally can play in a high pressing team. (Just like last summer) but watch how we"ll be making bids for wingers, midfielders and fullbacks for most of the summer.

Use out transfer kitty and BUY FUCKING GOALS.